2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A received via email this morning!! Congrats to everyone else that got an A and WL - I know for a fact that they accept a lot of people off the WL!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
A this morning! Interviewed late September. So grateful!!

Probably an obvious question but does anyone know if the deposit and acknowledgement form are binding? That last line on the acknowledgement form is putting me off...

Reactions: 3 users
A!! this morning :love: Interviewed in Sept. Congrats to everyone!!!
@NYapplicant61 it says "preliminary commitment", assuming you are capable of completing the education? but it's not final - so, definitely not binding! Remember we all need to use the "choose our school" tool on AMCAS in Spring 2022. The deposit is just to hold your seat so they know you are going to consider them (and they don't give your seat to sb else) when Spring comes around. Congrats!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A!! this morning :love: Interviewed in Sept. Congrats to everyone!!!
@NYapplicant61 it says "preliminary commitment", assuming you are capable of completing the education? but it's not final - so, definitely not binding! Remember we all need to use the "choose our school" tool on AMCAS in Spring 2022. The deposit is just to hold your seat so they know you are going to consider them (and they don't give your seat to sb else) when Spring comes around. Congrats!
Thank you for replying and congrats on the A!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted received today this afternoon. Good luck to all!

• Love
Accepted today as well :)

For other acceptees, I know it says we may not have a person number yet— has anyone gotten one? If so, did it auto-populate on the checkout page or did you find it somewhere else? Just not sure where to look for it when I get one.

UPDATE: So it doesn't auto-populate, but when you log into the slate portal (the link Dr. Marshall sent) it says it underneath where it says Hi [first name]! in big blue letters. Took about a day for it to show up.

Last edited:
A this morning!! Interviewed mid October, my only A so far and I'm so grateful!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if they will have a second look day so we can see the campus and facilities in person? I couldn’t find anything online about it

Reactions: 1 user
I was going through last years thread and I found this interesting tidbit (that may or may not be true so take it with a pinch of salt) that @matlatos4 posted "To the best of my knowledge, how it works is someone is chosen to present your file and then the committee votes on you. Based on number of votes, 8-10 is acceptance, 6-7 is waitlist, and 1-5 is denied.
So I'm guessing at every meeting they discuss the waitlist again and try to admit the same amount of people per interview cohort and use the waitlist to supplement if enough people didn't get in outright."

Edit: I was also going through the 2020 thread and the first WL acceptance was 12/19 after being put on the WL 10/15. For 2021, the first A off WL was 12/17 but put on WL 12/1. For 2021, there may be some c-19 stuff going on with when they were put on WL (they interviewed in August) but it doesn't seem to have impacted when they were pulled off. I guess we'll have to wait until December to see some WL action.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are we supposed to send a letter or respond or anything if we were waitlisted?

Does Buffalo accept update letters?
Yes they do
Are we supposed to send a letter or respond or anything if we were waitlisted?
Well it's a personal choice. If you definitely have anything to add to your app then it's it's update letter. You can certainly send a letter of interest/intent if you know you 100% want to attend and are waitlisted.
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you should let them know if you want!

Well it's a personal choice. If you definitely have anything to add to your app then it's it's update letter. You can certainly send a letter of interest/intent if you know you 100% want to attend and are waitlisted.
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you should let them know if you want!
I know those are supposed to come letter though. Some schools need a confirmation of accepting a place on the waitlist, so I wasnt sure if it was okay to email back just a more generic thing?

II today, OS! Has any of the OS received an A yet?

• Love
Was anyone else hopeful about hearing something post-interview today?

I was accepted OOS 11/1 and withdrew, hopefully my spot goes to one of y'all!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know when the scholarship application is due?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the scholarship application is due?
Do they send us information about the scholarship application after we get accepted? I just got the A on Wednesday but haven't heard about scholarship info yet

Do they send us information about the scholarship application after we get accepted? I just got the A on Wednesday but haven't heard about scholarship info yet
Yes! I received it about 1.5 ish weeks later after my A.

Is there a admitted students chat/ group? Also is there a first or second look day?

Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know when they are going to do the next round of acceptance or how long it takes for them to make decision.

Would anyone be willing to call the med school and get info on how the cycle is going?? The wait is getting stressful

They're obviously not willing if they made a post kindly wondering if anyone else would be willing to instead.. no need to be mean
It was 2 words but I guess I can see how it could be construed as mean. My bad, sorry OP. I don't consider myself to be a mean person and hope I didn't come off that way.

I will say that I called/emailed a few admissions offices for updates on the application cycle, and feel confident in saying that schools generally understand how nerve-racking it is to wait in this unique kind of application process. The schools I contacted are in my state so I felt more urge to get some info and they all said to some extent: "Thank you for reaching out, we understand how anxious you must be. We have a record number of applications this year, so we appreciate your patience." If anyone is ever concerned about reaching out to Buffalo/Jacobs or any other school, it shouldn't affect you negatively to reach out and ask! Just be kind and courteous :)

To illustrate, most people at the other end of the phone are current med students who know the struggle. It's also probably in poor taste to leave contact information on MSAR only for the people who use that contact info to be looked at as annoying, right?

When you get an interview does your application status change on their website (The "Check your application status" tool)?

When you get an interview does your application status change on their website (The "Check your application status" tool)?
Nope, the application status stops updating once the application is complete.

Does anybody know when they are going to do the next round of acceptance or how long it takes for them to make decision.
wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anything since interviewing over a month ago

Does anyone have an insight for those of us who have experienced radio silence since July?

Does Jacobs send Rs asap, or do they do it silently?

Has anyone gotten an II lately? It seems like it has been quite a while since anyone posted II and I am wondering if maybe they are done for the cycle? Or do they send them in batches?