You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1114150
what happened ultimately? im in the same predicamentSo I submitted my secondary about a week ago and my letter of recs have all been received (for a while now) but it says my application isn't complete because they haven't reviewed the LoRs yet. Is this the case for anyone else? Should I ask them about it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopeful077
New Member
Hi, congrats! I was wondering if you had also completed the Snapshot portion?4th quartile CASPer
Interviews are virtual, yes! But when I got the II email, it didn't specify a specific campus. Maybe it'll specify on Zoom on the interview day?Hey I’m assuming you guys are virtual this year as well? Last year during our interviews we were given a virtual interview under the banner of a campus (I.e. mine was under the Chicago banner) but obviously we didn’t go to the school.
On the application portal last year it said something like we highly encourage you to rank the Chicago campus as your number one choice because we feel you would be a good fit for the mission at that campus (something like that). After you get accepted you rank your campus preference at the 3 sites and they then assign them to you at a later date.
There were plenty of people though who interviewed under the Chicago campus and ranked the Chicago location as their number one and didn’t get it because 90% of accepted students will rank Chicago as their number 1 choice so they can’t give that to everyone and from what I’ve heard appeals are rarely granted (our m1 class is a lot bigger than they anticipated).
Interviews are virtual, yes! But when I got the II email, it didn't specify a specific campus. Maybe it'll specify on Zoom on the interview day?
Ours were campus specific in the portals but again that meant little as they had representatives from every campus on zoom. They probably learned from last year when people interviewed under one campus and didn’t get to go there is my guess.
Congrats! How did you do on casper?II received! IS, URM, 511, 3.48 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 3.9 SMP GPA.
Complete 07/28
D
deleted1113780
How important is Casper for this school?
I am wondering the same thing. They also require Snapshot and Duet, so maybe they consider the Altius Suite more than other schools. Hard to tell.How important is Casper for this school?
D
deleted1113780
I scored in the first quartile and was complete in early July. Have not heard anything back from them. The rest of my application was solid so it makes me believe that Casper is weighed heavily.. There’s very little transparency when it comes to Casper.I am wondering the same thing. They also require Snapshot and Duet, so maybe they consider the Altius Suite more than other schools. Hard to tell.
In the exact same boat as you, IS as well. One of my top choices so it's definitely frustrating, but not much to do at this point.I scored in the first quartile and was complete in early July. Have not heard anything back from them. The rest of my application was solid so it makes me believe that Casper is weighed heavily.. There’s very little transparency when it comes to Casper.
D
deleted1113780
Same IS as wellIn the exact same boat as you, IS as well. One of my top choices so it's definitely frustrating, but not much to do at this point.
I scored 4th quartile.Congrats! How did you do on casper?
I'm also an alumna from Undergrad so maybe that was weighed as well?
hopeful077
New Member
Congrats! Did you also complete the Snapshot portion prior to your II?idk I scored in 2nd quartile and got an II so I hope its not that heavily scored
hopeful077
New Member
Hey, congrats!! I've been wondering if they would send out II for those that have completed CASPer but not Snapshot. Did you complete Snapshot prior to your II?I scored 4th quartile.
I'm also an alumna from Undergrad so maybe that was weighed as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not completed Snapshot but plan on doing it this weekend before the IIHey, congrats!! I've been wondering if they would send out II for those that have completed CASPer but not Snapshot. Did you complete Snapshot prior to your II?
yupp but I dont think it was necessaryCongrats! Did you also complete the Snapshot portion prior to your II?
hopeful077
New Member
Thank you for the quick response and best of luck on your interview!!I have not completed Snapshot but plan on doing it this weekend before the II
hopeful077
New Member
Thank you for the response! and I see, I hope not. I just missed the 14-day window that Altus recommended you to complete Duet and Snapshot in and it looks like UICOM is requiring all 3 tests this year.yupp but I dont think it was necessary
The Altius deadline was extended! I didn't complete my Snapshot for a few months after Casper once I realized that UICOM required all components. You should still be able to complete it.Thank you for the response! and I see, I hope not. I just missed the 14-day window that Altus recommended you to complete Duet and Snapshot in and it looks like UICOM is requiring all 3 tests this year.
hopeful077
New Member
oh that's good to hear! I was just about to email them regarding it. I hope that not completing Snapshot in time would not delay/affect the screening process though.The Altius deadline was extended! I didn't complete my Snapshot for a few months after Casper once I realized that UICOM required all components. You should still be able to complete it.
How important is Casper for this school?
My CASPER was probably awful and I was accepted. Unfortunately we didn't get quartile scores so I can't tell you how well I actually did.
My CASPER was probably awful and I was accepted. Unfortunately we didn't get quartile scores so I can't tell you how well I actually did.
I’d have to agree, while I’m in the same boat and don’t actually know what quartile my Casper is in since I did it last year, I imagine it wasn’t the best. I distinctly remember one question that I thought was so ridiculously stupid that I typed a paragraph about how I wouldn’t ever put myself in such a stupid position before answering it. Still got in so who knows?
IS II just received!
augustflowers
New Member
Does anyone know if the people who review the scholarly concentrations essays also read the secondary essays? Wondering if I can pull from the same experiences that I wrote about in my secondary.
doctorhalstead
Full Member
Congrats! Mind sharing stats and what date you were complete?OOS II received today
D
deleted1113780
Here’s to the end of another week of disappointment 🥲
Completed 7/28, GPA 3.5 MCAT 517. I won't be accepting the II, so hopefully someone else here gets to take my spot 🙂Congrats! Mind sharing stats and what date you were complete?
Has anyone else been stuck on Letters of References Not Reviewed for 3+ weeks?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping to hear something good from there for a while now….
For the interview, should we go into in being aware of a specific campus we'd like? Or should I be learning details about each campus? For reference my #1 choice is Peoria, but since it looks like we aren't interviewing under a certain banner I'm not sure if I should frame my answers around that campus. Like in terms of answering "why this school", etc
They say that you apply to the system and get accepted to the system, so there's nothing school-specific about the interview.For the interview, should we go into in being aware of a specific campus we'd like? Or should I be learning details about each campus? For reference my #1 choice is Peoria, but since it looks like we aren't interviewing under a certain banner I'm not sure if I should frame my answers around that campus. Like in terms of answering "why this school", etc
Yeahhh I know it's not actually school-specific but I'm just wondering if it would be bad to talk about specific programs/amenities on a certain campus rather than talk about the entire system. maybe I'll end up doing a mix..They say that you apply to the system and get accepted to the system, so there's nothing school-specific about the interview.
just_vibing
Full Member
Question for anyone who applied to a Scholarly Concentration Program: Did you receive any sort of confirmation after your submitted your application to the program? Like an email or an update to your portal? I hit submit but nothing about my page is changing and it still lets me make changes in the text boxes so I'm a little confused.
Don’t worry about that. It stays open until the deadline. As long as you clicked submit, they will be able to see your essays. And, no, I did not receive the confirmation for that portion.Question for anyone who applied to a Scholarly Concentration Program: Did you receive any sort of confirmation after your submitted your application to the program? Like an email or an update to your portal? I hit submit but nothing about my page is changing and it still lets me make changes in the text boxes so I'm a little confused.
toenjcha9
New Member
I was wondering the same thing. So, I emailed them and they said they received it. All you have to do is click submit.Question for anyone who applied to a Scholarly Concentration Program: Did you receive any sort of confirmation after your submitted your application to the program? Like an email or an update to your portal? I hit submit but nothing about my page is changing and it still lets me make changes in the text boxes so I'm a little confused.
tacobell4life
Full Member
Not the Q&A email giving me a mini heart attack thinking it's an II
D
deleted555445
I appreciate that they are trying to give us opportunities to learn more about the school, but why they gotta be like that? at least send it from a different email that's like applicantoutreach or something, medamit is very misleadingNot the Q&A email giving me a mini heart attack thinking it's an II
Did they mean to send me this II email…or is it a glitch bc they just sent out webinar emails…I don’t know but stay tuned lmao
Has anyone had an interview here yet? I have mine tomorrow and I'm tweaking a bit because it starts at 8 but my library where I reserved a room doesn't open until 9. For the first couple presentations, is it literally just a presentation or are we expected to be participating? Like I'm trying to gauge if I can watch the first part on my phone in my car...sorry if I sound ~neurotic~
It is largely presentation-based for the first 2 hours before your interviews! There are opportunities here and there to ask a question or two. I don't see a large problem if you can get into the library room before your interviews start!Has anyone had an interview here yet? I have mine tomorrow and I'm tweaking a bit because it starts at 8 but my library where I reserved a room doesn't open until 9. For the first couple presentations, is it literally just a presentation or are we expected to be participating? Like I'm trying to gauge if I can watch the first part on my phone in my car...sorry if I sound ~neurotic~
Thank you so much!It is largely presentation-based for the first 2 hours before your interviews! There are opportunities here and there to ask a question or two. I don't see a large problem if you can get into the library room before your interviews start!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations..OOS II received this morning!! Complete 7/30, 3.9/511/URM/4th quartile Ca$per. They only had one day available a week from today so kinda nervous rn but super happy!
Still waiting for II. Completed on 7/9, 3.9/515/3rd quartile/IS. Should I be worried?
This is very anecdotal evidence but last year it felt like a lot of the IS IIs came a bit later. It may just be the way they sort apps, but I could be completely wrong. Anyway your app looks perfect for UIC though so try to stay hopeful, you are in great shape.Congratulations..
Still waiting for II. Completed on 7/9, 3.9/515/3rd quartile/IS. Should I be worried?
Also completed 7/9 with similar stats and IS but lower Casper... hoping that IS IIs come later!Congratulations..
Still waiting for II. Completed on 7/9, 3.9/515/3rd quartile/IS. Should I be worried?
Thank you.. Let us keep waiting 🙂Also completed 7/9 with similar stats and IS but lower Casper... hoping that IS IIs come later!
D
deleted1115486
Does having a family member connected with UIC significantly help with OOS admissions? I'm deciding whether or not to apply..the more I read, the more I like this school tbh