-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pre II R. Complete 7/25. ouch
Pre-II R. Complete 7/26. LM 69 It's been real y'all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aquiestoytratando
Full Member
Like many others this morning, pre-II R. LM 76, WARS 87, ORM. First R and no IIs yet, hurts a little.
hopefullydrb
Full Member
I just wanna say to everyone who is getting Rs that I believe in you! This is a grueling process but y'all are working hard and I'm sure it will be recognized. <3 Many people don't get their 1st II until later in the cycle (even December!) and end up getting in. You got this!
violingirl2
Full Member
Also rejected- good luck to the remaining applicants!
Same, same, and same.Pre-II R. Complete 7/26. LM 69 It's been real y'all.![]()
Nope, they won’t screen you out. I got an II with a 124 cars.So to clarify, if I have a 124 subsection, am I done for at Georgetown?
shawnmendes
Full Member
R this morning submitted 8/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R complete 8/6
Rejection. Complete 8/5.
hopefullydrb
Full Member
My R just came. Complete 08/05. Good luck everyone!
R today, Complete 7/22 🙂
Readytogo8
Full Member
First R, complete 7/25
First R (today at around 12:30 PM), complete 7/31.
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
+1 complete 08/06/21First R of the cycle 🥳
edit: not really surprised but I’m glad we’re starting to hear from schools that have been silent.
livingandlearning
Full Member
+1 with the pre-II R, complete around 8/7, OOS reapplicant
best of luck y'all ✌️
best of luck y'all ✌️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
International_Leg230
Full Member
did any of you get to see the name of your interviewer prior to your interview?
Nope! You meet them the time of your interviewdid any of you get to see the name of your interviewer prior to your interview?
I think October 15th?For those that interviewed during the week of 8/23, when do we hear back?
Exactly what insight are you looking for? This is true, to a greater or lesser degree, everywhere, other than the relatively few schools, like Michigan, that are very stingy with IIs and then have very high post-II A rates.I was looking at the interview feedback page and noticed that some people mentioned that Georgetown waitlists a large percentage of applicants post-interview. Is this true? Does anyone have more insight regarding this?
Georgetown is a very popular school. They interview around 1,000 people and have a class of around 200. The numbers dictate that a lot of people interviewing will not be accepted. This is why the general rule of thumb is that you need at least 3 IIs to have a reasonable expectation of receiving at least one A.
Last edited:
They do. A lot of people get off the waitlist, this is a school where a LOI is highly valued.I was looking at the interview feedback page and noticed that some people mentioned that Georgetown waitlists a large percentage of applicants post-interview. Is this true? Does anyone have more insight regarding this?
Theyre looking for a school specific response, not a generalized response like you just gave. Georgetown waitlists many many applicants, but starts pulling off the waitlist pretty early on. They know the numbers, theyre asking about people that actually knows how it works.Exactly what insight are you looking for? This is true, to a greater or lesser degree, everywhere, other than the relatively few schools, like Michigan, that are very stingy with IIs and then have very high post-II A rates.
Georgetown is a very popular school. They interview around 1,000 people and have a class of around 200. The numbers dictate that a lot of people interviewing will not be accepted. This is why the general rule of thumb is that you need at least 3 IIs to have a reasonable expectation of receiving at least one A.
Okay, but the school specific response is still that they interview around 1,000 people and only have 200 seats. The generalized response I gave seems to apply to Georgetown as much as to any other school.Theyre looking for a school specific response, not a generalized response like you just gave. Georgetown waitlists many many applicants, but starts pulling off the waitlist pretty early on. They know the numbers, theyre asking about people that actually knows how it works.
Notwithstanding your saying that a lot of people get off the WL, the numbers show that many, many more do not. For the last reporting period, which certainly only got worse last cycle, and will again this cycle, 1,029 interviews generated 375 offers of admission, both initial As as well as off the WL, to fill 203 seats.
As I said, "the numbers dictate that a lot of people interviewing will not be accepted." This is true in general, and it is certainly true at Georgetown, specifically. I'm not sure what you are disputing, since Georgetown's 36% post-II A rate is far from spectacular, even after taking into account however many people are called off the WL. In fact, it's right in line with the general "interviews 3, a doctor you'll be" expression.
Last edited:
MedSD123
Full Member
My interviewer told me not to stress if I get waitlisted bc Georgetown waitlists a lot of ppl to make themselves look better. He said a lot get in off the waitlistI was looking at the interview feedback page and noticed that some people mentioned that Georgetown waitlists a large percentage of applicants post-interview. Is this true? Does anyone have more insight regarding this?
premedicalstudent101
Full Member
has anyone who has interviewed sent update letters or LOIs? just trying to gauge if it's worth doing
zoraktheattack
Full Member
I haven't. I figured I would wait for a decision before doing anything because if I get waitlisted later, at least I will have something to write about then. If I send an update now, I feel like I lose the novelty of my update later on if I need to send one in. Just my 2 cents thohas anyone who has interviewed sent update letters or LOIs? just trying to gauge if it's worth doing
D
deleted1115486
First II! What an incredible feeling, the wait for a II has been longggg
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted965595
Congrats! Stats? Complete date?First II! What an incredible feeling, the wait for a II has been longggg
D
deleted1115486
LM ~ 71, ORM! I was complete 9/17. I think I had a decent mission fit & hinted at ties to the region, not sure if that matters!Congrats! Stats? Complete date?
Last edited by a moderator:
wow that's a quick turnaround! congratsLM ~ 71, ORM! I was complete 9/17. I think I had a strong mission fit & hinted at ties to the region, not sure if that matters!