2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school do an alternate list? I got rejected but the last sentence was weird. “If there is an update to your status in the future you will be contacted via email.”

Members don't see this ad.

Does this school do an alternate list? I got rejected but the last sentence was weird. “If there is an update to your status in the future you will be contacted via email.”
Was this pre or post interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed October 1st know when we should expect to hear back?
I remember them stating that their decisions would be emailed out 2.5-3weeks following the interview. If this holds true, we should know by Friday!

I remember them stating that their decisions would be emailed out 2.5-3weeks following the interview. If this holds true, we should know by Friday!
Anybody else who interviewed the last week of September refreshing sdn and/or email repeatedly? Lol

Waitlisted post-interview last cycle and never got off. I just got an II right now for this cycle, complete 8/6. So hopefully, something works out this time around. I know everyone is anxious about hearing back, but stay positive and never give up!

I got my II as well! Completed Sept 14th.

• Care
For those who have interviewed already, when did you get an email with the time of your individual 30 minute email/the Zoom link?

Did anyone who applied in June get an II?
I submitted my secondary June 22nd and still haven’t heard back. 504 MCAT, 3.2 uGPA, 3.88 masters GPA. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed already, when did you get an email with the time of your individual 30 minute email/the Zoom link?
I received three separate emails (one of which was the individual interview link) 1 week before my interview!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of us that interviewed on 1 October, is today going to be the big day? Exactly 3 weeks (they said 2.5-3 weeks).. if so, good luck to all of you!

For those of us that interviewed on 1 October, is today going to be the big day? Exactly 3 weeks (they said 2.5-3 weeks).. if so, good luck to all of you!
Hope so, will be checking email all day.. Good Luck to everyone!!

Hi all, just wondering if anyone here (students, applicants, accepted, II's) has ever sent an update letter/letter of interest to BCOM? I've only been complete since 10/1 so I know it's still kinda early, but my R's from everywhere else are piling up. Any advice would be great!

I'm showing incredible restraint by only refreshing my email twice an hour...
shouts out to october 1st interviewees! We/you were a really cool bunch :)

Withdrew my Acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my Acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you! :)
Also withdrew my A. Looking at the Match List, this school seems great but not enough orthopedic surgery/anesthesiology matches to my satisfaction. ik match lists aren't everything but the $2000 fee was also messing with me

Reactions: 2 users
For those who have been accepted, how did you feel like your interviews went?

not well bc i wasn't awake enough to be able to listen closely to my interviewers' questions to make sure i was actually answering the question. they had to repeat the question on 2 occasions. embarrassing, but ig i learned a good lesson.

not well bc i wasn't awake enough to be able to listen closely to my interviewers' questions to make sure i was actually answering the question. they had to repeat the question on 2 occasions. embarrassing, but ig i learned a good lesson.
Thank you for your response. I have been overthinking my interview as well because I didn't feel like I did my best but hopefully there is still a chance.

Also withdrew my A. Looking at the Match List, this school seems great but not enough orthopedic surgery/anesthesiology matches to my satisfaction. ik match lists aren't everything but the $2000 fee was also messing with me
I’m sorry for asking everyone, but when did y’all interview? I’m wondering if they’ll release decisions for everyone from end of September to early October. It’s also been 3 weeks since the 10/7 interview date and I’m hoping to hear back today!

I’m sorry for asking everyone, but when did y’all interview? I’m wondering if they’ll release decisions for everyone from end of September to early October. It’s also been 3 weeks since the 10/7 interview date and I’m hoping to hear back today!
Interviewed 10/1, haven’t heard anything.

I interviewed 9/28. Have not heard anything as well. Anyone else?

Officially withdrew my acceptance here! Hope it goes to one of you lovely people.🥰 Blessings!

Mine felt very conversational and I didn't feel flustered or anything at the end! Post-interview I always keep the mindset of "what's done is done" and try not to dwell on it too much.

The people who interviewed me were very nice and were really just trying to get to know who I was as a person, both academically and non-academically. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them!!

• Care
10/21 interviewees, I wonder if we'll hear back this week :oops:

Accepted! Interviewed 10/1! Still in shock!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed 9/28, Accepted today! :D
The interview: very welcoming and conversational. I felt that the interviewers truly cared about me as a person and wanted to actually get to know me / listen to me.
505 mcat, URM, OOS!

Reactions: 3 users