2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today, OOS, video. 500/3.90

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Do y'all think it's absolutely necessary to do the video? Idk if this helps but my overall GPA is 3.13, sGPA is 3.06, post-bacc GPA is 4.0, and my MCAT is a 505 (125/125/128/127).
I did the video so they could see my personality before rejecting me pre interview. It worked lol

Reactions: 1 user
My first II!!!!!! OOS. Did not do the video. 504 (122 on CARS, sad face) which is a retake of a <500
Supplemental Application submitted 06262021; first available interview date 11/11 with like 2 more available days on Nov and 3 days on Dec.

Anyone have any ideas they can throw at me for what to write for this essay? I'm not really getting what they mean lol

What draws you to the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine? If admitted, what do you see yourself becoming involved in?

Anyone have any ideas they can throw at me for what to write for this essay? I'm not really getting what they mean lol

What draws you to the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine? If admitted, what do you see yourself becoming involved in?
New Mexico, especially Las Cruces is hot and medically underserved. Very different from many other parts of the united states. What are you going to do to both adjust to the area and become involved in the community.

New Mexico, especially Las Cruces is hot and medically underserved. Very different from many other parts of the united states. What are you going to do to both adjust to the area and become involved in the community.
Awesome, thank you much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I am a third year at Burrell. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to respond (third year is busy but I like to help out as many aspiring med students as I can!).

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I am a third year at Burrell. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to respond (third year is busy but I like to help out as many aspiring med students as I can!).
Same! But still in preclinical years at BCOM! I gotchu guys too

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who did a video, what was your focus? I'm thinking I'm going to do one, and I was going to do like an introduction to myself- who I am, where I grew up, interests, etc...but is that what y'all all did? The prompt makes it seem pretty open-ended, like we can use the 2 minute to talk about whatever we want.

For those of you who did a video, what was your focus? I'm thinking I'm going to do one, and I was going to do like an introduction to myself- who I am, where I grew up, interests, etc...but is that what y'all all did? The prompt makes it seem pretty open-ended, like we can use the 2 minute to talk about whatever we want.
I tried to make mine exciting. I’m no expert but I think they would get bored watching hundreds of videos of people saying where they’re from etc. I did a day in the life at my job. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe pick an exciting life story or your hobbies? Something unique. I searched BCOM applicant on YouTube and found a lot. You can get an idea of what to do and what not to do from them lol just wish we could know which of them were accepted.

These are two articles I found really helpful. And I used the two minutes to highlight my top 3 most meaningful experiences since we didn't have the space to do that on AACOMAS.

Hope this helps.

I tried to make mine exciting. I’m no expert but I think they would get bored watching hundreds of videos of people saying where they’re from etc. I did a day in the life at my job. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe pick an exciting life story or your hobbies? Something unique. I searched BCOM applicant on YouTube and found a lot. You can get an idea of what to do and what not to do from them lol just wish we could know which of them were accepted.
Oh good ideas! These are way more cool than what I was planning on doing. Now I just have to figure out how to do voice overs and stitch multiple videos togethers lol thank you for the ideas!

These are two articles I found really helpful. And I used the two minutes to highlight my top 3 most meaningful experiences since we didn't have the space to do that on AACOMAS.

Hope this helps.
These are really helpful! Thank you!!!

Oh good ideas! These are way more cool than what I was planning on doing. Now I just have to figure out how to do voice overs and stitch multiple videos togethers lol thank you for the ideas!
iMovie was a lifesaver!! So easy to use.

Just received a rejection. Good luck to everyone else, though!

• Care
has anyone been accepted with an MCAT below 500?
Look up their minimum requirement. If you meet it then go for it. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. I have a 501 and got an interview so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Look up their minimum requirement. If you meet it then go for it. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. I have a 501 and got an interview so 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh I am lol Im jw so I can build little stats in my head lol

Anyone else get a “still under consideration” email? Not sure what this means.

Has anyone called and asked? Do you guys think we will get acceptances Monday?

Has anyone called and asked? Do you guys think we will get acceptances Monday?
Decisions come 2-3 weeks after the interview date, based on their post-interview email. I’m sure we’ll hear back next week (interviewed 9/9)

Last edited:
Weird question but has anyone contacted them to add on an interview video? I didn't do one initially.

Decisions come 2-3 weeks after the interview date, based on their post-interview email. I’m sure we’ll hear back next week (interviewed 9/9)
I know, just anxious lol! Sometimes people call admissions and they give a specific day. I also interviewed on 9/9 as well! I hope we find out Monday. I am also wondering if anyone has been rejected post interview yet.