-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
None here :////Do decisions come out today?
Likewise, been waiting by my phone since 6 pmNone here :////
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Saaaaame. 2 weeks without a peepLikewise, been waiting by my phone since 6 pm
Congrats mate
I JUST GOT IN!!! Omggg
I interviewed the same day, congratsJust got the call!!!! My interview was on 2/11.
Did anything in your portal change to indicate the acceptance?Accepted via phone call! I interviewed on 11/29
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Sir or madam… you just made my night. I am sitting over here in a puddle of sadness having not heard from 1/14Accepted via phone call! I interviewed on 11/29
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
What interview dayI JUST GOT IN!!! Omggg
No not yet. They did mention that more information would come later this week though.Did anything in your portal change to indicate the acceptance?
2/11!What interview day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭Welp, see you all next tuesday
I can’t. Have to work
Alternate List, interviewed 1/14 OOS
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Alternate list, also interviewed 1/14
Tell us about the student panel would you pleaseAlternate list OOS interviewed 2/11. Got hit with the email in the middle of the student panel 😭
Hoping you get inAlternate list, also interviewed 1/14
Mainly M1 and M2 students. They seemed very genuine and transparent with their experiences.Tell us about the student panel would you please
Things discussed:
- GR vs EL. Both campuses have pros and cons related to the community but ultimately have the same resources.
- A lot of support and camaraderie between students. Not a competitive atmosphere at all.
- They all seemed really pleased with the early clinical exposure. Still have plenty of time to study and be prepared for class despite all the activities (including those that are part of the certificate programs).
- Plenty of resources/options for research and mental health assistance.
My brain was depleted of oxygen for the last 20 minutes after I got the alternate list email 🥲 so if I missed anything it would be great for anyone else to fill us in!
Hope this helps
Miss.Sellers
Full Member
Thank you. Idk what to send for updates and whatnot. Not sure if they actually make a difference:/Hoping you get in
I would definitely consider sending a letter of intent maybe after a week or 2 if MSUCHM is your number one choiceThank you. Idk what to send for updates and whatnot. Not sure if they actually make a difference:/
digidoctor
New Member
Hi everyone, I'm a new sdn user. I got accepted last Tuesday and wanted to ask if the AMCAS CYMS option does not show until the conditional acceptance is changed to a formal acceptance?
I am also newly accepted and I don’t have the option on amcas yet. Did anyone receive their background check email yet?? I haven’t
Hi everyone, I'm a new sdn user. I got accepted last Tuesday and wanted to ask if the AMCAS CYMS option does not show until the conditional acceptance is changed to a formal acceptance?
Any acceptances today yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected this morning
You really only need to send it to the school where you will enrollMy background check said that it was "automatically released on Feb. 25." Do I need to send my background check over to medical schools? Or do they have access to it now
I'm trying to send it to MSU, since I know they have to turn my conditional acceptance into a formal one. But, I am unsure how I should send it to MSU. Any tips?You really only need to send it to the school where you will enroll
If your Certiphi portal says "Released to Schools" then it has already been sent electronically. It requires no further action on your part.I'm trying to send it to MSU, since I know they have to turn my conditional acceptance into a formal one. But, I am unsure how I should send it to MSU. Any tips?
I feel like most people will be accepted off the waitlist after April 30th.Has anyone been accepted off the Waitlist yet?
wholewheatbread
New Member
Hello all! I am an M1 at CHM on spring break! AMA - DM me your questions and I will answer them in a series of posts over the next few days!
Hi🙂 do you mind giving like an in depth explanation of how the classes work? Are lectures mandatory? Any tips for incoming M1’s? Sorry if that was a lotHello all! I am an M1 at CHM on spring break! AMA - DM me your questions and I will answer them in a series of posts over the next few days!
wholewheatbread
New Member
Sure!Hi🙂 do you mind giving like an in depth explanation of how the classes work? Are lectures mandatory? Any tips for incoming M1’s? Sorry if that was a lot
For classes: every Monday morning you have Large Group which largely reviews and expands on material from the weekend. You have one simulation per week where you learn physical exam skills, etc… One anatomy lab per week and one IBL lab per week, which is basically histology. There are two small groups per week, and I think this is some of the most valuable time to discuss, clarify, and solidify understanding of material. Finally, you have your clinic experience in there! Everything is pretty much required, but because of the flipped classroom model, you’re not in 8-5 lectures all day, every day.
My biggest tip would be to keep in mind that this school gives you a lot of autonomy over how you learn material. This can make it VERY easy to get bogged down in comparing yourself to others. Keep in mind that no two students study the exact same way, and if you try something and it doesn’t work for you, try something new!
digidoctor
New Member
How long does the Certiphi background check take? I submitted mine on Feb 23 and it still says "not completed", but I'm not sure if I should be worried and contacting them or if it will still take longer...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
I'm going to just in case!For those who received the campus placement email today, can we fill that form out even if we aren't 100% sure if we're going to attend in the fall?
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
for the scholarship essays, does anyone know how are we supposed to write it? is it supposed to be personal statement/experiences caliber or more straight forward?