2021-2022 Charles R. Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received OOS :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How do we find Drew on AMCAS? Is it just UCLA?

Still waiting for secondary, was verified June 20

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS, low stats, verified 7/7, secondary received

IS, low stats, verified 06/12, Secondary received 07/19.

Last edited:
Ummm I just received an interview invite??? I dont have high stats at all so I feel like it's gotta be a glitch
Well I'm jealous because I got a "thank you for your interest, your application is received" type email even though i got one of those weeks ago.

Ummm I just received an interview invite??? I dont have high stats at all so I feel like it's gotta be a glitch
Congrats! Drew is holistic, so you don’t need high stats. Question, do you have your LORs in? I am trying to see if I need my committee letter in to be reviewed

Congrats! Drew is holistic, so you don’t need high stats. Question, do you have your LORs in? I am trying to see if I need my committee letter in to be reviewed
Yes, I had all my LORs before apps were transmitted to schools

Anyone still waiting for a secondary?

Reactions: 5 users
How long does the screening take? Curious what the average wait time is?

How long does the screening take? Curious what the average wait time is?
It varies, last year I got one within a week but some people had to wait for a or so month. (I'm currently waiting)

Hey, anyone know how to access the secondary portal? I got the email saying I have an invite, but no link anywhere.

Anyone not get a secondary yet?
I’m prolly going to wait a week and then call and email. I’ll post their response. If anyone decides to before me, pls post what they say.

How long did you guys wait to receive your complete email after submitting the secondary?

Interview Invite received today! Submitted Secondary essays on 07/24.

IS, URM, 512 MCAT, 3.3 cGPA, 3.9 post bacc sGPA,

Reactions: 4 users
Do they send complete emails? I submitted my secondary 8/3 and see a charge for "UCLA Drew Urgent Care" on my credit card statement but never got a confirmation of my secondary, a receipt email, or a complete email.

Do they send complete emails? I submitted my secondary 8/3 and see a charge for "UCLA Drew Urgent Care" on my credit card statement but never got a confirmation of my secondary, a receipt email, or a complete email.
They do, but it isn’t instantaneous. For example, I submitted my secondary before my LORs were in, and about every week, they sent an email saying they received my secondary but not my letters. Sometime this week, I should be receiving a fully complete email

They do, but it isn’t instantaneous. For example, I submitted my secondary before my LORs were in, and about every week, they sent an email saying they received my secondary but not my letters. Sometime this week, I should be receiving a fully complete email
I never even got an email that they recieved by secondary (or payment!) and my LORS/mcat/everything have been in since my primary were submitted.

I’m really worried the transaction didnt register on their end some how and my app is somehow “lost” mainly because I have zero reciept other than an “urgent care” charge. I wonder if if would be bad to call the school and at least ask for a receipt.

Has anyone without a secondary yet (or who had to wait a long time for it) reached out to admissions? If so, what did they say?

Has anyone without a secondary yet (or who had to wait a long time for it) reached out to admissions? If so, what did they say?
they said that they are still reviewing apps and that not everyone gets a secondary

Reactions: 2 users
I never even got an email that they recieved by secondary (or payment!) and my LORS/mcat/everything have been in since my primary were submitted.

I’m really worried the transaction didnt register on their end some how and my app is somehow “lost” mainly because I have zero reciept other than an “urgent care” charge. I wonder if if would be bad to call the school and at least ask for a receipt.
I didn't get a "secondary received" email until a week after I submitted

I didn't get a "secondary received" email until a week after I submitted
Thanks for the info! I reached out to someone from their office of finance, and at the very least, my payment was received. Not having a receipt is something I’d be worried about even when ordering clothes online lol.

II received today! I may or may not have screamed at work when I saw the email. OOS, LM: 67, URM, complete 8/09

Last edited:
still haven't received a secondary, feeling a little worried :/

SAME! Maybe we are screened out?
I called them yesterday and they said they are still reviewing primaries, but they told me I can call back and check once it's near the secondary deadline. But at that point it would be too late :(

I called them yesterday and they said they are still reviewing primaries, but they told me I can call back and check once it's near the secondary deadline. But at that point it would be too late :(
What number did you call? I have been trying to reach them to see if they received my committee letter, but I can’t find a number.

What are the typical stats for Drew applicants ? Would someone be willing to share that information?

Anyone still not receive an email after submitting the secondary confirming that your app is complete/under review? I submitted my secondary on 8/15 and did not get any email yet

Anyone still not receive an email after submitting the secondary confirming that your app is complete/under review? I submitted my secondary on 8/15 and did not get any email yet
I did receive an email for my individual letter and secondary, but I didn’t receive a complete email when the rest of my letters came in. I actually had success emailing the Med admissions address to confirm that my app was complete.

I did receive an email for my individual letter and secondary, but I didn’t receive a complete email when the rest of my letters came in. I actually had success emailing the Med admissions address to confirm that my app was complete.
Thanks for this info! I'll send them an email as well. I submitted my letters and the secondary app at the same time, but I didn't receive emails about either being received. I have the fee waiver, so I hope it's not because of the application fee. It looks like last cycle, people emailed the school their fee waiver and got complete emails after. But I wasn't sure to do it this cycle.