-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Arizona, Tucson
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
stardust12
Full Member
same…I’m trying to remain hopeful but I interviewed in August and if they really do review all applicants every round it’s probably not a good sign. I also received that “you are still under review” and not the “this is not a rejection letter email”. it sucks because UA is my state school and alma mater 🙁 maybe we will end up on the waitlist though!I interviewed very early on in the cycle and I understand that they review all applicants every time they have a round of acceptances going out but I think this is silent rejection from them for me. Best of luck to everyone else!

I feel you right now. I am a trad ORM with similar stats and really did not want to reapp. We'll get there eventually.same…I’m trying to remain hopeful but I interviewed in August and if they really do review all applicants every round it’s probably not a good sign. I also received that “you are still under review” and not the “this is not a rejection letter email”. it sucks because UA is my state school and alma mater 🙁 maybe we will end up on the waitlist though!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email saying “this is not a rejection letter” after having received the other one last month you are still under review.same…I’m trying to remain hopeful but I interviewed in August and if they really do review all applicants every round it’s probably not a good sign. I also received that “you are still under review” and not the “this is not a rejection letter email”. it sucks because UA is my state school and alma mater 🙁 maybe we will end up on the waitlist though!![]()
Just got a status update email with the "active candidate in our pool" phrase this time. Hoping for the best on the next round of acceptances!
Also got a “You remain an active candidate. This is not a rejection letter” for the second month in a row. No idea what to make of it at this point lol.
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
…I’m still “on hold” for a potential interview lol, since October. Been assuming that’s a soft R. Anyone else still holding out hope for an interview? Sigh
Just got that R oos pre-II
banksys_bupropion
Full Member
Oops, looks like I did too. Well, best of luck to all still waiting ✨Just got that R oos pre-II
hopefulfuturemd82
New Member
Just got pre-II R after being on interview waitlist for months
Pre-II R after being on the interview waitlist since August lol
Same thing happened to me. Got the "active candidate" email this time.I got the “under review” email last time, today got the “active candidate” one. Not thinking there’s a difference.
Pre-II R. It was an honor getting to SDN with ya'll! 🙂 Good luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stressed_premed_2022
Full Member
+1Pre-II R. It was an honor getting to SDN with ya'll! 🙂 Good luck to everyone.
hopefullydrb
Full Member
I would hereby like to cordially thank UA-Tucson for finally rejecting me after being on hold since August: Thank you, good sir. It's been an honor. *tips hat*
stardust12
Full Member
+1 so I wonder if there was even a difference between the two emails?? strange 🤔Same thing happened to me. Got the "active candidate" email this time.
random_username
Full Member
I wouldn't worry---you literally just interviewed and it took a while for the "under review" designation to even go on my file 🙂I interviewed 1/28 and didn't get any update email saying under review or active candidate, but when I called the office today they said I am still under review, should I be worried?
random_username
Full Member
A thought on the difference between the two emails--"update" vs "active candidate".... it's possible that there was a difference between the emails last time, but based on the response their office got from applicants, maybe they decided to change it up and give everyone the same email this time instead. I'd be curious if anyone who got the "active candidate" letter the previous acceptance day in early jan got accepted today...
stardust12
Full Member
so we think there’s going to be more acceptances in Feb? based on how this cycle has been going they only do acceptances once a month. if so, I assume that’s the second to last one and there’ll be one more in March before the waitlist? I think I might email them to ask 🤔
I'd be interested to know that, too! The "Plan to Enroll" tool opens through AMCAS on the 22nd, so I wonder if they would try to get more admissions decisions sent out before then.so we think there’s going to be more acceptances in Feb? based on how this cycle has been going they only do acceptances once a month. if so, I assume that’s the second to last one and there’ll be one more in March before the waitlist? I think I might email them to ask 🤔
FWIW, I got the active candidate email last time and was not accepted today.A thought on the difference between the two emails--"update" vs "active candidate".... it's possible that there was a difference between the emails last time, but based on the response their office got from applicants, maybe they decided to change it up and give everyone the same email this time instead. I'd be curious if anyone who got the "active candidate" letter the previous acceptance day in early jan got accepted today...
For anyone still waiting, I also got the "active candidate" email, so I called Admissions to ask if this was the same as the waitlist, and she said no. She said they have a couple more rounds of admissions decisions meetings before opening the waitlist, and she anticipates it opening in early March.so we think there’s going to be more acceptances in Feb? based on how this cycle has been going they only do acceptances once a month. if so, I assume that’s the second to last one and there’ll be one more in March before the waitlist? I think I might email them to ask 🤔
glyco_lie_sis
New Member
Got the acceptance call this morning! Interviewed 1/21.
Congrats!!! IS or OOS?Got the acceptance call this morning! Interviewed 1/21.
glyco_lie_sis
New Member
Thank You! And IS!Congrats!!! IS or OOS?
Just got the pre-II R after months of status-update emails. Tbh the constant status update reminder probably made this R worse, even if I am an OOS ORM (with strong ties to the state though).
Congrats on the A! If you don't mind sharing could you please share your stats?Got the acceptance call this morning! Interviewed 1/21.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the acceptance call yesterday! I am IS and interviewed 11/5. 3rd time applying, and interviewed with UACOM-T all three times.
cGPA: 3.97
sGPA: 4.0
509 MCAT
Good luck to everyone!
For anyone wondering, in January I received the “under review” email, but in the previous application cycles I only received the “active candidate” email, although no one ever mentioned an “under review” email on SDN in previous cycles.
cGPA: 3.97
sGPA: 4.0
509 MCAT
Good luck to everyone!
For anyone wondering, in January I received the “under review” email, but in the previous application cycles I only received the “active candidate” email, although no one ever mentioned an “under review” email on SDN in previous cycles.
manifestingmedicine
Full Member
Do we know when the next round of acceptances will be going out?
stardust12
Full Member
someone should email them to ask…I’ve emailed them so many times at this point I feel like they’re annoyed with me lolDo we know when the next round of acceptances will be going out?
It seems like, from reviewing last year's posts, admissions decisions were being released every 2 to 3 weeks at this point in the cycle.someone should email them to ask…I’ve emailed them so many times at this point I feel like they’re annoyed with me lol
unknownmedboi
Full Member
For those accepted, have they given us more information with regards to like a Facebook group we can join or some sort of group me to begin getting to know each other?
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
There is a groupme that admissions has to add you to. Think they're setting up a new student website too.For those accepted, have they given us more information with regards to like a Facebook group we can join or some sort of group me to begin getting to know each other?
unknownmedboi
Full Member
Have they already added individuals to it?There is a groupme that admissions has to add you to. Think they're setting up a new student website too.
They have added people to it already, it seems like they add in bulk if you're still waiting. There is a facebook group as well, "UofA COMT-t | class of 2026" is the group nameHave they already added individuals to it?
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Hoping to get the call!! 🤞
manifestingmedicine
Full Member
OH MY GOD. I am seriously in disbelief. Just got the acceptance call- interviewed 2/4. This is my top choice school so I am over the moon right now. Really hoping for good luck for everyone on this thread!!
random_username
Full Member
anyone else hear anything today? I'm expecting a "sorry you didn't get in this time" email soon. Is there only one more round of acceptances after this? i think this was the 5th one
unknownmedboi
Full Member
That's so weird, I have yet to get the email to join. I'll try and join the UA COM - T Facebook page though.They have added people to it already, it seems like they add in bulk if you're still waiting. There is a facebook group as well, "UofA COMT-t | class of 2026" is the group name
Anyone get a deferral email yet? Its not looking good for me interviewed in October 😩.
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
I never got an email, but was added. Guessing they search you on groupme with an associated email that matches whatever you applied with.That's so weird, I have yet to get the email to join. I'll try and join the UA COM - T Facebook page though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stardust12
Full Member
looking even worse for me, interviewed in August 🙁 but same no email yetAnyone get a deferral email yet? Its not looking good for me interviewed in October 😩.
+1 to interview in August 🙁looking even worse for me, interviewed in August 🙁 but same no email yet
+2 but interviewed in October. I wonder if there will be another status update email sent out today to those who interviewed but haven't received the acceptance call.+1 to interview in August 🙁
stardust12
Full Member
no status email….that can’t be good
did anyone receive one?
Nope!no status email….that can’t be gooddid anyone receive one?