2020-2021 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there an extensive list that they want you to complete prior to March 1st? I am interviewing at the end of the month, so kinda worry if they won't give us much time to complete those doc if their current deadline is march 1st
The March 1 deadline is for those accepted before January 1. If you're accepted after January 1 the deadline is May 1.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Could any current student talk about the volunteering services LUCOM has? I know they are big on serving the community, so was wondering if they have some programs that students can participate in. I tried looking for it on the website but cannot find anything specific besides clubs and compas program

There are lots of clubs and interest groups that provide volunteering opportunities regularly, from food drives, toiletries drives, toy drive at Christmas, sending cards to veterans, helping out at a local inner city kids’ center, food bank etc. There are also 5k fundraisers, teddy bear clinic, the list goes on. Covid put a serious damper on all of this this school year, but they’re starting to approve service projects again as long as we have social distancing plans in place.

You don’t have to be part of a club to volunteer, that’s just who coordinates the activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Is there an extensive list that they want you to complete prior to March 1st? I am interviewing at the end of the month, so kinda worry if they won't give us much time to complete those doc if their current deadline is march 1st
If you are accepted after your interview, it'll likely be a provisional acceptance until a seat opens up for you. Once that seat opens up, you'll receive an email with all of the pre-matriculation items to complete! So your due date for these items will likely be much later than March 1st :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite today and my interview is on Friday. So soon lol, any tips anyone?

Soooooo, is CASPer is still required?! I haven't seen anything on their website but when I opened ASIST there was a line for it.... Does anyone know the answer?

I got an interview invite today and my interview is on Friday. So soon lol, any tips anyone?
I had a friend interviewing there, and he said it was really laid back and they asked really basic questions. the way he put it, they want to learn about you outside of the number and make sure that you are not a psychopath that will start killing people the moment they get a scalpel in a cadaver lab lol

Reactions: 1 user
Soooooo, is CASPer is still required?! I haven't seen anything on their website but when I opened ASIST there was a line for it.... Does anyone know the answer?
Nope, it is not required. CASPer doesn't have LUCOM listed on their website and the LUCOM portal checklist doesn't have it listed as a requirement.

I had a friend interviewing there, and he said it was really laid back and they asked really basic questions. the way he put it, they want to learn about you outside of the number and make sure that you are not a psychopath that will start killing people the moment they get a scalpel in a cadaver lab lol
Lol hmm that would be a good think to make sure. best tip I have ever received, thank you.

Hey guys! I was wondering if I can message any of the current students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, im trying to finish up my immunizations and they keep rejecting it lmaoo... Oh well, we have 20 more days to do it properly :/
welp I just found out after the titer test that I'm no longer immune to hep B so that's fun :) time to get a booster and then ANOTHER titer test ah

Does anyone know if there is usually a lot of movement in WL and when does it usually happen?

Does anyone know if they will allow extensions for Castlebranch things (immunizations, titers, physicals, background check etc) ?

Or are they dead strict on the March 1 deadline

Does anyone know if they will allow extensions for Castlebranch things (immunizations, titers, physicals, background check etc) ?

Or are they dead strict on the March 1 deadline
I talked with someone from admissions, and they said that they will be flexible with us and give an extension if we email them and explain our situation as to why we won't complete the requirements on time. They just want to see that we are actively making progress.

Reactions: 3 users
I talked with someone from admissions, and they said that they will be flexible with us and give an extension if we email them and explain our situation as to why we won't complete the requirements on time. They just want to see that we are actively making progress.
I'll second that. Just spoke with Mr. Smith today and he said they will be flexible, especially since it takes time if we have to do a repeat on a vaccine series.

I'll second that. Just spoke with Mr. Smith today and he said they will be flexible, especially since it takes time if we have to do a repeat on a vaccine series.
have you already submitted the paper for child abuse registry? I'm still awaiting a response for VADSS and I submitted that first week of feb.

have you already submitted the paper for child abuse registry? I'm still awaiting a response for VADSS and I submitted that first week of feb.
Thats takes a decent amt of time, just be patient and try to do all the other requirements... If its not done by March 1st I would email the school and let them know that ur still waiting on that

How did y'all sign this in the presence of a notary? Like what in the world is the process for that? I'm stressin' out hahaha

How did y'all sign this in the presence of a notary? Like what in the world is the process for that? I'm stressin' out hahaha
Any UPS and most banks have notary services! I went to Wells Fargo and they did It for free and were really nice

II for 2/25!!

I'm in shock and so excited, because I just received and submitted my secondary on 2/18 lol (applied super late)
I have been reading this thread but any more interview tips would be much appreciated- this is my first interview :)

Last edited:
  • Love
When can I expect to receive my interview day itinerary/webex links?

interviewed today, such an amazing experience!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
has anyone who has been provisionally accepted gotten an official seat so far?

has anyone who has been provisionally accepted gotten an official seat so far?
They said we should start hearing soon because they had a March 1st deadline for students already accepted!

• Care
has anyone from end of feb interviews heard back yet?

Why do we need to get two Tb skin tests? Why do we need another titer test after proof of re-immunization? Is this a joke?

• Haha
Why do we need to get two Tb skin tests? Why do we need another titer test after proof of re-immunization? Is this a joke?
Lol yeah, they got us good! If you call, they’re happy to give extensions. Also, the QFT is much faster than the two TB skin tests, It just costs a bit more

LITERALLY! but if they see you making progress and you inform them of where you're at in the process they will make extensions for you :)

Interview 2/25, rejected today...
good luck to everyone

Last edited:
  • Care
I have an interview 3/18! Really excited for this opportunity, submitted very late and was really surprised but thankful to receive the interview invite; LUCOM seems like a great school.

I have an interview 3/18! Really excited for this opportunity, submitted very late and was really surprised but thankful to receive the interview invite; LUCOM seems like a great school.
What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? I applied in July and haven't heard back and am wondering if they ever received my application in the first place lol

What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? I applied in July and haven't heard back and am wondering if they ever received my application in the first place lol
Sure! 3.61 gpa, 3.59 sgpa and a 506 mcat.

I would email them for sure. They are very responsive

I literally had to call after radio silence until December, and they were like "Oh yeah about that, lets get your interview set up". Got the email the next day and interviewed that week. Definitely reach out to them like Rachel said.

• Care
did anyone send a LOI?
After my interview they said that sending one was encouraged if you're provisionally accepted; they said that plays a strong role in who they call when spots open up.

Hi, so I interviewed last week and am currently waiting to hear back; I logged in and checked my portal and now I have an "acceptance" tab in my admissions checklist with a bunch of new things to complete? Was that always there/is always there for applicants to see or does this mean anything? I might be reading too far into this but the waiting is killing me; the admissions committee was supposed to meet and make a decision on me today so I feel like it would be too soon for a change in the portal and don't want to get my hopes up that this means anything...