2021-2022 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have any accepted students received any word about OPUS? they said they hoped to have things finalized by early january, just want to be sure I didn't miss something lol
Haven’t heard anything from them since I was accepted over 2 months ago

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my FAFSA and got an email from financial aid a month ago titled, "2022-2023 Financial Aid Application Received." Just logged into OPUS by searching for the website and creating an account. Apparently the deadline to apply for financial aid is Feb 16

I interviewed several months ago early in the cycle and haven't heard anything. I've been updating every two months or so as I've gotten grades/presentations/pubs/etc, but is it even worth sending these? I feel like I'm sending these updates into the void

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed several months ago early in the cycle and haven't heard anything. I've been updating every two months or so as I've gotten grades/presentations/pubs/etc, but is it even worth sending these? I feel like I'm sending these updates into the void
I think it's worth sending, but over the past few years, there have been no evidence of anyone getting accepted past the first wave they're eligible for, and I think when Emory said people are still considered for future waves, that was a white lie. So it would help if you end up on the waitlist on March 30th.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it's worth sending, but over the past few years, there have been no evidence of anyone getting accepted past the first wave they're eligible for, and I think when Emory said people are still considered for future waves, that was a white lie. So it would help if you end up on the waitlist on March 30th.
Yeah that was my impression. Oh well I've done what I can

I submitted my FAFSA and got an email from financial aid a month ago titled, "2022-2023 Financial Aid Application Received." Just logged into OPUS by searching for the website and creating an account. Apparently the deadline to apply for financial aid is Feb 16
I was able to do the same thank you!!

I feel like the sample sizes on SDN are too small to be representative of what truly happens to everyone. I don't see what they would gain from keeping everyone in consideration. My guess is that they probably revisit earlier interviewers for the later waves like February/March because it would be too much work to review everyone every month. But I interviewed in early November and maybe this is just wishful thinking.

I feel like the sample sizes on SDN are too small to be representative of what truly happens to everyone. I don't see what they would gain from keeping everyone in consideration. My guess is that they probably revisit earlier interviewers for the later waves like February/March because it would be too much work to review everyone every month. But I interviewed in early November and maybe this is just wishful thinking.
Can someone please link the portal? I think I lost it

Does anyone know if Emory is planning to host an in-person second look?

Does anyone know if Emory is planning to host an in-person second look?

The acceptance letter says they hope to have a second look and will get back with more details in the spring.

If we want to send a second update, are we supposed to clear out whatever is saved in the update box previously first or add it to the bottom, meaning the word count is added on top of any previous update?

If we want to send a second update, are we supposed to clear out whatever is saved in the update box previously first or add it to the bottom, meaning the word count is added on top of any previous update?

You should keep the first update and just label each with the date you submitted the update. For example:

1/29/2022:
[Write New Update]

12/3/2021
[Older update]

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 10/9 but the portal shows my LORs were received on 12/13 at 11pm. Does that mean I am probably under review since then? Or is that 2 month discrepancy completely innocuous.

I was complete 10/9 but the portal shows my LORs were received on 12/13 at 11pm. Does that mean I am probably under review since then? Or is that 2 month discrepancy completely innocuous.
Completed July, and my LOR received date was the first date that verified primary apps were sent out. You might've been received mid-December!

• Sad
That's usually just the last time you updated your AMCAS application, i.e. added a new LOR, school, or a new distribution. You'll see that same date at a couple of schools, unfortunately it doesn't mean anything about their review.

• Sad
does emory SOM accept LOIs? I cannot find anything online about this explicitly, but for some reason, i'm thinking they don't accept them (and only take the brief updates through the portal). can someone confirm/deny this?

does emory SOM accept LOIs? I cannot find anything online about this explicitly, but for some reason, i'm thinking they don't accept them (and only take the brief updates through the portal). can someone confirm/deny this?
They do not accept LOIs, but they do accept updates. They did say if you are placed on the waitlist though that could be a good time to send a LOI

They do not accept LOIs, but they do accept updates. They did say if you are placed on the waitlist though that could be a good time to send a LOI
thanks! I interviewed back in january and didn't hear back from the most recent wave. really hoping to hear during the next wave but I am unsure if that is even realistic at this point and if i should just pray for a WL...

For anyone that interviewed for the MD/MPH program- did your interviewer ask you any specific public health related questions or was it just like a general MD interview? Or did you have a separate interview for MPH? I have my interview next week and not sure what to expect as an MD/MPH candidate.

Also, in terms of the group interview, are the questions more ethical questions or personal/experience based ones?

For anyone that interviewed for the MD/MPH program- did your interviewer ask you any specific public health related questions or was it just like a general MD interview? Or did you have a separate interview for MPH? I have my interview next week and not sure what to expect as an MD/MPH candidate.

Also, in terms of the group interview, are the questions more ethical questions or personal/experience based ones?
Group interview was more personal/experience focused for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

My interviewers did not ask me any MPH questions. Also no separate interview. There was a brief info session though about the MPH program at some point during interview day. Essentially once accepted you have until 3rd year to decide to pursue the mph or not that year between M3 and M4.

Does anyone know what WL movement looks like at Emory?

anyone know if Emory matches scholarships from other schools?🤔

Just asking out of curiosity, but is Emory finished giving out IIs for the cycle?

Just asking out of curiosity, but is Emory finished giving out IIs for the cycle?
last years final interview date was 2/26, and someone got an II on Feb 5th and 2/12 (both fridays), and Rs starting rolling out March 1st.

Best guess. interviews sent out this week are for the final Feb date, and the IIs next week will be as well.
Any other interviews after next week will be due to people declining IIs.

EDIT: @Bubs420 , looks like someone on the previous page got an II and the last available date was 2/14.. so hopefully there's one more date after that. If not, then today may be the last day for IIs being sent out, and next weeks II will be due to students declining

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
last years final interview date was 2/26, and someone got an II on Feb 5th and 2/12 (both fridays), and Rs starting rolling out March 1st.

Best guess. interviews sent out this week are for the final Feb date, and the IIs next week will be as well.
Any other interviews after next week will be due to people declining IIs.

EDIT: @Bubs420 , looks like someone on the previous page got an II and the last available date was 2/14.. so hopefully there's one more date after that. If not, then today may be the last day for IIs being sent out, and next weeks II will be due to students declining
oh wow. that means there’s a possibility to get accepted for the final march date, with no new people being considered for that one.

Group interview was more personal/experience focused for me.
That is interesting. I wonder what it's going to be like talking about personal experiences in front of other candidates. Hopefully it's not weird 😬Thanks for responding!

That is interesting. I wonder what it's going to be like talking about personal experiences in front of other candidates. Hopefully it's not weird 😬Thanks for responding!
It can be daunting, but be yourself and be as vulnerable as you feel comfortable. Also, don't try to make your responses emotional just because another applicant did; they will know and it won't come off as authentic.

• Care
i misplaced my gold packet, is there anything I NEED to know from it or should have with me throughout the interview day? kinda panicking and dont want to email them asking for a pdf

i misplaced my gold packet, is there anything I NEED to know from it or should have with me throughout the interview day? kinda panicking and dont want to email them asking for a pdf
email them saying you never received it in the mail and they give you a pdf pretty much immediately. it’s what i did since mine never came

II received today! There were dates available for 2/18, 2/21, and 2/25.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
anyone know what waitlist movement is like at emory? interviewed back in October for reference and haven't heard anything so hoping for a WL.

anyone know what waitlist movement is like at emory? interviewed back in October for reference and haven't heard anything so hoping for a WL.
Seems based on previous threads that it is not very active, but that’s just from who reports on SDN

yeah, I think they said during my interview day that even if they offer you a spot on the WL, they can't accept anyone from it until june :/

how unlikely does it seem that people who interviewed in january could hear back with an A on the next decision day? asking for a friend lmao 😭

• Hmm
how unlikely does it seem that people who interviewed in january could hear back with an A on the next decision day? asking for a friend lmao 😭
I interviewed in February and they told us we qualify for the next decision day (2/21)

Last edited:
just got an ii!!! complete in late july, update in november. moderate ties to the area :)

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Not sure if this q has been asked, but I want to send another update to the portal but im running out of remaining words since I have kept the rest of the updates in the submission. Am i allowed to delete all the previous updates to send in this one? Or does that delete all past entries?

Not sure if this q has been asked, but I want to send another update to the portal but im running out of remaining words since I have kept the rest of the updates in the submission. Am i allowed to delete all the previous updates to send in this one? Or does that delete all past entries?
You are allowed to do whatever you want. They set it up like this specifically to limit what you can write and what they have to read.

WYSIWYG. Anyone from the adcom with access can go into the portal at any time. What they will see at any point in time is exactly the same as what you can see.

As you have seen, every portal at every school does not work this way, even from the same vendor (Zap Solutions), so this is clearly intentional on Emory's part, to force you to be concise and limit your updates.

Also sorry if this is a repeat question! But does anyone know when financial aid packages come out?

YALL I JUST GOT THE A.. VIA OFFICE OF MULTICULTURAL AFFAIRS.. OMG

edit - Interview 2/7

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users