2021-2022 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone comment on the grading, is it really that more stressful because the classes are not p/f.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone comment on the grading, is it really that more stressful because the classes are not p/f.
I personally don't find class more stressful because of the grading, but I've never attended a P/F med school. I have nothing with which to compare my experience.
I'm confused. Why is CHSU celebrating the match day for visiting students? Is there some special program I'm not aware of?
When you apply for residency, your clinical grades, board scores, LORs, and extracurriculars are the most important factors. I'm not saying your preclinical grades are insignificant, but they are the least impactful part of your residency application.

This means the students that matched this year spent all two clinical years in the CHSU clinical rotation program. Therefore, the CHSU rotation system is responsible for two of the four most important app factors (clinical grades and probably LORs from those clinical rotations).

You could argue last year's match had nothing to do with CHSU's program, since those matched residents spent their first clinical year at their original school and submitted their residency apps the fall of their fourth year. However, this year's matched residents spent both years at CHSU, so CHSU deserves the credit for both clinical years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Don't lose hope yet! Many students are on waitlist for other schools so not everyone in fb group will matriculate at CHSU. Don't get me wrong. CHSU is a great school and I am super excited to attend but lack of federal loan (they are saying they should be eligible for federal loan next year), letter grading, and virtual anatomy are effy to me.
If you agree to attend this school, they will help you secure a private loan. You still will be able to defer your loans if you need to and you still are eligible to get these forgiven/paid off if you work with underserved patients. Money is important but it should not hold you back from becoming a doctor. Virtual anatomy is becoming the standard. The newer medical schools are implementing it and this basically comes from Case Western. They seem to be a solid school. I think one of the residents this year matched into surgery and a second to diagnostic radiology. This is pretty good since the school is relatively new.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you agree to attend this school, they will help you secure a private loan. You still will be able to defer your loans if you need to and you still are eligible to get these forgiven/paid off if you work with underserved patients. Money is important but it should not hold you back from becoming a doctor. Virtual anatomy is becoming the standard. The newer medical schools are implementing it and this basically comes from Case Western. They seem to be a solid school. I think one of the residents this year matched into surgery and a second to diagnostic radiology. This is pretty good since the school is relatively new.
Praying for that waitlist movement and receiving that A letter...it would be a dream come true to stay in Cali and be close to fam here for the next 4 years.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Where can I get information on housing? I’m hoping to get a place as close to the school as possible, by July.

Current OMS-1 here, glad to answer any questions y'all have :)
Hi. I wonder if you could help me find out who to ask regarding housing referrals/references. I’d like to secure a place by June and hopefully as close as possible to CHSU. Mind if I ask if you live near CHSU?… I have zero experience getting apartments because I’ve only lived in my dorm for four years. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. I wonder if you could help me find out who to ask regarding housing referrals/references. I’d like to secure a place by June and hopefully as close as possible to CHSU. Mind if I ask if you live near CHSU?… I have zero experience getting apartments because I’ve only lived in my dorm for four years. Thanks.
hi! Go ahead and DM me!

Does anyone know how long they are planning to interview for?

Reactions: 3 users
WL a few min ago! Interviewed 4/11 :(:(:(:(:shifty::shifty:

Last edited:
  • Care
Could anyone update us on how many people are currently on the facebook page for accepted students? @RZRZ

Members don't see this ad :)
Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Anyone heard back yet for those who interviewed this Monday?

Me waiting for WL movement

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! I was accepted to this school recently and was wondering if any current students would be able to answer some questions over DM? Thanks!

Would accepted students be willing to share their stats. Im on their waitlist and I just want to compare stats to see where I stand in the grand scheme of things. I have a 3.7 cGPA, 3.63 sGPA, and 504 MCAT.

Would accepted students be willing to share their stats. Im on their waitlist and I just want to compare stats to see where I stand in the grand scheme of things. I have a 3.7 cGPA, 3.63 sGPA, and 504 MCAT.
I feel like they are pretty heavy on whether you are from central cali. Your stats are amazing tho!

Congrats!!!!

Jw, do you have ties to central Cali?
Thank you! I wouldn’t say strong ties to Central Valley in particular, but I am a Californian resident.

Interviewed with them a few months ago and got waitlisted

Anyone know if their waitlist is ranked, or just down the list so-to-speak?

:mad:

join the clueless bandwagon lmao

I am also on the WL since 2/14, and apparently the first WL movement began last Monday according to the post here. There seems to be no way of knowing how they are prioritizing peeps on the WL movement because the person that got off on Monday interviewed in April.

I am also on the WL since 2/14, and apparently the first WL movement began last Monday according to the post here. There seems to be no way of knowing how they are prioritizing peeps on the WL movement because the person that got off on Monday interviewed in April.
I'm not from Central Cali, actually from the Midwest. Sent a LOI a while back since this school is my first choice. Looks like I'm left on read *smh*. Here's to hoping for more WL movement.

I'm not from Central Cali, actually from the Midwest. Sent a LOI a while back since this school is my first choice. Looks like I'm left on read *smh*. Here's to hoping for more WL movement.
Same, I sent a LOI in March, and I haven't had any response either. I am from CALI, not from central cali.

Hopefully WL movement picks up around mid May. :)

How would I withdraw my acceptance? I sent an e-mail last week but no response. I then called the number on the last page of the enrollment agreement but they're not picking up either.

Just got an interview today! Has anyone interviewed and willing to give feedback? Would love some advice!

Just got an interview today! Has anyone interviewed and willing to give feedback? Would love some advice!
Practice those 4 Qs on the FAQ page. They will only ask you those and ask whether you want to add anything to the responses at the end. Def practice answering those Qs with someone or record yourself on Zoom to assess for eye contact and body language if you have had no practice.

Other than that, I don't have any advice. It's pretty chill, so you are gonna be fine.

How would I withdraw my acceptance? I sent an e-mail last week but no response. I then called the number on the last page of the enrollment agreement but they're not picking up either.
On the application portal website, there is an option to withdraw your application.

Also, how long does it take to receive your seat deposit back after withdrawing your application?

Nevermind, got my questions answered. Officially withdrew my acceptance. Goodluck to those of you on the WL!

• Love
WL movement at this school got me like:

Happy Kermit The Frog GIF

Also withdrew my acceptance earlier today via email. Hopefully one of you on the waitlist gets the spot soon!

• Love
May I ask what the reason was for withdrawing your acceptance (to those who did)?

I haven't even interviewed yet. lol. The end of May is my interview. lol.
Damn they are really interviewing that far out, they are gonna take forever on starting WL movement. :(

• Haha
Has anyone had any waitlist movement?

• Haha