2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received any scholarship/grant awards? If it hasn’t happened yet do we know if it will happen before the May 2 date?
They only offered around $3500 grant

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone remember when they said they'd be sending out information about our MCW emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
To the MCW class of 2026, we must reluctantly bid you adieu as we are in process of giving up our acceptance. MCW is a great school and we know 100% you will be highly successful in your quest to become a fine physician.

Hence, another seat is now available. Best wishes.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received any scholarship/grant awards? If it hasn’t happened yet do we know if it will happen before the May 2 date?
I received a scholarship offer about a week ago!

I know they said not to expect WL movement until mid-May but is anyone else low-key hoping for some movement this week

I know they said not to expect WL movement until mid-May but is anyone else low-key hoping for some movement this week
I think they say mid may so that the adcoms can meet again for another holistic review. It seems weird to me they dont have any rank list and that everytime theres a spot open, they meet again... and i am sure they're all busy

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I read their email as that there might be movement in early May, but they wouldn't update us again on whether or not they expected to take more people until mid-May. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long (fingers crossed).

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what MCW provides new students? Do they give us stethoscopes/First Aid books or do we buy those ourselves? Trying to make a grad gift wish list

Does anyone know what MCW provides new students? Do they give us stethoscopes/First Aid books or do we buy those ourselves? Trying to make a grad gift wish list
You order the stethoscope/equipment package from the book store, as well as the free white coat. Information should become available closer to matriculation

How do we go about navigating next steps? I am on the waitlist currently but should I start building my app for next cycle, as in going into aamc and filling out information? i have not re-applied before so unsure how people time it

How do we go about navigating next steps? I am on the waitlist currently but should I start building my app for next cycle, as in going into aamc and filling out information? i have not re-applied before so unsure how people time it
I reapplied this cycle. Aamc transfers pretty much all info over. So you only have to uodate new things or if you want to redo writing. I kept pretty much all writing the same and added new work/activities and focused on improving my secondary writing. Had great success this cycle. But bolster your application however you see fit!

As far as timing. The sooner the better in my opinion. Helped me a lot getting ny apps in months sooner than the previous cycle

As far as timing. The sooner the better in my opinion. Helped me a lot getting ny apps in months sooner than the previous cycle
So ordering transcripts etc, I should be starting now while on waitlist? It’s crazy the cycle doesn’t officially end before the new one

Is anyone here still waiting to hear back from the MSTP program?

Currently on the waitlist at MCW-Green Bay. Got an email update today that the class is full and there will be no waitlist movement this year. Ugh. Anyone who's accepted to MCW-Green Bay planning to resign their A if they get off the waitlist somewhere else? Sounds like my only chance now. Ask around plz! Interviewed at UW Madison and MCW this year. R from Madison. Feeling very discouraged, didn't think i'd have to reapply this year, was focusing on interviews.

• Care
That’s unfortunate news. I’m currently on the Milwaukee waitlist but haven’t heard anything. Based on the past couple years they don’t seem to use the WL much :(

• Sad
Currently on the waitlist at MCW-Green Bay. Got an email update today that the class is full and there will be no waitlist movement this year. Ugh. Anyone who's accepted to MCW-Green Bay planning to resign their A if they get off the waitlist somewhere else? Sounds like my only chance now. Ask around plz! Interviewed at UW Madison and MCW this year. R from Madison. Feeling very discouraged, didn't think i'd have to reapply this year, was focusing on interviews.
On the Milwaukee waitlist, also wasn’t expecting to have to reapply. Try to keep your head up as best you can! The admissions process is pretty mysterious so there’s no shame in not getting in the first time. All we can do is try our best and hope. Best of luck with the waitlist and reapplication if you decide to go down that route :)

• Care
Received an email from MKE saying they plan to accept a few people off the waitlist "over the next few weeks."

Received an email from MKE saying they plan to accept a few people off the waitlist "over the next few weeks."
Same, I'm glad I didn't miss the movement but jfc this waiting has been brutal wondering if they were already pulling from the waitlist! Fingers crossed for us all

Same, I'm glad I didn't miss the movement but jfc this waiting has been brutal wondering if they were already pulling from the waitlist! Fingers crossed for us all
Yeah its been tough. Hard to focus on reapplying while I still have this little nugget of hope. At least now we know some of us are gonna get that A still.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, have been in the accepted student group chats and a lot of MKE students are withdrawing due to poor financial aid packages.

Yeah, have been in the accepted student group chats and a lot of MKE students are withdrawing due to poor financial aid packages.
Yep.. I get notifications almost daily of ppl leaving the group. I figured it was due to financial aid. Welp.

Does anyone know how friendly MCW is to reapplicants? I interviewed in January and was rejected post interview. My MCAT is low and I'm re-taking it next month. Is it likely MCW will give me another interview this cycle?
I know of at least one person in my class who was accepted as a second-time applicant if that's any consolation

i am not sure if someone can help me here. but i am planning on re applying here since i am waitlisted currently but do i need to make sure that my letters are re-dated to 2022? can i resubmit the reference letters from last year?

i am not sure if someone can help me here. but i am planning on re applying here since i am waitlisted currently but do i need to make sure that my letters are re-dated to 2022? can i resubmit the reference letters from last year?
You can re-submit letters but you will need your letter writers to re-upload them to the new cycle's application portal.

In the email they made it seem like there would be very minimal movement?

Any chance anyone's reached out to ask if they've sent any waitlist acceptances already?

Honestly once I hear they've already started and I wasn't part of it, it'd make submitting a reapp a lot easier

Any chance anyone's reached out to ask if they've sent any waitlist acceptances already?

Honestly once I hear they've already started and I wasn't part of it, it'd make submitting a reapp a lot easier
Same, I’m really dragging my feet with my re app

I saw the fb group go up in numbers 😂 not the most accurate way but maybe it was WL movement for MKE

I exchanged a couple emails with admissions and from their wording it sounded like they hadn’t started sending anything out yet. Could be wrong, but they for sure still will be sending out acceptances. A tip I got for reapplying when still waiting on waitlist movement is to submit amcas to only one school so it gets verified early and you don’t have to pay too much, then add schools later if necessary

Reactions: 5 users
dang i literally have not worked on my apps for this year yet :(

You guys definitely need to reapply ASAP if you have no As. You should have already started fixing what might be wrong with your app.

I was on 2 waitlists last year and ended up not getting off. The biggest hole in my app was probably clinical experience so I got a new job as an MA. I applied as early as possible, and it worked out MUCH better this year.

It is not worth shooting yourself in the foot next cycle because you do not want to rewrite and apply early.

You guys definitely need to reapply ASAP if you have no As. You should have already started fixing what might be wrong with your app.

I was on 2 waitlists last year and ended up not getting off. The biggest hole in my app was probably clinical experience so I got a new job as an MA. I applied as early as possible, and it worked out MUCH better this year.

It is not worth shooting yourself in the foot next cycle because you do not want to rewrite and apply early.
I had an almost identical story as @Hypothermia and want to strongly second this. I will add too though, that don't feel pressured to reapply immediately if you think you need more time to get a strong enough application. Another gap year >> (and cheaper) than a rushed application.