2022-2023 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deposit due by March 9th? OOF

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
And for those waiting on post-interview decisions, I thought that my interview was the worst interview of my life. Don’t give up and see y’all in New Mexico :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
And for those waiting on post-interview decisions, I thought that my interview was the worst interview of my life. Don’t give up and see y’all in New Mexico :)
Agreed. I was sure I bombed the interview, I even think I made one of the interviewers upset with something I said, but I guess it turned out okay. I think I might withdraw my A from here, but I'm not positive. I never thought I would be in this situation where I would have more than one A to choose from, but I have to do a lot of research since I already paid a deposit for another school o_O

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. I was sure I bombed the interview, I even think I made one of the interviewers upset with something I said, but I guess it turned out okay. I think I might withdraw my A from here, but I'm not positive. I never thought I would be in this situation where I would have more than one A to choose from, but I have to do a lot of research since I already paid a deposit for another school o_O
whats ur other school? if u dont mind

Yea I just paid a different deposit a few weeks ago and I have an interview just a few days before this deposit is due at a school I'd prefer over BCOM (just due to proximity to family) AND I'm waitlisted at my top choice... bank account hurting lol

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Yea I just paid a different deposit a few weeks ago and I have an interview just a few days before this deposit is due at a school I'd prefer over BCOM (just due to proximity to family) AND I'm waitlisted at my top choice... bank account hurting lol
Overtime

Withdrew my application today. I hope that A goes to one of you soon!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, I'm a first year at BCOM. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate everyone who has been accepted! If you've been waitlisted, keep your chin up... I have a lot of friends in my class who were accepted off the waitlist even days before orientation began. Lmk if you have any questions I can help with! :)

Edit: feel free to PM me if you're more comfortable with that.

Last edited:
I got a WL. Interviewed 1/31. Kind of disappointed, but not so much given how bad the interview went with the two interviewers.

• Care
I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this, but my WL status says that I am eligible to join the Facebook group page. Does every waitlisted applicant get this personal invite to the page? It’s only at 209 members last time I checked. Does this mean I’m probably higher on the waitlist??

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this, but my WL status says that I am eligible to join the Facebook group page. Does every waitlisted applicant get this personal invite to the page? It’s only at 209 members last time I checked. Does this mean I’m probably higher on the waitlist??
usually wl don't get it so im surprised. i guess it depends if other people on here that are wl also got it

This is probably an extremely dumb question... but are you sure you're still on the WL? :rofl:

The description of the group on facebook says admitted and waitlist status applicants are allowed in the group.

That explains why it has 200 members then haha

• Haha
Everyone in my class who was accepted or placed on the WL received an invite to the FB page. Congrats! A bunch of students (mostly OMSI and II) are also on the FB page to offer advice if you have questions. :)

Does anyone know if we could transfer to the Melbourne campus once it’s complete ? Got accepted for this cycle 🙂

Does anyone know if we could transfer to the Melbourne campus once it’s complete ? Got accepted for this cycle 🙂
Fellow Florida resident? 👀 I asked my interviewers this and they made it sound like a no. But my understanding is that, if you’re a FL resident, you can avoid the rotation lottery and directly apply to go to Florida for 3rd and 4th year.

Fellow Florida resident? 👀 I asked my interviewers this and they made it sound like a no. But my understanding is that, if you’re a FL resident, you can avoid the rotation lottery and directly apply to go to Florida for 3rd and 4th year.
For 3rd and 4th year you can apply for Special Circumstances for any of the RAC locations. Unfortunately there isn't a clear definition of what is accepted and what is not accepted but you can submit information about how you will be close to family, maybe your personal physician or other reasons.

Yes! It would be ideal. I’m also debating between BCOM and LMU DCOM. Does anyone have any insight? I’ve heard so many mixed reviews.

Yes! It would be ideal. I’m also debating between BCOM and LMU DCOM. Does anyone have any insight? I’ve heard so many mixed reviews.
BCOM is accredited with heightened monitoring, DCOM is now accredited with exceptional outcome IIRC, would choose DCOM

Does anyone know why BCOM is accredited with heightened monitoring?

Does anyone know why BCOM is accredited with heightened monitoring?
Not sure. I looked into it and all I found was this on their website:

"Following a comprehensive site visit in January 2020, the College was found to be in compliance with 68 of 70 required accreditation elements and granted initial Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring. The College provided the COCA with a progress report in November 2020 and the COCA has determined that the College has demonstrated compliance with all 70 (100%) of the required accreditation elements. The College’s accreditation is subject to renewal in 2024"

Link: Accreditation and Licensure

Might get more info if you ask directly.

Not sure. I looked into it and all I found was this on their website:

"Following a comprehensive site visit in January 2020, the College was found to be in compliance with 68 of 70 required accreditation elements and granted initial Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring. The College provided the COCA with a progress report in November 2020 and the COCA has determined that the College has demonstrated compliance with all 70 (100%) of the required accreditation elements. The College’s accreditation is subject to renewal in 2024"

Link: Accreditation and Licensure

Might get more info if you ask directly.
As of January 2020, that was the official accreditation status will not be changed until 2024.
BCOM has had several COCA visits since then, most recently this past Fall semester. According to COCA, BCOM has made the necessary changes and if new accreditation statuses were to be posted today, BCOM would have full accreditation status.

Did anyone from the 02/10 interview hear anything?

Got the A at 3pm today, but was accepted to my #1 choice med school elsewhere. So, I will be withdrawing. Interview was 2/2. Stats in my signature. Blessings to you all!!!

Looks like the Facebook group is already at 219 😳
No Way Reaction GIF

• Haha
For those that wanted to know “why,” this is the gist of what I said:

1. I did not feel as though my goals as a physician were respected during my interview.
2. I was told that my mission would be better served at a different institution.
3. At the very end of my interview, I was told ‘[he hopes that I] get accepted to [my] #1 choice medical school,’ assuming that Burrell was not one of my top choices.

1. I did not feel as though my goals as a physician were respected during my interview.
2. I was told that my mission would be better served at a different institution.
3. At the very end of my interview, I was told ‘[he hopes that I] get accepted to [my] #1 choice medical school,’ assuming that Burrell was not one of my top choices.
sorry this school didn't give you its full attention, glad you found your place!

Sorry that was your experience and thank you for answering! I wish you success at your first choice!!

sorry this happened to you. i think its all about the interviewer and how they make the experience for you.
for me, it was the exact opposite, felt like they truly cared and connected with me.

I am glad at the end of the day, you got into your #1 and will be a doctor!! <3

I just interviewed last week, and I have to say it was an amazing interview! Really felt that even with some of the “mandatory” questions they were still trying to connect with me on a personal level. I’m kind of a mid stat applicant, so really hoping for that A

Just withdrew my A from here. Hoping one of you guys get it!

Was accepted!! 499 MCAT and 3.45 cGPA. Reapplicant, took the MCAT twice and did a DIY post bacc - don’t give up!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users