2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Total Divas GIF by E!

cmon just reject me already!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
lmao just got hit with the pre-II R it rn just when I posted this. Weird.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if waitlists are accounted for post interview acceptance rate?

When should we expect to get our aid packages? I have completed all the needed forms, credit check and everything.

Reactions: 3 users
When should we expect to get our aid packages? I have completed all the needed forms, credit check and everything.
I emailed about this a while back and got this: "I anticipate we will start sending [financial aid offers] out toward the end of April for files that are complete by the end of February."

I also asked about merit-based: "Need-based Institutional Aid is typically released at the same time as your financial aid offer while merit-based scholarships can be offered before or after you receive your offer e-mail."

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed about this a while back and got this: "I anticipate we will start sending [financial aid offers] out toward the end of April for files that are complete by the end of February."

I also asked about merit-based: "Need-based Institutional Aid is typically released at the same time as your financial aid offer while merit-based scholarships can be offered before or after you receive your offer e-mail."

Thank you for the information. I find this a bit frustrating and I don’t really understand this. We have to narrow down to 3 schools by April 15th. I need to know financial aid to make decisions.

Thank you for the information. I find this a bit frustrating and I don’t really understand this. We have to narrow down to 3 schools by April 15th. I need to know financial aid to make decisions.
I agree, its pretty frustrating schools don't release this information until so late. My decision to come here relies on the financial aid offer and by then i'll be late looking for housing

I agree, its pretty frustrating schools don't release this information until so late. My decision to come here relies on the financial aid offer and by then i'll be late looking for housing
Do you think if we call, we might get a sooner aid offer?

Does anyone know if/when we are supposed to receive our MCW email? I'm trying to complete the 1098-T Tuition Statement Tax Form
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 10.37.15 AM.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think if we call, we might get a sooner aid offer?
I doubt it but wouldnt hurt to try. I was told decisions were to be released mid-April for everyone but maybe sooner for regional since there are fewer students. I'm accepted to GB campus so I'm just hoping its sooner than later

Does anyone know if/when we are supposed to receive our MCW email? I'm trying to complete the 1098-T Tuition Statement Tax Form
View attachment 351532

1098-Ts are forms completed by and provided by a school to report the tuition you paid and aid you received. Since you don’t have an email yet for MCW, I’m going to assume you have not paid tuition yet to MCW and wouldn’t have a 1098-T to retrieve from MCW.

1098-Ts are forms completed by and provided by a school to report the tuition you paid and aid you received. Since you don’t have an email yet for MCW, I’m going to assume you have not paid tuition yet to MCW and wouldn’t have a 1098-T to retrieve from MCW.
Bless you, thank you

Got that sweet sweet A. Milwaukee campus, interviewed on 3/4

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Do we think all IIs here have been sent out at this point?

• Sad
Hello friends, withdrew acceptance today. Best of luck to everyone currently waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Where are we able to find the Parental Assistance Worksheet and FAA for financial aid stuff?

Where are we able to find the Parental Assistance Worksheet and FAA for financial aid stuff?

In MCWConnect > MCWConnect Self Service (a box on the right hand side about halfway down the page) > Finacial Aid > Finacial Aid (a new window will open)

That new window will have a check list of sorts including all the documents you’re looking for.

When waitlisted people get notified though 🥺 sighhhhh i wonder about movement this year

When waitlisted people get notified though 🥺 sighhhhh i wonder about movement this year
Saaaaame. I've been so on edge dude. Thinking we won't hear anything for at least a week or two while they sort through the WL. They have said most movement will be in May though...I'm assuming soon after the May 2nd deadline for narrowing down schools.

The waitlist is in raked right? How do they decide you think—-

The waitlist is in raked right? How do they decide you think—-
I believe they say unranked....but you have to rank it at some point obviously....I'm guessing they'll take the next couple weeks to rank it now that they have all WL candidates. I think unranked just means when you got on the WL doesn't exactly matter. There's an MSAR waitlist procedures document that says it's holistic review, so I'm assuming that's the process going on now. All speculation though lol

It’s a waiting game now….Approx how many go they waitlist ?

Saaaaame. I've been so on edge dude. Thinking we won't hear anything for at least a week or two while they sort through the WL. They have said most movement will be in May though...I'm assuming soon after the May 2nd deadline for narrowing down schools.
It sucks bc it seems like it’s either A or WL for MKE campus so maybe high WL AND if the number of apps was as high this year, then less movement as well maybe 🥲

It sucks bc it seems like it’s either A or WL for MKE campus so maybe high WL AND if the number of apps was as high this year, then less movement as well maybe 🥲
I did see one post-interview R this year (i think it was an early interview - October ish maybe?) but I'm not surprised WL is the most common outcome

There was less movement overall last year due to overfilled classes, so I'm hoping schools have been more cautious with As and that there will be more movement this cycle. I very well could be wrong, but fingers crossed!!

I did see one post-interview R this year (i think it was an early interview - October ish maybe?) but I'm not surprised WL is the most common outcome
It might be for the other campuses? Not sure

I wonder how much of this is reporting bias though. People with As and WLs, especially As, are much more likely to post on here celebrating than someone whose interview didn't go as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone on the Waitlist receive a package filled with a Medical College of Wisconsin hat, lanyard, and letter stating that you were on the waitlist?

For those who have submitted a Credit Report to the financial aid office, did you receive an email confirmation?

It's been over a month since I've sent mine, and I'm considering sending a follow up email.

For those who have submitted a Credit Report to the financial aid office, did you receive an email confirmation?

It's been over a month since I've sent mine, and I'm considering sending a follow up email.

No, but it showed up as received in my MCWConnect checklist a few days later and on my application portal about 2 weeks later.

I received a confirmation.

Do they tell you to upload letters of intent or interest soon? (For those of us waitlisted)

Does certiphi send background checks to the school or do we have to?

Does certiphi send background checks to the school or do we have to?
I am also confused on this because I received and completed it for another school but it still shows incomplete on my checklist

MCW just sent out their match list - is anyone else surprised by the number of Ortho matches, or is this common for them?