You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm interviewing with GUSOM and BU early October and while there's a good chance I'll be hit with R's post-II, I just wanted to chime in seeing the arrows falling from the sky as @nidgehog eloquently put 🙏 I'm a re-applicant with a previous history of 0 interviews and 50+ R's. There is still so much time left in the cycle and just remember a career in medicine is all about putting in the silent work and having the patience and self-faith to watch it all eventually fall in place.
To live with crystalline integrity, to the continued effort for true dignity in life - this is a gift and a gift that each and every one of us is building as we go through such a grueling but rewarding process. It takes time to improve who we are, to love who we are, but then you gain a certain quiet wisdom about life and your soul. Don't give up! Every day is a gift to sharpen your sword. Good luck, be calm, patient, and resolute in all you do and you will own what will be your world. I'm rooting for you and I can't wait to see you flourish 🙌
Edited to correct for acronym (GUSOM instead of GT, thanks @UsernameChecksOut !)
To live with crystalline integrity, to the continued effort for true dignity in life - this is a gift and a gift that each and every one of us is building as we go through such a grueling but rewarding process. It takes time to improve who we are, to love who we are, but then you gain a certain quiet wisdom about life and your soul. Don't give up! Every day is a gift to sharpen your sword. Good luck, be calm, patient, and resolute in all you do and you will own what will be your world. I'm rooting for you and I can't wait to see you flourish 🙌
Edited to correct for acronym (GUSOM instead of GT, thanks @UsernameChecksOut !)
Last edited:
D
deleted1111654
Got the R! Peace out gtown. LM 70 complete 7/14.omg it’s approaching my date…patiently waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was no way I was going to survive this bloodbath. R just now. VA Resident, ORM, Complete 7/15
siloaddict
Full Member
Got the first R! Really loved this school so this one really hurts.
Happy birthday!!Took the R, and on my birthday too. First one of the cycle. Best of luck to everyone else!
Red_Thorne
Full Member
Pre-II R. Complete sometime in July. Welp, the fight continues elsewhere ~
Sorry to hear all 🙁 I’m waiting for my R….
MarlinsGuy
New Member
Yeah I saw that too! Savage ThursdayHeavens, a lot of people got R's today. Not just here, but at a couple other schools they came in waves today. Talk about Bloody Thursday!
D
deleted1111835
anyone from 7/16 onward get an R??
Dang R today I was completed mid-July. I also interviewed here when I first applied 2 years ago so I was hoping they would give me a second chance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
itdobelikethatsometimes
Full Member
Completed 6/27 and got my R about an hour ago. It really do be like that sometimes. Good luck to everyone with other schools who got the bad news today and good luck to those still waiting to hear from Georgetown!!! Love to all.
D
deleted1111835
when were u completeOOR R! I'm just happy they let me know so early instead of toying with my expectations.
R
complete 7/17.... silence waiting for the R
I just recently interviewed there, and have to be honest, before my interview Georgetown wasn’t high on my list and after the interview, I do adore the school! My interviewer was a physician who taught third and fourth years, and she told me a lot about the different clinical opportunities for specific patient populations (I’m highly interested in refugee/incarcerated populations and she really went into depth of all the opportunities we can lead just from third year). You get to start your clinical portion your second year. Plus the pre-interview day was super thorough and told us all about the curriculum and new changes happening, and the students on the panel were awesome (though I know it can be biased).Can any current students or recent interviewees share a little more about what they love about the school?
I’m just an interviewee though, so I don’t have the whole picture as a current student would. All I know is I’m glad I got to learn about the school because it seems like a cool school 🙂
I'm so sorry to all those who got R's. I think they sent them to people complete in July today. I was complete in Aug, so I guess I'll get mine in the next few weeks...
Or a II, we never know!I'm so sorry to all those who got R's. I think they sent them to people complete in July today. I was complete in Aug, so I guess I'll get mine in the next few weeks...
Thanks!! Glad to hear the pre-interview presentation is very informative, mine is coming up. I'm also interested in learning more about the refugee health opportunities.I just recently interviewed there, and have to be honest, before my interview Georgetown wasn’t high on my list and after the interview, I do adore the school! My interviewer was a physician who taught third and fourth years, and she told me a lot about the different clinical opportunities for specific patient populations (I’m highly interested in refugee/incarcerated populations and she really went into depth of all the opportunities we can lead just from third year). You get to start your clinical portion your second year. Plus the pre-interview day was super thorough and told us all about the curriculum and new changes happening, and the students on the panel were awesome (though I know it can be biased).
I’m just an interviewee though, so I don’t have the whole picture as a current student would. All I know is I’m glad I got to learn about the school because it seems like a cool school 🙂
serotonin1
Full Member
R! Good luck, everyone!
OmelletesfromOmelas
Full Member
Don’t mind me over here thinking I missed that huge wave only for GT to start my Friday off with my first R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those who got the R, when were you complete?
When you thought you dodged the wave of R’s and GT comes knocking at your door Friday morning. Lmao
edit: good luck to each and every one of you this cycle!!
+OOS R, best of luck to everyone!
complete date?II just now! OOS
doctorhalstead
Full Member
Damn with these Rs, Gtown really woke up and chose violence today
Youre the last one left soldier, finish the missionII just now! OOS
Just received an II! Secondary submitted 8/16
Truly in disbelief.
Truly in disbelief.
Last edited:
How dare you come here with happy news! *scoffs*. I kid! Congratulations and absolutely kill it!II just now! OOS
D
deleted1111835
R this morning complete 7/17 pce out Gtown
I was complete July 29thcomplete date?
Thank you! I was waiting for my rejection email tbhHow dare you come here with happy news! *scoffs*. I kid! Congratulations and absolutely kill it!
6/28when were u complete
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck everyone!! Got the R, so I’ll be “unwatching” lol