2021-2022 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone please share how to find the portal/checklist? Is it on the myLU site?
once you log into the portal, there is a scroll bar on the left. We're looking at admissions checklist.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning. Does anyone know how many interviews LUCOM conducts/approximate odds of acceptance from interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed this past March and was rejected, I really hope they’ll give me another chance. Congrats to all those who have received II’s so far- manifesting more for the rest of us 🙏🏽

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning. Does anyone know how many interviews LUCOM conducts/approximate odds of acceptance from interview?
They set up a different system last year. Instead of seating a class and doing a waitlist, they seated a class and built a deferred acceptance list, which means that if you weren’t moved from the deferred acceptance list in time for this fall’s orientation, then you were guaranteed an acceptance to the class of 2026.

Because of this, the number of interviews they do and students they accept will depend on how many students were still guaranteed a spot when orientation started. Of course they’ll be offering deferred acceptance for the class of 2027 this year as an alternative to a waitlist.

That would be a good question to ask at orientation…how many seats are left? I will say this though: LUCOM doesn’t interview students unless they feel that they are a good fit on paper. An interview is yours to win or lose, because if you get an II, then you’re good enough in their eyes to go here.

Those that got interviews are your LOR in? I submitted secondaryJune 29th along with letters and through interfolio and they still show as missing. I even emailed them and they said they would add them, and they are still shown as missing! I am getting impatient I feel as if its hurting my chances if my application is incomplete for this long but there is nothing I can do at this point!!

Reactions: 1 users
Those that got interviews are your LOR in? I submitted secondaryJune 29th along with letters and through interfolio and they still show as missing. I even emailed them and they said they would add them, and they are still shown as missing! I am getting impatient I feel as if its hurting my chances if my application is incomplete for this long but there is nothing I can do at this point!!
Last time I checked, mine were also like this. And I emailed them and they responded the same way. Maybe they just mark them complete before sending an II?

Last time I checked, mine were also like this. And I emailed them and they responded the same way. Maybe they just mark them complete before sending an II?
They said on the website only applicants with completed apps will get considered for interview, idk I might have to call them and ask what's up

They said on the website only applicants with completed apps will get considered for interview, idk I might have to call them and ask what's up
Oof, lol I’ve been sad because I didn’t get an II, maybe they haven’t looked at my app 😳 If you do end up calling, please update us!

I’m pretty sure they mark letters complete right before an II/when you get it, that’s what happened to me last cycle! This cycle, they are still not checked off for me so I emailed them to see - all they said is that they have them from AACOMAS.

So I hope that makes sense, eventually it should a good sign when they are checked off

Last edited:
So II’s were sent out yesterday and they’ve filled up for the whole month of September already, and I was told they’re having a meeting today to talk about opening up later dates for registration. It’s likely they could be open sometime today or later this week. So if you’re like me and got an interview but was busy yesterday and didn’t imagine I wouldn’t be able to get a date, if you get an update email that there are more dates available, GO REGISTER.

There are multiple dates in October currently available now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it still like that? Mine looks the same way.

II Received!
cGPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 504

Reactions: 3 users
i submitted my secondary july 7 and still haven't received an email for completion. my LORs were sent in june so i am a bit confused. should i try calling them?

Hi guys, for those interviewing 8/30

Did you guys get any info for Zoom Logins, etc?

Less than a week till interview and still not seeing an itinerary?

do anyone else's LOR's have no green checks next to them in the myLU portal? I submitted my secondary and received a confirmation email 7/11.

also, for those who already received an II, were your LOR's received in the portal prior to the invitation? any insight helps! thank u :)

For those who have gotten an interview, was your checklist marked as all green? My letters of recs have been marked gray for the past month, everything was sent through interfolio.

1630632995924.png

For those who have gotten an interview, was your checklist marked as all green? My letters of recs have been marked gray for the past month, everything was sent through interfolio.

View attachment 342979
I still have this issue. I saw someone was going to call about this a few days ago. Does anyone have any updates?

I still have this issue. I saw someone was going to call about this a few days ago. Does anyone have any updates?
I contacted LUCOM through email. They said that they have all my letters but didn't go anymore in depth into it than that. I assume they assign all of your letters if and when they decide that they want to invite you to interview.

I contacted admissions, my LORs were sent through AACOMAS (not interfolio or anything) and they said they have them and will down load them accordingly when they need them. As others have said, it seems to be a thing they mark off upon their review of your app, or possibly an indicator of an interview invite.

I applied without an MCAT score. It gets released Sept 14. Am I too late? didn't receive secondaries but haven't been rejected.
Thoughts?

I applied without an MCAT score. It gets released Sept 14. Am I too late? didn't receive secondaries but haven't been rejected.
Thoughts?
Resubmit your primary once your MCAT score is available, and email admissions with your updated score. I did the same thing during my app cycle.

View attachment 342979
Maybe this is a dumb question but is this a Liberty Portal? Since submitting my secondary, when I click the link for the application I just see a screen that says secondary submitted we will contact you with updates. Anyone else, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Maybe this is a dumb question but is this a Liberty Portal? Since submitting my secondary, when I click the link for the application I just see a screen that says secondary submitted we will contact you with updates. Anyone else, or am I looking in the wrong place?
Mine says that when I go to the portal through email, but if I go through the website I can see the checklist.

Yeah I got to mylu.liberty.edu and login from there and that lets me see everything. Not sure if that's where you are checking but it's worth a shot.

Has anyone who interviewed heard any decisions yet or expect to hear soon?

Can someone post a screen capture of where on the website to find the checklist? I emailed admissions because I can’t find mine and they didn’t really answer my question.
The checklist really isn’t helpful because the only thing it includes is secondary, LORs, and interview boxes. Your LORs won’t be checked off until they contact you for an interview via email, or at least that’s the impression I got, unfortunately. I think we all just have to wait and see :/

Hi there. So I interviewed last week, but haven't received an answer yet. Does anyone know if I'll be able to see the result on ASIST before I recieve a call or email?
What is ASIST? Something you do during the interview day?

When I emailed them about the checklist they emailed me back that my LORs had been received but I have not received an interview. I basically just want to know if I am complete
Ahh ok, I’m on my phone, but if you go to Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine you click on the blue box in the corner that says sign in. It’ll go through Microsoft Outlook as you sign in, and then it’ll take you to the portal.

Click the white circle with the two blue checkmarks that says admissions. Then it should take you to the checklist.

Not sure if it’s different for the actual website tho, for this is on mobile!

Accepted! Just got the call!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
I'm guessing they don't call to reject you? I just got a missed call from 40 minutes ago that said to call back tomorrow? Am I safe in assuming this is an acceptance?
The anticipation in that situation is unreal, but I am assuming that is the case for you. So exciting!!

I'm guessing they don't call to reject you? I just got a missed call from 40 minutes ago that said to call back tomorrow? Am I safe in assuming this is an acceptance?
I think so but not 100% sure. Would love to hear an update from you tomorrow!

Just heard from them...accepted...still numb. It was all worth it !

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users