2021-2022 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone who is apart of the accepted students Facebook group comment on how many members are in the group? I know there were about 80 members back in mid February but I’m curious to see how many more acceptances have been offered.
I'm admitted and in an email from the student admissions liaison on 4/4 they stated a little over 140 acceptance offers had been made at that time. There's currently 121 people in the FB group.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm admitted and in an email from the student admissions liaison on 4/4 they stated a little over 140 acceptance offers had been made at that time. There's currently 121 people in the FB group.
Thank you! And from what I remember during the interview, don’t they interview about 500 and accept about 200-250? I remember thinking the odds were about 50/50 once you had an interview that you would get in… so maybe there’s about 100ish spots up for grabs still?

Reactions: 1 user
This is actually kinda scary. so worst-case scenario there are only 30 spots left in the class...maybe less

Members don't see this ad :)
This is actually kinda scary. so worst-case scenario there are only 30 spots left in the class...maybe less
I think slightly less because just an offer doesn’t mean that they accepted it & the spot is filled. Hard to know!

The AAMC requires medical schools to give as many admissions offers as there are seats available by March 15. But, like has been said there are likely several people who didn’t accept the offer or have since withdrawn their acceptance who were also accepted to a different school which was their top choice.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS, interviewed 1/28 and Accepted 4/15 Friday at 6 pm via Email and portal update simultaneously! Never placed on hold! 11 long weeks! There is hope! Don't give up on your dreams! Good luck everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
798DBCD5-BD4E-4290-9588-44C53848FD65.jpeg

Happy Monday!😂❤️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!! IS, interview week of 10/25/22, hold on 3/4/22. I have just been sobbing uncontrollably for like 30 minutes I am over the moon right now. This school has been my dream for years and it's actually happening.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Accepted just now !!! Interviewed mid sept, hold mid October. IS. Still in shock lol

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Just got the acceptance email as well! Interviewed 10/14, on hold 12/28. I'm so excited, almost lost for words!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone seen the start date for classes??
I’ve seen 9/26, but I’m not seeing it in any super apparent fashion on their website so I’m not wanting to hang my hat on that 🤠
Orientation is second week in August I believe…

Anyone seen the start date for classes??
I’ve seen 9/26, but I’m not seeing it in any super apparent fashion on their website so I’m not wanting to hang my hat on that 🤠
Orientation is second week in August I believe…
I believe we have Orientation August 8th-12th and classes start the following Monday.

Accepted today at noon! Interviewed 11/9 held 04/01. Just got out of work and imma go get fked up :D
Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

• Love
Congratulations on everyone that has been accepted! I am still rooting for the rest of us!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed early November, was placed on hold mid November, accepted early January as an OOS applicant. Withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Hopefully the WL movement (or hold movement lol) continues for those of you waiting!!!!

For those of you accepted this last Monday would you mind sharing LM scores? Also, do any of you happen to be reapplicants?

Accepted on 4/15 on the portal! LM 66 and OOS reapplicant. This thread was such a good resource while I was applying, I’m really rooting for everyone here that hasn’t heard back!

• Love
Does anybody know if all initial acceptances will be made up until April 30th or if on April 30th the most acceptances will be sent out? I am trying to figure out what chance I still have of receiving an acceptance on April 30th. I still haven't heard back since I was put on Hold in March.

Does anybody know if all initial acceptances will be made up until April 30th or if on April 30th the most acceptances will be sent out? I am trying to figure out what chance I still have of receiving an acceptance on April 30th. I still haven't heard back since I was put on Hold in March.
By April 30, they will either accept, reject or give you a number on the wait list. I think most people are on hold right now. All the initial acceptances will be out then but as people accept other schools, there will be movement on the waitlist.

By April 30, they will either accept, reject or give you a number on the wait list. I think most people are on hold right now. All the initial acceptances will be out then but as people accept other schools, there will be movement on the waitlist.
Thank you for your response ByGrace11! Do you think if we are still on hold, we still have a chance of getting accepted? In other words, now that April 30th is fast approaching, are there still many initial acceptances that OHSU is going to give out up until April 30th?

Finally placed on hold today after 4 months. My absolute best to everyone - this is such a long process, but we will make it through one way or another. See you all on April 30th :) stay happy and healthy my friends

Reactions: 3 users
Placed on hold after 11 weeks, just one more week of waiting y'all

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted on Wednesday, mid-February interview. First time applicant IS, LM 70. Good luck everyone, I'm hoping to call y'all my future classmates soon!

Reactions: 7 users
OHSU is known for holding onto acceptances until the 30th! I believe only half of the acceptances they usually give have been sent out so far so they is still a very good shot!
Oh man ByGrace11!! Thank you so much for your encouragement! I needed it! :)

Could any current students give a general outline of what a typical week looks like during the pre clinical years?

Apologies if this has been asked already!

Could any current students give a general outline of what a typical week looks like during the pre clinical years?

Apologies if this has been asked already!
The basic structure looks something like this:

Monday: Lecture 8-12, Clinical skills lab 1-4
Tuesday: Lecture or Anatomy 8-12, Lecture 1-4
Wednesday: Lecture or Anatomy 8-12, Afternoon often free
Thursday: Usually some lectures on this day...this gradually gets lighter as the year goes on.
Friday: 8-10ish (start time also changes) Exam(s), a few lectures after (which most people seem to watch on Sunday instead)

Every week is a little different and every block is a little different, so this is just an outline. In some blocks, there is no anatomy and CSL is on Tuesday instead. But that should give you a general idea of what to expect. CSL and anatomy are mandatory. Lectures are not (and are recorded).

Make sense?

The basic structure looks something like this:

Monday: Lecture 8-12, Clinical skills lab 1-4
Tuesday: Lecture or Anatomy 8-12, Lecture 1-4
Wednesday: Lecture or Anatomy 8-12, Afternoon often free
Thursday: Usually some lectures on this day...this gradually gets lighter as the year goes on.
Friday: 8-10ish (start time also changes) Exam(s), a few lectures after (which most people seem to watch on Sunday instead)

Every week is a little different and every block is a little different, so this is just an outline. In some blocks, there is no anatomy and CSL is on Tuesday instead. But that should give you a general idea of what to expect. CSL and anatomy are mandatory. Lectures are not (and are recorded).

Make sense?
Yes it does. Thank you so much!

• Love
Yes it does. Thank you so much!
The weeks are pretty busy but weekly Friday exams are the best because it frees up your weekend for relaxation and fun stuff. I almost never did much work over the weekend. Two or three hours in Sunday evenings, at a maximum.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone else remember how many students on average they pull off the waitlist? During orientation, I wrote down 23 (think this may have been last year's number?) but I'm just curious if anyone remembers hearing the same thing. Obviously it differs year to year but I am just curious about a rough estimate.

Does anyone else remember how many students on average they pull off the waitlist? During orientation, I wrote down 23 (think this may have been last year's number?) but I'm just curious if anyone remembers hearing the same thing. Obviously it differs year to year but I am just curious about a rough estimate.
I wrote down 20-25!

Accepted today just minutes ago!!!! So excited!!!!!!! no hold, interviewed 10/12, MMI 10/14, long wait but it's over now!!!!! I'm going to be a doctor! Thank God!!! Thank you to everyone on this forum, it has been a huge help and surprisingly comforting.

Reactions: 11 users
anyone else super anxious and continuously checking email and portal lol

anyone else super anxious and continuously checking email and portal lol
I basically blackout every time I come on here and see that more acceptances have gone out but I'm still on hold. Can't help but feel like the vast majority of offers have been made at this point. But let's hope there are still seats left🤞

• Care
I refresh this page and the portal every 5 min around noon to see if anymore people got in today 🥲
I wonder why they trickle decisions out the last week, i guess they must have a final day this Thursday to discuss more people (the day before final decisions?) if not everyone should have a score already. Pull that plug boys, I'm ready to be hurt again:cool:

Last edited:
Does anyone know the cost of attendance at OHSU? They list the tuition and fees on their website but not the amount for living expenses etc
How much do students live on assuming they take loans up to the COA?

I know there was a document on the admission portal that listed it but they removed it for some reason
We were told at first look that the living allowance for the past academic year was $2,450 per month. You can get potential increases to budget for certain items, like childcare costs, one time computer purchase, etc.

Maybe they need to finally determine how many acceptances to give out and how many to put on the waitlist? They probably adjust as people accept or decline sports
Who knows.
My stomach is in knots trying to wait for this and preparing for a new cycle just in case
Yea my (hopeful) bet was that they would lower the accept threshold one more time this week now that everyone has been discussed - so there will be one more wave of acceptances. We shall see soon though. Fingers crossed!

I believe we have Orientation August 8th-12th and classes start the following Monday.
Where are you seeing this? Everything I see online says 9/26, but I’m still not confident I’m seeing it correctly 😂

Where are you seeing this? Everything I see online says 9/26, but I’m still not confident I’m seeing it correctly 😂
Past academic calendars have been posted in the FB group, plus CoA includes tuition and living allowance for Summer 2022