2021-2022 Arizona, Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so peeps not rejected yet, I think we are looking at waitlist best case

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Welp, it’s been a long ride fellas. Was super devastated to finally receive the rejection after months of being updated with the “you’re still an active candidate” email. UA was my top choice and the only school that gave me an interview, but I guess I blew it… Much love and the best of luck to everyone this cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called Admissions and was told that we would hear back by the end of this week with either a WL or R.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else not receive any decision? I didn’t get anything. It says my file is still under review.

Congrats to all. Waitlisted too! Anyone know what movement has been like in previous years?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if the school does ranking and if the rankings is based on the pre clinical sciences?

Anyone know when Financial aid packages are sent? I saw somewhere it says "April", but still waiting.

Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent? Is anyone sending them/sent them and got any feedback?

Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent? Is anyone sending them/sent them and got any feedback?
They don't accept anything post-interview. Even if they did accept them, I believe the waitlist is ranked, so it wouldn't make a difference, unfortunately.

For others who are Waitlisted here, is the school showing up in CYMS for you? It isn't for me and I'm not sure if this should be a concern?

For others who are Waitlisted here, is the school showing up in CYMS for you? It isn't for me and I'm not sure if this should be a concern?
Hi! I’m on multiple waitlists and I do not have access to the CYMS tool. I think only schools that you have acceptances to show up.

Hi! I’m on multiple waitlists and I do not have access to the CYMS tool. I think only schools that you have acceptances to show up.
Not part of this thread, but wanted to chime in on this. I think CYMS only comes up if you have an acceptance. However, WL schools should be listed on CYMS as well (again, only visible if accepted to at least one school).

Did anyone actually get a scholarship offer? I only see loan offers in my email I got today. Just curious if they actually considered anyone for actual scholarships.

Did anyone get ANY aid besides loans? My parents made basically $0 in 2020 and I still didn’t get anything.
Found this admissions report from 2018-19: Annual Committee Report. In the scholarship section, it says there were 16 renewable and 11 nonrenewable scholarships. An interesting quote from the "Outcomes" section: "19 of the top 50 original acceptances were offered scholarships, many of the students received substantial scholarships in an effort to recruit them to the UA COM and to eliminate concerns about funding their medical school education.".

It's 3 years old, but I don't think much would change in that time frame.

EDIT: Found 2018-2019 report. Original post included 2017-2018 numbers, which can be found here Annual committee report 2017-18.

Last edited:
I just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to all you deserving future docs!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone attended their Applicant Academy sessions for reapplicants?

haven’t heard anything
I called Admissions today, and she said they'll hopefully make more offers within the next week. But a few days ago, someone else told me they don't foresee much more movement. So I'm not sure what to make of it.

I called Admissions today, and she said they'll hopefully make more offers within the next week. But a few days ago, someone else told me they don't foresee much more movement. So I'm not sure what to make of it.
A friend of mine is running into a similar issue with a MI school, where students are declining A's and people are being pulled from the WL regularly. Technically, the class is "full," but the WL has decent movement.

I'm wondering if that's what's going on here.

• Hmm
Here's to hoping for news soon. I have to sign a lease for a DO school soon and this is getting stressful AF

Reactions: 1 users
Here's to hoping for news soon. I have to sign a lease for a DO school soon and this is getting stressful AF
Hmm . . . I know UACOM-T reviews applications regularly. It may be worth emailing them about your specific circumstance to see if they can review your app in their next session.

Hmm . . . I know UACOM-T reviews applications regularly. It may be worth emailing them about your specific circumstance to see if they can review your app in their next session.
I've tried! They said the waitlist is ranked, and they can't do anything about your placement on the waitlist. You just have to wait and see. :(

Thank you all for sharing your information! Really appreciate it during this stressful time :)

• Care