-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Charles R. Drew
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
heck yea! Congrats! When are the interviews?I meant to post this a while ago but II on 09/09, complete 08/25, low stats (Lizzy M 60 Wedgedawg 63), IS, URM
Thank you! I had three options for October, November and December.heck yea! Congrats! When are the interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They offering in-person interviews or is it only virtual?Thank you! I had three options for October, November and December.
Only virtualThey offering in-person interviews or is it only virtual?
Is getting secondary from this school equivalent to getting an interview invite? I sent my verified amcas primary 2 weeks ago and I got my secondary last Friday. Some applicants applied earlier than me and haven't got secondary yet.
its a good thing if you get a secondary. they don't send them to just everyoneIs getting secondary from this school equivalent to getting an interview invite? I sent my verified amcas primary 2 weeks ago and I got my secondary last Friday. Some applicants applied earlier than me and haven't got secondary yet.
No. Its a very good sign though, because it means they are interested in reading your story, But the secondary is where they find out if youre worth interviewing or not.Is getting secondary from this school equivalent to getting an interview invite? I sent my verified amcas primary 2 weeks ago and I got my secondary last Friday. Some applicants applied earlier than me and haven't got secondary yet.
D
deleted853360
Does anyone know when they stop sending secondaries?
The email they when you send the primary says " Supplemental application invitations will be sent through early November.". Which makes sense because when they send you a Secondary, the email says " The submission deadline is thirty (30) days after receipt of this message or November 19th (whichever date is first)."Does anyone know when they stop sending secondaries?
So if you assume they give you 7-14 days to complete a secondary, then they probably send out the last secondaries between November 5th- 12th. At least thats what my logic tells me? Any one else wanna chime in? I cant speak objectively but it makes sense to me lol
This makes sense because they stop interviewing in December.The email they when you send the primary says " Supplemental application invitations will be sent through early November.". Which makes sense because when they send you a Secondary, the email says " The submission deadline is thirty (30) days after receipt of this message or November 19th (whichever date is first)."
So if you assume they give you 7-14 days to complete a secondary, then they probably send out the last secondaries between November 5th- 12th. At least thats what my logic tells me? Any one else wanna chime in? I cant speak objectively but it makes sense to me lol
Does anyone know if the Adcom offered acceptance for candidates with a sub 500 MCAT score?
No one will ever know because their data is not on MSARDoes anyone know if the Adcom offered acceptance for candidates with a sub 500 MCAT score?
yea i don't understand why its notNo one will ever know because their data is not on MSAR
I heard they screen out a lot before sending out secondary so if someone got sub 500 and got secondary, there is a chance of matriculation. They wouldn't waste their time and the applicants time if they don't think they will be accepted. I believe this school is holistic and mission driven.No one will ever know because their data is not on MSAR
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you complete your secondary?I hope so! I would love an II from here.
Yes. They objectively do screen before sending secondaries. HeavilyI heard they screen out a lot before sending out secondary so if someone got sub 500 and got secondary, there is a chance of matriculation. They wouldn't waste their time and the applicants time if they don't think they will be accepted. I believe this school is holistic and mission driven.
proteinfolder
Full Member
I heard they screen out a lot before sending out secondary so if someone got sub 500 and got secondary, there is a chance of matriculation. They wouldn't waste their time and the applicants time if they don't think they will be accepted. I believe this school is holistic and mission driven.
It is well-known they are holistic and mission driven. Check out UCLA’s 10th percentile on MSAR to see what that range may be.
lmao idk about the 10th percentile But yes. the UCLA data includes CDU.It is well-known they are holistic and mission driven. Check out UCLA’s 10th percentile on MSAR to see what that range may be.
I had two people from my UG go there and they have 514 and 516 MCAT scores
proteinfolder
Full Member
lmao idk about the 10th percentile But yes. the UCLA data includes CDU.
I had two people from my UG go there and they have 514 and 516 MCAT scores
Definitely! I know the commenter was asking for sub-500 II’s or even matriculation, so the 10th percentile would probably be their best bet to figure out if that is the case 🙂
10th percentile is 509 for UCLA.It is well-known they are holistic and mission driven. Check out UCLA’s 10th percentile on MSAR to see what that range may be.
ooooooh lol. My bad, ya youre 150% right. 🤓Definitely! I know the commenter was asking for sub-500 II’s or even matriculation, so the 10th percentile would probably be their best bet to figure out if that is the case 🙂
You're gonna make it brah, we're all gonna make it.I dont think I'm in the 10th percentile range for ANY school I applied to outside of Meharry, MSM, and HU LOL.
Secondary received 9/13. Complete 9/18When did you complete your secondary?
i was trying to message you but i think you have that limited. Anyway, i'm in the same boat as you with a low mcat.Secondary received 9/13. Complete 9/18
I think that if you fit the mission then you have a shot!Secondary received 9/13. Complete 9/18
This may sound neurotic but I sent the confidentiality agreement via email by the deadline but realized today that the email never sent cause of terrible wifi. Would they be forgiving of this if I still sent it in before my interview?
Call them. The school is so small that you pretty much have Faculty, and their assistants AKA “enrollment specialists”.
They will be able to give you a definite answer because they can just get up and go ask lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you, I'll definitely try to call to be sure.Call them. The school is so small that you pretty much have Faculty, and their assistants AKA “enrollment specialists”.
They will be able to give you a definite answer because they can just get up and go ask lol.
I dont know if they're publicized anywhere... I've heard people affiliated with the school say that ucla requests stats from all the programs to be lumped together
From what I remember, the diploma will have the seals of both schools on it
Hi! Drewin MS4 with some free time here, the above ^^^ are correct 🙂 please let me know if you have any questions.
congrats! two of my friends from college went to Drew!Hi! Drewin MS4 with some free time here, the above ^^^ are correct 🙂 please let me know if you have any questions.
At what point/year does your curriculum split from the UCLA students? if at all
Last edited:
Thank you so much! Do you mind discussing more about the holistic review process?Hi! Drewin MS4 with some free time here, the above ^^^ are correct 🙂 please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much! I was wondering if you knew if IS or students with strong ties to LA are preferred? I'm a Canadian applicant (primary completed mid July) who hasn't received a secondary yet. I absolutely love this program and was just wondering about their process!Hi! Drewin MS4 with some free time here, the above ^^^ are correct 🙂 please let me know if you have any questions.
My primary was verified jn September and got secondary after a week or so.Got my primary verification email on 07/22 but still haven't received a secondary 🙁 Has anyone who got verified after this date received a secondary?
My primary was verified jn September and got secondary after a week or so.
Yea it took me ~3-4 weeks to receive my secondary. But two of my friends applied and got theirs within 3 days, and the other got it the next day lol
krazykluckin321
Full Member
Secondary received 9/13. Complete 9/18
did you ever get a complete email or was it just the "supplemental application received, we will now review" email?
Did you get an email or a phone call?II! complete 8/20, International/OOS
My friend got an email last cycle. and scheduled it Through the aamc portalDid you get an email or a phone call?
Just got a secondary, for those wondering if they’re still sending out invites.
Hell yes. Congrats my dude/dudette
Last edited:
When did you submit primary?Just got a secondary, for those wondering if they’re still sending out invites.
premedcookielover
Full Member
Just received a secondary today. Primary was received 7/26. Honestly thought I would never hear back and was waiting for the R email so kinda surprised by the secondary today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You deserve to be there! Dont second guess yourself!Just received a secondary today. Primary was received 7/26. Honestly thought I would never hear back and was waiting for the R email so kinda surprised by the secondary today.
Congrats
glutenfreebabe
Full Member
Got my secondary today! I was worried because my primary was received almost 2 months ago lol
JUST got a secondary lol thought i wasnt going to hear back from them😂😂😂
I hope I get the secondary soon :/
I hope I get the secondary soon :/
You will! In due time brother