2021-2022 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe you select a preference sometime in April. Typically there are more students that prefer the GR location and I've been told it's a lottery drawing to choose.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via phone call! I interviewed on 11/29

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone doing the student panel tomorrow?

Any ideas or estimates of how many people are accepted off the waitlist?

Alternate list OOS interviewed 2/11. Got hit with the email in the middle of the student panel 😭

Tell us about the student panel would you please
Mainly M1 and M2 students. They seemed very genuine and transparent with their experiences.

Things discussed:
- GR vs EL. Both campuses have pros and cons related to the community but ultimately have the same resources.
- A lot of support and camaraderie between students. Not a competitive atmosphere at all.
- They all seemed really pleased with the early clinical exposure. Still have plenty of time to study and be prepared for class despite all the activities (including those that are part of the certificate programs).
- Plenty of resources/options for research and mental health assistance.

My brain was depleted of oxygen for the last 20 minutes after I got the alternate list email 🥲 so if I missed anything it would be great for anyone else to fill us in!

Hope this helps

Thank you. Idk what to send for updates and whatnot. Not sure if they actually make a difference:/
I would definitely consider sending a letter of intent maybe after a week or 2 if MSUCHM is your number one choice

Hi everyone, I'm a new sdn user. I got accepted last Tuesday and wanted to ask if the AMCAS CYMS option does not show until the conditional acceptance is changed to a formal acceptance?

I am also newly accepted and I don’t have the option on amcas yet. Did anyone receive their background check email yet?? I haven’t
Hi everyone, I'm a new sdn user. I got accepted last Tuesday and wanted to ask if the AMCAS CYMS option does not show until the conditional acceptance is changed to a formal acceptance?

I got waitlisted. Interviewed 2/14. Does anyone know how many they typically accept from the waitlist?

My background check said that it was "automatically released on Feb. 25." Do I need to send my background check over to medical schools? Or do they have access to it now

You really only need to send it to the school where you will enroll
I'm trying to send it to MSU, since I know they have to turn my conditional acceptance into a formal one. But, I am unsure how I should send it to MSU. Any tips?

I'm trying to send it to MSU, since I know they have to turn my conditional acceptance into a formal one. But, I am unsure how I should send it to MSU. Any tips?
If your Certiphi portal says "Released to Schools" then it has already been sent electronically. It requires no further action on your part.

Has anyone been accepted off the Waitlist yet?

Does anyone know when scholarships applications open? I thought it was March 1st.

Hello all! I am an M1 at CHM on spring break! AMA - DM me your questions and I will answer them in a series of posts over the next few days!

Hello all! I am an M1 at CHM on spring break! AMA - DM me your questions and I will answer them in a series of posts over the next few days!
Hi:) do you mind giving like an in depth explanation of how the classes work? Are lectures mandatory? Any tips for incoming M1’s? Sorry if that was a lot

Hi:) do you mind giving like an in depth explanation of how the classes work? Are lectures mandatory? Any tips for incoming M1’s? Sorry if that was a lot
Sure!
For classes: every Monday morning you have Large Group which largely reviews and expands on material from the weekend. You have one simulation per week where you learn physical exam skills, etc… One anatomy lab per week and one IBL lab per week, which is basically histology. There are two small groups per week, and I think this is some of the most valuable time to discuss, clarify, and solidify understanding of material. Finally, you have your clinic experience in there! Everything is pretty much required, but because of the flipped classroom model, you’re not in 8-5 lectures all day, every day.

My biggest tip would be to keep in mind that this school gives you a lot of autonomy over how you learn material. This can make it VERY easy to get bogged down in comparing yourself to others. Keep in mind that no two students study the exact same way, and if you try something and it doesn’t work for you, try something new!

Reactions: 1 users
How long does the Certiphi background check take? I submitted mine on Feb 23 and it still says "not completed", but I'm not sure if I should be worried and contacting them or if it will still take longer...

Just got the call, accepted!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I had a question about the dean certification forms, do we have to reach out to the schools we went to ourselves or is there a place in the portal for us to submit the forms and CHM will take care of it?

First year student, just dropping in to answer any questions that any of you great people may have! Feel free to message me if you would like to talk in private

For those who received the campus placement email today, can we fill that form out even if we aren't 100% sure if we're going to attend in the fall?