2021-2022 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does MCG give As for September interviewees all today? Interviewed late Sept and haven't heard anything....
Same dude i was mad worried but seeing others are in the same boat gives me hope haha

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Have any of the accepted made a GroupMe/Facebook yet? DM me if you made one!

Edit: I made one. DM me for a link!

Last edited:
A this morning! Interviewed in late September

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, you might not get a call for your acceptance. Keep an eye on email and portal for status update.

Reactions: 1 user
A word of info for y'all. You can interview during one month and not here on the acceptance day for that month, but be accepted in the next wave the following month. I'm a current M1 and I interviewed in early December last year and didn't get the acceptance email until the last week of January

Members don't see this ad :)
No II yet, been complete since August. Anyone else in the same boat?

Is it considered a good sign if MCG reaches out to you for clarification on something with your app (e.g. verification of residency, question about your transcript, etc.)? Does that tend to point towards an II in the near future or do they ask those kinds of questions of everyone?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Is it considered a good sign if MCG reaches out to you for clarification on something with your app (e.g. verification of residency, question about your transcript, etc.)? Does that tend to point towards an II in the near future or do they ask those kinds of questions of everyone?
This did happen to me, and I did receive an II. I would not necessarily call it the near future though. Good luck!

They asked for a clarification on my residency history and I got an II 1-2 weeks later.

They asked for a clarification on my residency history and I got an II 1-2 weeks later.

same here - they asked for residency verification and then got the II a few weeks later. best of luck :)

Yall's clarification posts are giving me hope, I didn't know other ppl got it too and then got interviews. thank you so much for posting <3

Would you mind sharing your complete date? Also, could you add to the data points above regarding whether MCG contacted you with a question about your app prior to the II, and if so, how long ago?
Secondary submitted 8/27. Request for more info received 10 days before II.

Can I get some interview prep advice? Also any women of color here? I am worried about how to present my hair.

Can I get some interview prep advice? Also any women of color here? I am worried about how to present my hair.
MMI format. Wasn’t the hardest. Also I was the only WOC on my interview day.. a little bit .. daunting.. but it was fine. I wore my hair straight

WOC with an A here. I wore braids. I recommend wearing your hair however you feel comfortable. I would not want to attend a school that did not accept my hair as it is.

Reactions: 7 users
WOC here. Personally, I have been pulling my hair back into a low bun for interviews, including at MCG, but my hair is in a transition phase from a relaxer to natural.

Wear your hair however makes you feel most confident and comfortable!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Id like to know as well please
For sure. I was maybe an unusual case. I was complete in AMCAS late July. Didn't receive the secondary right away, (I actually had to email about it, I was afraid I was screened out as an OOS resident) so I wasn't complete til the end of August I believe. Mid teens MCAT, >3.7 post bacc GPA, career changer coming from a background in education.

Edit: and oh yeah, no they didn't reach out with any questions like that.

Last edited:
Are there supposed to be a wave of A's today?
i think they said they meet once a month on a friday about decisions? so maybe that would be today or next friday. fingers crossed!

edit: just looked at last year's thread and it looks like people we're getting decisions on the 3rd Friday of the month. good luck everyone!!

i think they said they meet once a month on a friday about decisions? so maybe that would be today or next friday. fingers crossed!

edit: just looked at last year's thread and it looks like people we're getting decisions on the 3rd Friday of the month. good luck everyone!!
Yes, I would guess next Fri, Nov. 19th around 8-9am then Dec 17th for the next

Yes, I would guess next Fri, Nov. 19th around 8-9am then Dec 17th for the next
They said in the interview that the ad comm meets once per week and decisions are released once per month. I would agree that it will likely be the third Friday of the month.