2021-2022 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted on Tuesday off of the waitlist!!! I’m an IE resident and this was my first choice! Interviewed 1/28 & LM 69

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted on Tuesday off of the waitlist!!! I’m an IE resident and this was my first choice! Interviewed 1/28 & LM 69
Glad to see WL movement has started! This is also my first choice and im praying to get in but my LM is only 62. IE resident as well. I really need this.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist on Tuesday as well. Anyone knows when I should start looking for housing?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone had complete silence since 2/18? Can’t tell if it’s a good or bad thing

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone who interviewed in march heard back?? Does anyone know when these decisions will come out?

can they really start moving the WL without giving others a post II decision? guess ima just roll w assuming i got an R

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
are there any april interviews scheduled? have any march interviewees heard back yet? it’s so interesting that they’re pulling from the waitlist if they are still (?) interviewing people.

are there any april interviews scheduled? have any march interviewees heard back yet? it’s so interesting that they’re pulling from the waitlist if they are still (?) interviewing people.
yes, they interview through April! not sure about March interviewees hearing back.

they appear to be doing this differently this cycle. their website and previous SDN forums both suggest that waitlist movement doesn’t start until May. but for people to be pulled from the waitlist before they’re done interviewing or sending results out to even the March interviewees seems unusual. meanwhile there’s a ton of us who’ve not heard anything back at all …

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
I remember when I was scheduling for March that the last date for interviews was April 15th!

Just got the email that I was put on the waitlist. Still staying hopeful haha

• Care
Waitlisted from 3/4 interview about 10 min ago

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Fourth waitlist. No acceptances. Looks like I get to do this all again next year. I’m so sad.

• Care
hopefully we get alot of waitlist movement sooooon 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Reactions: 4 users
anyone had complete silence since 2/18? Can’t tell if it’s a good or bad thing
Unfortunately, silence after an II typically means silent rejection. I'm basing this off of previous years. I interviewed 1/7 lol so I'm on the same boat. Hopefully it's different this cycle!!

Hello! Is there anyone who got an A from the 3/4 interview day?? That's the day I interviewed, and I haven't gotten a decision yet. I hope this isn't a silent rejection. I've only seen waitlists reported on SDN from our interview batch so far!

Unfortunately, silence after an II typically means silent rejection. I'm basing this off of previous years. I interviewed 1/7 lol so I'm on the same boat. Hopefully it's different this cycle!!
Why don't they just reject us? I don't understand.

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students facebook group or something?

waitlisted today from interview date 4/1. Did anyone from this date get the A?

waitlisted today from interview date 4/1. Did anyone from this date get the A?
Wow, that was fast. I interviewed that day and they told us 4-6 weeks (at least 4).

Withdrew my A today as well. Hoping the best for you all on the WL/silence!

Reactions: 6 users
I'm surprised 4/1 people are hearing already... wondering if this means I'm done for as a 3/11 interviewee :(

I'm surprised 4/1 people are hearing already... wondering if this means I'm done for as a 3/11 interviewee :(
If it makes you feel any better, I heard back the same day as those who interviewed 3 weeks after me. seems like their admissions timeline has a few kinks in it

Also a 3/11 interviewee and also feeling worried. Has anyone from 3/11 heard back yet??
It's obviously not a good thing, but I wouldn't assume not hearing back yet from a prior interview is worse vs. being immediately waitlisted after a more recent interview. They're obviously looking at specific people within specific demographic / specific competitiveness categories, and making very specific decisions. Who knows what they are thinking, the whole process is just terrible

Meanwhile, echoes of silence after 2/18 interview…I’m afraid the R is imminent :/

• Care
For accepted students - have you guys been getting any correspondence from the school? I haven’t received any communication from admissions aside from setting up an account for financial aid

I also interviewed on 4/1 and got waitlisted rip. Did anyone that day get accepted?

• Care
If it makes you feel any better, I heard back the same day as those who interviewed 3 weeks after me. seems like their admissions timeline has a few kinks in it
1649812219619.gif

• Care
  • Haha
Anyone else get an email from them about an hour ago? It was about their masters in biomedical sciences program. I'm eagerly anticipating a waitlist update so this email made my heart skip a beat.