2021-2022 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get an email from them about an hour ago? It was about their masters in biomedical sciences program. I'm eagerly anticipating a waitlist update so this email made my heart skip a beat.
I did not, wl back in nov

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get an email from them about an hour ago? It was about their masters in biomedical sciences program. I'm eagerly anticipating a waitlist update so this email made my heart skip a beat.

i didn’t get one either …

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it means anything! They are just using their list host. I got the email too (found it in my spam btw) and I was accepted in Feb. Hoping for good news for you all

Reactions: 3 users
What's been the usual turnaround time for hearing back after your interview? (I just had mine on 4/15).

I found it in my spam just now! Also on the WL and the fact that the subject line was "Future Doctor" made me think it was good news 😅

According to last year's thread, should start seeing movement mid this week and into next Monday onward. Fingers crossed

Reactions: 1 users
any WL news?
Apparently some ppl have already been moved off the waitlist, but on their site it says WL movement begins may 15th. Really hoping to stay in SoCal lol hopefully we get lucky

Reactions: 3 users
Apparently some ppl have already been moved off the waitlist, but on their site it says WL movement begins may 15th. Really hoping to stay in SoCal lol hopefully we get lucky
how do you know that people have already been moved off?

Any updates from 4/1 interview group? I saw other ppl already were WL'ed, but not sure if there were any other decisions made for us

rt if you have been waitlisted since april 11 pls say something bc that's my official sign to give up and move on hahahha

Members don't see this ad :)
rt if you have been waitlisted since april 11 pls say something bc that's my official sign to give up and move on hahahha
If you are on waitlist this late in the cycle with no other A, you should take it as rejection and get ready to reapply

Any updates from 4/1 interview group? I saw other ppl already were WL'ed, but not sure if there were any other decisions made for us
Silence for me

If you are on waitlist this late in the cycle with no other A, you should take it as rejection and get ready to reapply
this is kinda rude like yea we should get ready to reapply but if you’re on a WL when movement has barely started u shouldn’t give up hope of getting off. especially a school with so much WL movement

Reactions: 2 users
i have another A thanks for your concern :rolleyes: just haven't seen anyone hear back from my interview date & wondering if they are still getting to us or if I can start looking for housing at my other school. 3/11 interview & saw 4/1 people hear back but not anyone since

Reactions: 5 users
this is kinda rude like yea we should get ready to reapply but if you’re on a WL when movement has barely started u shouldn’t give up hope of getting off. especially a school with so much WL movement
Agreed
Look at last year's thread, there are PLENTY of people getting off the waitlist later in the cycle than April 26th. Myself and another guy have been lucky enough to get off the waitlist this cycle already, but I'm pretty sure it was just the two of us. There is a lot more WL movement to come and hope for everyone!

Also, CTE deadline hasn't even hit yet. Many people are still holding multiple acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed

Look at last year's thread, there are PLENTY of people getting off the waitlist later in the cycle than April 26th. Myself and another guy have been lucky enough to get off the waitlist this cycle already, but I'm pretty sure it was just the two of us. There is a lot more WL movement to come and hope for everyone!

Also, CTE deadline hasn't even hit yet. Many people are still holding multiple acceptances.
when did you interview for CUSM?

i have another A thanks for your concern :rolleyes: just haven't seen anyone hear back from my interview date & wondering if they are still getting to us or if I can start looking for housing at my other school. 3/11 interview & saw 4/1 people hear back but not anyone since
TALK YO SH1T GURL (OR GUY)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I was interviewed 3/11 and was waitlisted 4/6.

Interviewed 10/21 and was accepted off the waitlist an hour ago! :) Good luck to those still waiting

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

is CTE june 1? i was looking through my email and saw a date that said May 10 but i feel like that must've been a poorly updated document. still had a CalMed URL link

Interviewed on 4/1, waitlisted on 4/11, and accepted on 4/27. Woohoo!

Does anyone know the deal with accreditation? CUSM has provisional BPPE and LCME accreditation, but they might get full accreditation by May 17th, however, their CTE deadline is May 10th?! Edit: apparently CTE is June 1st

Nevermind lol

Last edited:

Does anyone know the deal with accreditation? CUSM has provisional BPPE and LCME accreditation, but they might get full accreditation by May 17th, however, their CTE deadline is May 10th?! WTF

Are they going to be accredited? I don't want to withdraw my waitlist from another top choice IS school on May 10th, if they have issues with accreditation on the 17th

Why would they make the CTE deadline May 10th? I tried calling the school and they didn't have a lot of info...

One of my supervisors is on the CUSM adcom, from our conversations admin has been busy with the accreditation process and full accreditation shouldn’t be an issue to obtain according to them. Still, I agree completely, the timing is shady and who knows if there’s anything they’ve kept under wraps that might keep them from full accreditation.

Does anyone know the deal with accreditation? CUSM has provisional BPPE and LCME accreditation, but they might get full accreditation by May 17th, however, their CTE deadline is May 10th?! WTF

Are they going to be accredited? I don't want to withdraw my waitlist from another top choice IS school on May 10th, if they have issues with accreditation on the 17th

Why would they make the CTE deadline May 10th? I tried calling the school and they didn't have a lot of info...
Are you sure their CTE is May 10? Everywhere online it says June 1. Like 3 seperate pages. So that's what I'm going with :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Are you sure their CTE is May 10? Everywhere online it says June 1. Like 3 seperate pages. So that's what I'm going with :/
wtf they attached a PDF document to the acceptance email saying that CTE is May 10th. I will ask admissions ASAP and get back to everyone, but it does seem like June 1st from their site. Thank you!

One of my supervisors is on the CUSM adcom, from our conversations admin has been busy with the accreditation process and full accreditation shouldn’t be an issue to obtain according to them. Still, I agree completely, the timing is shady and who knows if there’s anything they’ve kept under wraps that might keep them from full accreditation.
Seems like an error on their part regarding the CTE deadline. If it's June 1st, then it doesn't seem shady anymore. We'll see on May 17th I suppose then

wtf they attached a PDF document to the acceptance email saying that CTE is May 10th. I will ask admissions ASAP and get back to everyone, but it does seem like June 1st from their site. Thank you!
I saw that too! But then I saw they also used an old CalMed url link... (instead of CUSM) meaning they didn't rly update the document well? Yes, please let us know thank you so much!

Seems like an error on their part regarding the CTE deadline. If it's June 1st, then it doesn't seem shady anymore. We'll see on May 17th I suppose then

Yeah, I re-read the materials emailed and they say June 1st for the CTE deadline with a May 15th deadline to at least PTE

The scholarship application notes June 1st as the deadline. Hopefully you hear back from admissions soon!

Hey guys, I was also accepted off the waitlist and am confused about PTE/CTE.

I called admissions and they told me that they'll get back to us with the exact date for CTE - I believe by resending an email. They're aware of the different dates on the letter and website. The dean isn't in today, so it might be a couple of days. We can also call or email to follow up.

has anyone from the 4/15 interview date heard back yet? Interesting that they hit the waitlist before all post II decisions came out.

has anyone from the 4/15 interview date heard back yet? Interesting that they hit the waitlist before all post II decisions came out.
Interviewed 4/1 but still have not heard back yet. +1 on the WL movement before post II decisions

just to follow up on the CTE deadline for those who are not yet accepted or didn't yet see - they sent out an email and confirmed the PTE is May 2 and CTE is June 1

just to follow up on the CTE deadline for those who are not yet accepted or didn't yet see - they sent out an email and confirmed the PTE is May 2 and CTE is June 1
Yes! Also though, I think the 14-day deadline to sign the enrollment agreement is separate from the PTE/CTE. So I guess accepted applicants still need to decide within 14 days to sign, which is basically committing to enroll?

Yes! Also though, I think the 14-day deadline to sign the enrollment agreement is separate from the PTE/CTE. So I guess accepted applicants still need to decide within 14 days to sign, which is basically committing to enroll?
I feel like signing the CUSM 14 day docusign isn't the same as CTE'ing? More so accepting the acceptance, since you can still do that and PTE until June 1st

Any current students who can advise on the accreditation issue? I am close to not committing due to this...

Any current students who can advise on the accreditation issue? I am close to not committing due to this...
When I interviewed they said it isn't going to be an issue, they promised we don't need to worry

Accreditation is like a big thing that students look at, but when you're a beggar like me, you tend to not care as much