You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 LSU New Orleans
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have any ED applicants received a letter yet?I think letters may be coming for the ED applicants tomorrow, y'all. Best of luck to everyone!
Psychedelic_Fern
New Member
I'm ED and no. I think If you are accepted you will prolly hear the news via phone before you get your letter. Wishing you the best of luck!Have any ED applicants received a letter yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got it. Thanks! Have you gotten a call yet?I'm ED and no. I think If you are accepted you will prolly hear the news via phone before you get your letter. Wishing you the best of luck!
Psychedelic_Fern
New Member
Me neither but I’m manifesting that one call or letter so ****ing hard rn. I’ll post if I get one to let you guys know ✌️
i’m in the same boat. good luck!!!!I'm ED and no letter or phone call. Hoping we hear something tomorrow
austinbarnespreMD
New Member
I just received my letter and I was accepted!!!! I’m an ED applicant and I’m so excited! I’m wishing you guys the best of luck!
Congrats to all who got in!! will RD people receive anything? I remember Dr. Eubanks saying something about that.
I think the first RD admissions meeting will be tomorrow (8/1) & letters will go out next weekCongrats to all who got in!! will RD people receive anything? I remember Dr. Eubanks saying something about that.
Psychedelic_Fern
New Member
Just got my acceptance letter! To all my fellow applicants you got this! Don’t give up! As someone who had to reapply from last cycle this feels pretty darn good!
I was no final action as an ED applicant and moved over to the regular pool. This was also my 4th cycle. I'm just so upset right now. I don't even know why I'm interviewed year after year, or why I was invited to interview early. I wish all the rest of you well. I put a lot of faith in this school, and they let me down over and over again. I don't understand at all. In what was a small pool of early decision applicants, I felt very good about my chances. I don't anymore. I've seen this movie before.
Last edited:
Psychedelic_Fern
New Member
I’m sorry to hear that my friend. Don’t forget they narrowed it down from ~70 to 22 for ED so that means they liked you. Dr. Eubanks even said “People interview ED, get rolled over as a regular applicant and later accepted every year” so I like your odds. Stay strong your future patients need you!! You have ALREADY demonstrated amazing tenacity and have my respect ✊I was no final action as an ED applicant and moved over to the regular pool. This was also my 4th cycle. I'm just so upset right now. I don't even know why I'm interviewed year after year, or why I was invited to interview early. I wish all the rest of you well. I put a lot of faith in this school, and they let me down over and over again. I don't understand at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futbalmnky
New Member
Have you considered DO? I’m having the same sort of feelings and just submitted my DO applications today.I was no final action as an ED applicant and moved over to the regular pool. This was also my 4th cycle. I'm just so upset right now. I don't even know why I'm interviewed year after year, or why I was invited to interview early. I wish all the rest of you well. I put a lot of faith in this school, and they let me down over and over again. I don't understand at all. In what was a small pool of early decision applicants, I felt very good about my chances. I don't anymore. I've seen this movie before.
Please don’t let it get you down. I also reapplied as an ED applicant a few years ago, and also received a no final action letter. I was absolutely gutted at the time. It seemed like a soft rejection letter. I was shocked to then receive an acceptance letter in the mail at Christmas. I’m an L2 now.I was no final action as an ED applicant and moved over to the regular pool. This was also my 4th cycle. I'm just so upset right now. I don't even know why I'm interviewed year after year, or why I was invited to interview early. I wish all the rest of you well. I put a lot of faith in this school, and they let me down over and over again. I don't understand at all. In what was a small pool of early decision applicants, I felt very good about my chances. I don't anymore. I've seen this movie before.
got a no final decision RD applicant.
Ted D. Bear
3.48s/c 511 (125/128/128/130)
when did you go under active review?got a no final decision RD applicant.
I interviewed 9/14when did you go under active review?
Nightshade_21
New Member
For those getting decisions, are these emails, calls, or letters? Also are they getting sent out in waves or a mass dump in the morning?
Mine was email from web admit at 6 pm, not sure if they are in waves or dumps thoughFor those getting decisions, are these emails, calls, or letters? Also are they getting sent out in waves or a mass dump in the morning?
Hello everyone, I am a reapplicant and OOS. Went to LSU for undergrad, currently enrolled at Johns Hopkins pursuing a Master's. My previous application cycle I received a secondary and interview pretty quickly. However, this time around I still have not heard back from the school. I know LSU is primarily in-state but I thought my significant in-state connections would warrant at least a secondary. I believe they haven't sent a secondary because they were waiting for my MCAT score to be released, however I'm not sure. Anyone have some advice for a nervous applicant?
For reference, my stats are
Graduate GPA: 3.94, Undergrad GPA: 3.71 and sGPA of 3.55
MCAT: 497 to 501 to 509 to 517
For reference, my stats are
Graduate GPA: 3.94, Undergrad GPA: 3.71 and sGPA of 3.55
MCAT: 497 to 501 to 509 to 517
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interview day was super chill! It was 3 one on one and I think all open file. I'd say tip is just be yourself and let the conversation flow. If you can find a way to relate to interviewer that always leads to good convo.Congratulations everyone, can you please share your interview experience and tips?
vvmed
New Member
one of my interviews was for sure closed fileThe interview day was super chill! It was 3 one on one and I think all open file. I'd say tip is just be yourself and let the conversation flow. If you can find a way to relate to interviewer that always leads to good convo.
Hey guys, I didn't post right away, but after my whole rant and disappointment about not getting in from ED, I was accepted last week! I think I was moved over to regular and then taken from there. Regardless, I was so surprised and elated to finally get that acceptance after 3 cycles. I can't wait to meet all of you! And for everyone else applying right now, I'm rooting for you!one of my interviews was for sure closed file
Psoas_I_was_saying
Full Member
I'm a non-trad reapplicant. I'm applying this year IS (I moved back to Louisiana over the summer), but last year I applied OOS. This year, I got my secondary literally the week after my AMCAS was processed, but last year I didn't receive my secondary invite until late October and didn't get an II until January. I know it's different for everyone, but don't lose hope! I think it's like you said, they prioritize IS.Hello everyone, I am a reapplicant and OOS. Went to LSU for undergrad, currently enrolled at Johns Hopkins pursuing a Master's. My previous application cycle I received a secondary and interview pretty quickly. However, this time around I still have not heard back from the school. I know LSU is primarily in-state but I thought my significant in-state connections would warrant at least a secondary. I believe they haven't sent a secondary because they were waiting for my MCAT score to be released, however I'm not sure. Anyone have some advice for a nervous applicant?
For reference, my stats are
Graduate GPA: 3.94, Undergrad GPA: 3.71 and sGPA of 3.55
MCAT: 497 to 501 to 509 to 517
readytodoc2021
Full Member
II invite today
same hereII invite today
My letter says supplementary materials will be sent in the spring by emailAfter paying our deposit, when should we be expecting other materials? The letter said that we should be getting more information for registration and orientation...
futbalmnky
New Member
+2same here
Hello everyone, I am a reapplicant and OOS. Went to LSU for undergrad, currently enrolled at Johns Hopkins pursuing a Master's. My previous application cycle I received a secondary and interview pretty quickly. However, this time around I still have not heard back from the school. I know LSU is primarily in-state but I thought my significant in-state connections would warrant at least a secondary. I believe they haven't sent a secondary because they were waiting for my MCAT score to be released, however I'm not sure. Anyone have some advice for a nervous applicant?
Your stats are good dude; do you have any instate ties outside of undergrad? Your odds are against you no matter what . I say you’ll still get II but it’ll be rolled over way later. You should send a LOI tbh for just a friendly nudge at them
Hello, does anyone have any tips for the interview? this is my dream school, and I've done many programs here. I would greatly appreciate any feedback because I don't want to mess this up! thank you
workinprogress123
New Member
I just received my second "file is complete" email from Nola. Did anyone else have anything similar? Just odd I would get the same email again after receiving it only a week ago. Just doing what I do best - over analyzing! :'-)
I think so! I believe they had their committee meeting on Friday to make initial decisions on the new interviewees. Hopefully early this week!October Interviewees should be hearing back this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Asking for a friend! What interview dates were available on the last wave of invites?
Honestly, it seems like they were trying to get to know you as a person while still asking you the typical questions you would expect for a medical school interview. I would say really be yourself and let your personality shine through. That is one of the best ways to leave an impression on them I realized.Hello, does anyone have any tips for the interview? this is my dream school, and I've done many programs here. I would greatly appreciate any feedback because I don't want to mess this up! thank you
mumble crumbs
Full Member
Interviewed on 10/20. Was told the committee was meeting on the 29th and we should get letters by the end of this week.
FutureLAMD
New Member
not yet. The waiting game is terrible.Anyone heard back about decisions today? Heard they usually go out on Wednesday's but do not know how true that is