You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Lol me too!Just received an email asking if I was still interested in remaining on the alternate list. I would be more interested in getting accepted but they got me by the balls. God speed
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Anyone else almost pee themselves when they saw this email? 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes!!! But also what does their email mean?Anyone else almost pee themselves when they saw this email? 😂
I recall reading somewhere that around mid June MSUCHM will "release" a select group of people from their waitlist and keep a portion on the waitlist for future openings. But that could just be word of mouth and inaccurate. If true, then maybe they are estimating who to keep on or the number of people to drop?Yes!!! But also what does their email mean?
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Why would they estimate if they just asked??? Are we assuming not everyone got an email today?I recall reading somewhere that around mid June MSUCHM will "release" a select group of people from their waitlist and keep a portion on the waitlist for future openings. But that could just be word of mouth and inaccurate. If true, then maybe they are estimating who to keep on or the number of people to drop?
I would assume everyone received the email. Probably just seeing if anyone is already planning on dropping after obtaining leases/planning elsewhere that way those people can be removed off waitlist. Then the remaining people would be dedicated to the program and have no hesitancy accepting. But, once again, this is based off of word of mouth where I'd heard they remove a portion later in June. I certainly could be wrong.Why would they estimate if they just asked??? Are we assuming not everyone got an email today?
Thanks for the information. Does that also mean at this Time they filled in the incoming class?I would assume everyone received the email. Probably just seeing if anyone is already planning on dropping after obtaining leases/planning elsewhere that way those people can be removed off waitlist. Then the remaining people would be dedicated to the program and have no hesitancy accepting. But, once again, this is based off of word of mouth where I'd heard they remove a portion later in June. I certainly could be wrong.
No clue on that end. I've just been assuming waitlist means they have and are just picking up from the pool whenever a spot opens.Thanks for the information. Does that also mean at this Time they filled in the incoming class?
Congrats! Was the call between 6-9pm EST? Also what area code was the call from, not trying to accidentally send them to voicemail 😵💫Got a call from Dr. Maurer this morn, accepted off WL 🥹
futuredr.55
Full Member
Still hoping for some more waitlist movement! Saw the Facebook group go down a couple people so maybe students are still withdrawing.
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
The silence in here is deafening 😂😂😂😭😭😭
Part of me is just telling myself to wait until end of July before I panic, the other part of me is obsessed over checking this forum multiple times a day 🫠The silence in here is deafening 😂😂😂😭😭😭
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Same lolPart of me is just telling myself to wait until end of July before I panic, the other part of me is obsessed over checking this forum multiple times a day 🫠
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like GroupMe went from 100 to 102 members. Anyone get a phone call yesterday?
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
Anyone know when our white coat ceremony is and when classes start?
Not sure of white coat ceremony but first day is 08/22/2022.Anyone know when our white coat ceremony is and when classes start?
White coat ceremony is 08/20/2022 and classes start 08/22/2022Anyone know when our white coat ceremony is and when classes start?
Orientation is 08/08/2022-08/19/2022
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
do you know what orientation entails?White coat ceremony is 08/20/2022 and classes start 08/22/2022
Orientation is 08/08/2022-08/19/2022
I’ve heard it’s like summer camp with lots of ice breakers and team activities. I also think they go over several different aspects of med school through presentations and introduce you to who you’ll be working with, your learning societies, advisors, etc.do you know what orientation entails?
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Not yet as far as I can tell.
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
What the heck does that mean? That they are already full and finalizing next week? Or that they will continue filling next week?Just called admissions. She said that she thinks adcoms are either meeting this upcoming week or the week after to finalize the class and we should know by mid-June if we've been accepted or not. Good luck everyone😮💨
No, the class is not full yet. There are some open spots left which will be filled by mid-June. The committee will meet within the next two weeks to finish filling the class.What the heck does that mean? That they are already full and finalizing next week? Or that they will continue filling next week?
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Ahhh I see what you mean. I thought this was one of those “vanilla” admissions office answers for a second 😂😂😂No, the class is not full yet. There are some open spots left which will be filled by mid-June. The committee will meet within the next two weeks to finish filling the class.
Thanks for doing the leg work for all of us waiting!
Reaaally hoping it’s a big acceptance wave as it has felt so quiet around here otherwise.
Also have offers from schools that start by the end of the month sooooo I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later…
Even if the seats are all currently full, with CTE deadline not for another 30+ days, I’m sure there will be some opening up. Fingers crossed that you get to matriculate at your preferred school, congrats either way!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the acceptance call like half an hour ago from Dr. Maurer!!!!
Stats: In-state, 509 MCAT, 3.67 cumulative GPA, and I think 3.59 science GPA (I know it was 3.5x for sure)
GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS HOPEFULLY YOU ALL GET A CALL SOON QUOTE]
Congrats!
futuredr.55
Full Member
Congrats!! Did you send a letter or any updates?Just got the acceptance call like half an hour ago from Dr. Maurer!!!!
Stats: In-state, 509 MCAT, 3.67 cumulative GPA, and I think 3.59 science GPA (I know it was 3.5x for sure)
GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS HOPEFULLY YOU ALL GET A CALL SOON <3
Just got the call by Dr.Maurer!!! URM 501, 3.6gpa and 3.5sgpa. No update or letter of intent sent
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Do you think you will attend? Congratulations!Just got the call by Dr.Maurer!!! URM 501, 3.6gpa and 3.5sgpa. No update or letter of intent sent
futuredr.55
Full Member
Does MSUCHM only give acceptance offers on tuesdays and wednesdays? Does anybody know?
futuredr.55
Full Member
Glad that more waitlist movement is starting though, it’s been a quiet 2 weeks.
Does MSUCHM only give acceptance offers on tuesdays and wednesdays? Does anybody know?
I’ve seen people claim they have gotten a call on a M, T, W, and F. I’ve read that they usually call between 5-9pm (some saying 6-9pm) and then there’s other people like yesterday and today who got calls in the AM/early PM. And lastly I’ve heard the call showed up in caller ID as “MI State Univ” (an iPhone). East Lansing area code is 517 fyi. And if you don’t answer they leave a voicemail with your acceptance so don’t panic if you missed it, but I’m sure we’d all prefer to have that phone call conversation.
Hope this helps!
I didn’t! I interviewed in February so I didn’t really feel the need for an update letter. The only thing I did was reply to the email they sent asking if we were still interested in remaining on the waitlist.Congrats!! Did you send a letter or any updates?
The caller ID on my phone said “Joel Maurer” and my heart dropped lol. I picked up, said “hello” and then the line cut out 🙁 but I did get a voicemail 2 (very long) mins later hahaI’ve seen people claim they have gotten a call on a M, T, W, and F. I’ve read that they usually call between 5-9pm (some saying 6-9pm) and then there’s other people like yesterday and today who got calls in the AM/early PM. And lastly I’ve heard the call showed up in caller ID as “MI State Univ” (an iPhone). East Lansing area code is 517 fyi. And if you don’t answer they leave a voicemail with your acceptance so don’t panic if you missed it, but I’m sure we’d all prefer to have that phone call conversation.
Hope this helps!
The caller ID on my phone said “Joel Maurer” and my heart dropped lol. I picked up, said “hello” and then the line cut out 🙁 but I did get a voicemail 2 (very long) mins later haha
Oh wow, those 2 minutes must have felt like an eternity! Happy for you, and hoping more calls roll out soon 🙂 thanks for sharing how it showed up on your phone.
My toxic trait is checking my MSU CHM Applicant Portal in case if for some reason my phone wasn’t working when Dr. Maurer calls and hoping I get an exciting update there 🫠
I have been doing that too. The struggle is real.My toxic trait is checking my MSU CHM Applicant Portal in case if for some reason my phone wasn’t working when Dr. Maurer calls and hoping I get an exciting update there 🫠
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
WHATIS applicant, got rejected from WL Friday. Good luck everyone!
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Has anyone else been R from the WL? I didn’t think they would do this until the end of the month. Now I’m sweating
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else been R from the WL? I didn’t think they would do this until the end of the month. Now I’m sweating
I’m wondering the same thing. In my mind I figured they would send out all the As and when seats fill then send out the Rs. I got a call earlier today from Lansing and I couldn’t rip my nitrile gloves off quick enough to answer just to hear a sales pitch from a car dealership [emoji2357] I spared him what I was thinking and just hung up lol
Last edited:
hopefulindividual_
New Member
I also caught the R (IS) on Friday, hoping the people still hanging in there get in! All the best to yall!
[mention]havefaithmd22 [/mention] [mention]hopefulindividual_ [/mention] sorry to hear that, and greatly appreciate your willingness to share with us. Wish you both lots of luck! You both made it this far for a reason so keep your head up.
You guys, I am SHAKING! I just got the call from Dr. Maurer like 15 mins ago, got the acceptance!
IS, this is my number one choice and I’m committing. Interviewed 11/19, Alternate list 12/16
I submitted a LOI, updated activity letter, and additional LoR by another MD first week of April.
I’m pushing out all the positive energy to the rest of you guys still waiting for the call, hang in there!
IS, this is my number one choice and I’m committing. Interviewed 11/19, Alternate list 12/16
I submitted a LOI, updated activity letter, and additional LoR by another MD first week of April.
I’m pushing out all the positive energy to the rest of you guys still waiting for the call, hang in there!
Congratulations! See you in August.You guys, I am SHAKING! I just got the call from Dr. Maurer like 15 mins ago, got the acceptance!
IS, this is my number one choice and I’m committing. Interviewed 11/19, Alternate list 12/16
I submitted a LOI, updated activity letter, and additional LoR by another MD first week of April.
I’m pushing out all the positive energy to the rest of you guys still waiting for the call, hang in there!