You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
NYapplicant61
Full Member
A this morning! Interviewed late September. So grateful!!
Probably an obvious question but does anyone know if the deposit and acknowledgement form are binding? That last line on the acknowledgement form is putting me off...
Probably an obvious question but does anyone know if the deposit and acknowledgement form are binding? That last line on the acknowledgement form is putting me off...
blackmagicmcat20
New Member
A!! this morning 😍 Interviewed in Sept. Congrats to everyone!!!
@NYapplicant61 it says "preliminary commitment", assuming you are capable of completing the education? but it's not final - so, definitely not binding! Remember we all need to use the "choose our school" tool on AMCAS in Spring 2022. The deposit is just to hold your seat so they know you are going to consider them (and they don't give your seat to sb else) when Spring comes around. Congrats!
@NYapplicant61 it says "preliminary commitment", assuming you are capable of completing the education? but it's not final - so, definitely not binding! Remember we all need to use the "choose our school" tool on AMCAS in Spring 2022. The deposit is just to hold your seat so they know you are going to consider them (and they don't give your seat to sb else) when Spring comes around. Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NYapplicant61
Full Member
Thank you for replying and congrats on the A!!A!! this morning 😍 Interviewed in Sept. Congrats to everyone!!!
@NYapplicant61 it says "preliminary commitment", assuming you are capable of completing the education? but it's not final - so, definitely not binding! Remember we all need to use the "choose our school" tool on AMCAS in Spring 2022. The deposit is just to hold your seat so they know you are going to consider them (and they don't give your seat to sb else) when Spring comes around. Congrats!
Accepted today as well 🙂
For other acceptees, I know it says we may not have a person number yet— has anyone gotten one? If so, did it auto-populate on the checkout page or did you find it somewhere else? Just not sure where to look for it when I get one.
UPDATE: So it doesn't auto-populate, but when you log into the slate portal (the link Dr. Marshall sent) it says it underneath where it says Hi [first name]! in big blue letters. Took about a day for it to show up.
For other acceptees, I know it says we may not have a person number yet— has anyone gotten one? If so, did it auto-populate on the checkout page or did you find it somewhere else? Just not sure where to look for it when I get one.
UPDATE: So it doesn't auto-populate, but when you log into the slate portal (the link Dr. Marshall sent) it says it underneath where it says Hi [first name]! in big blue letters. Took about a day for it to show up.
Last edited:
goodmorningworld
New Member
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, can you please share your stats??
NYapplicant61
Full Member
LM 72, in state, ORMCongratulations to everyone who got accepted, can you please share your stats??
I was going through last years thread and I found this interesting tidbit (that may or may not be true so take it with a pinch of salt) that @matlatos4 posted "To the best of my knowledge, how it works is someone is chosen to present your file and then the committee votes on you. Based on number of votes, 8-10 is acceptance, 6-7 is waitlist, and 1-5 is denied.
So I'm guessing at every meeting they discuss the waitlist again and try to admit the same amount of people per interview cohort and use the waitlist to supplement if enough people didn't get in outright."
Edit: I was also going through the 2020 thread and the first WL acceptance was 12/19 after being put on the WL 10/15. For 2021, the first A off WL was 12/17 but put on WL 12/1. For 2021, there may be some c-19 stuff going on with when they were put on WL (they interviewed in August) but it doesn't seem to have impacted when they were pulled off. I guess we'll have to wait until December to see some WL action.
So I'm guessing at every meeting they discuss the waitlist again and try to admit the same amount of people per interview cohort and use the waitlist to supplement if enough people didn't get in outright."
Edit: I was also going through the 2020 thread and the first WL acceptance was 12/19 after being put on the WL 10/15. For 2021, the first A off WL was 12/17 but put on WL 12/1. For 2021, there may be some c-19 stuff going on with when they were put on WL (they interviewed in August) but it doesn't seem to have impacted when they were pulled off. I guess we'll have to wait until December to see some WL action.
Last edited:
Tddybr20
Full Member
Yes they do!Does Buffalo accept update letters?
Tddybr20
Full Member
Yes they doDoes Buffalo accept update letters?
Well it's a personal choice. If you definitely have anything to add to your app then it's it's update letter. You can certainly send a letter of interest/intent if you know you 100% want to attend and are waitlisted.Are we supposed to send a letter or respond or anything if we were waitlisted?
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you should let them know if you want!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know those are supposed to come letter though. Some schools need a confirmation of accepting a place on the waitlist, so I wasnt sure if it was okay to email back just a more generic thing?Well it's a personal choice. If you definitely have anything to add to your app then it's it's update letter. You can certainly send a letter of interest/intent if you know you 100% want to attend and are waitlisted.
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you should let them know if you want!
You mean the student one that’s over zoom? It was completely casual.What was the dress code like for the Q & A after interviews?
Algernon48
New Member
II today, complete 7/19, LM 68, from Buffalo
concerninghob
Full Member
When are they scheduling out to?II today, complete 7/19, LM 68, from Buffalo
Congratulations! When were you complete?II today, OS! Has any of the OS received an A yet?
Algernon48
New Member
Late November, early DecemberWhen are they scheduling out to?
premed20211
New Member
Was anyone else hopeful about hearing something post-interview today?
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
I was accepted OOS 11/1 and withdrew, hopefully my spot goes to one of y'all!
goodmorningworld
New Member
Hi there! Can you share your stats?I was accepted OOS 11/1 and withdrew, hopefully my spot goes to one of y'all!
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
My LizzyM score is in my signature (69). You can PM me if you want exact stats.Hi there! Can you share your stats?
D
deleted1111654
Does anyone know when the scholarship application is due?
II this morning! Completed 08/13, IS, LM 72
concerninghob
Full Member
Is there any way to see II on the portal or is it only by email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed20211
New Member
By email only I believeIs there any way to see II on the portal or is it only by email?
keeppushing99
Full Member
Received an A earlier tonight!! Interviewed 11/15
Several comments in this thread have been deleted by me due to bickering and personal attacks.
Treat your fellow applicants with respect
Treat your fellow applicants with respect
bernedoodle
Full Member
Interviewed 11/23. A later that day. Happy Thanksgiving!
purplemed33
Full Member
Do they send us information about the scholarship application after we get accepted? I just got the A on Wednesday but haven't heard about scholarship info yetDoes anyone know when the scholarship application is due?
D
deleted1111654
Yes! I received it about 1.5 ish weeks later after my A.Do they send us information about the scholarship application after we get accepted? I just got the A on Wednesday but haven't heard about scholarship info yet
mangosports
Full Member
Is there a admitted students chat/ group? Also is there a first or second look day?
goodmorningworld
New Member
Anyone receive an interview invite? I feel like it’s been quite
Does anyone know if any pre-II Rs have been issued?
goodmorningworld
New Member
Would anyone be willing to call the med school and get info on how the cycle is going?? The wait is getting stressful
They're obviously not willing if they made a post kindly wondering if anyone else would be willing to instead.. no need to be meanWould you?
concerninghob
Full Member
When you get an interview does your application status change on their website (The "Check your application status" tool)?
regulux
New Member
Nope, the application status stops updating once the application is complete.When you get an interview does your application status change on their website (The "Check your application status" tool)?
wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anything since interviewing over a month agoDoes anybody know when they are going to do the next round of acceptance or how long it takes for them to make decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten an II lately? It seems like it has been quite a while since anyone posted II and I am wondering if maybe they are done for the cycle? Or do they send them in batches?
I think they do it silently. I applied in the 2019-2020 cycle and got the R in late March. No communications from them since submitting in August. And it seems to be a repeat this time around.Does Jacobs send Rs asap, or do they do it silently?
insouciant12
Full Member
just got a R! so they definitely send them lolDoes Jacobs send Rs asap, or do they do it silently?