You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yup—it hasn't yet marked my CASPer as received, though every other school has.any body else submitted the secodnary last week and dont have their casper score checked off?
D
deleted1073602
+2Yup—it hasn't yet marked my CASPer as received, though every other school has.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
serotonin1
Full Member
email from admissions posted above! Don’t worry about casper
“There is a technical issue between CASPer and our application vendor, that is not allowing any scores to be downloaded. It should be resolved next week!”
From Admissions!
shendershot
Full Member
How OOS friendly is Michigan State? I received a secondary but am trying to decide how much of a chance I have, my stats are pretty good but I'm getting conflicting information online 🙂
Capture.the.dr3am
Full Member
Hey all, future M1 starting in a couple weeks after being accepted last cycle. Just wanted to wish you all luck as you bust through secondary applications! I found it helpful to briefly research the school (15-20 minutes; goals, mission statement, etc.) and then use personal examples that subtly incorporated/were guided by my findings to formulate my answers when possible. Remember, you want to show the adcom why you are a good fit for whatever program you are applying. Also, I listened to Taylor’s folklore on repeat while working on applications. Not saying that was the secret to my success last cycle, but I would not change a thing. 😎
Sameany body else submitted the secodnary last week and dont have their casper score checked off?
May I ask if you were in state and your stats?? When did you get II and did you get notified of acceptance?Hey all, future M1 starting in a couple weeks after being accepted last cycle. Just wanted to wish you all luck as you bust through secondary applications! I found it helpful to briefly research the school (15-20 minutes; goals, mission statement, etc.) and then use personal examples that subtly incorporated/were guided by my findings to formulate my answers when possible. Remember, you want to show the adcom why you are a good fit for whatever program you are applying. Also, I listened to Taylor’s folklore on repeat while working on applications. Not saying that was the secret to my success last cycle, but I would not change a thing. 😎
D
deleted1111835
just got an email:
Congratulations! Your application has moved to the next step in the application process! Your status is now “forwarded for preliminary review”.
anyone know if this means I made it through some screening or something/turnaround time?
Congratulations! Your application has moved to the next step in the application process! Your status is now “forwarded for preliminary review”.
anyone know if this means I made it through some screening or something/turnaround time?
+1just got an email:
Congratulations! Your application has moved to the next step in the application process! Your status is now “forwarded for preliminary review”.
anyone know if this means I made it through some screening or something/turnaround time?
serotonin1
Full Member
+2 ISjust got an email:
Congratulations! Your application has moved to the next step in the application process! Your status is now “forwarded for preliminary review”.
anyone know if this means I made it through some screening or something/turnaround time?
anyone know if this means I made it through some screening or something/turnaround time?
No, it's just a standard "your application is now complete" email.
Same and I'm IS. I got that first mistake email they sent to everyone, but haven't heard anything since.Has anyone else not received a secondary? Only school haven't received a secondary from so I think its kind of weird - OOS verified first day
you have to pay the secondary fee in the portal from that 1st email then you get access to the secondary promptsSame and I'm IS. I got that first mistake email they sent to everyone, but haven't heard anything since.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you have to pay the secondary fee in the portal from that 1st email then you get access to the secondary prompts
wow i can't believe i missed that. thank u for saving me friend!
what does the +1 or +2 mean+2 IS
It basically means "me too"what does the +1 or +2 mean
commenting for updates
I feel the exact same way now that I'm finally getting to this secondary. Shall I write two sentences per social injustice to fit it all in? I mean I won't but I wish schools could get feedback on their questions :/Someone needs to talk me down from the ledge about the watershed moment essay. I really want to be like "uhhh America has been full of watershed moments for the past 200 years and we just continue to screw it up."
Okay, not those exact words, but you get the idea.
Shoutout to me who's been stressing about not receiving a secondary from this school and then I searched it in my email and lo and behold I had received it TWO WEEKS AGO. I'm a dumb clown, don't be like me. CHECK YOUR SPAMS OOS PPL
bluezfan11
New Member
Does anyone know if they started sending out interview invites yet?
Last edited:
Nothing yet it seemsany interviews?
I think they are still working on 2021 applications. my friend got off of the waitlist a few days ago.Nothing yet it seems
I never received the supplemental app after that incident really early on where they sent the supplemental app to everyone who sent a primary. Im an Ohio applicant so I am really close to michigan and I don't think there is a pre screening problem based on grades or MCAT, is this normal? I've recieved like 46 secondaries and still nothing from michigan state.
Check your spamsI never received the supplemental app after that incident really early on where they sent the supplemental app to everyone who sent a primary. Im an Ohio applicant so I am really close to michigan and I don't think there is a pre screening problem based on grades or MCAT, is this normal? I've recieved like 46 secondaries and still nothing from michigan state.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's nothing in there. I can log in to the applicant portal with the account I made at the time of the incident, but I still don't see the secondaries essays or anything, Should I email them?Check your spams
pay the fee then you'll get the promptsThere's nothing in there. I can log in to the applicant portal with the account I made at the time of the incident, but I still don't see the secondaries essays or anything, Should I email them?
I'm a fool in a mans shoes... Thank you haha. So was this all that I needed to do since I recieved it in early July? I remember them saying the secondary was not meant to open until July 12th, is that how long I have delayed my app to Michigan state? D:pay the fee then you'll get the prompts
What a great line, @Dunk3 😊I'm a fool in a mans shoes...
It is pretty hard to keep track of the way each school structures its secondary app sequence so don't feel too bad & let us know if paying the fee solved the problem !
Last edited:
It did!!!!What a great line, @Dunk3 😊
It is pretty hard to keep track of the way each school structures its secondary app sequence so don't feel too bad & let us know if paying the fee solved the problem !
I'm still under prelim review. Anyone have any decision on portal yet?
+1I'm still under prelim review. Anyone have any decision on portal yet?
Based on previous threads, your status won't change until you are extended an interview, put on a pre-interview hold, or rejected.I'm still under prelim review. Anyone have any decision on portal yet?
Last year, invites were extended around August 26th.
OOS + connections to the state, received Michigan State's secondary on 8/2, submitted and status changed to “forwarded for preliminary review” on 8/5. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot of last year's thread, but when were OOS applicants generally notified that they got an interview? I see an OOS interviewed on 10/7 and accepted a little under 2 weeks later but not when he got his interview invite. Saw a lot of IS talking about receiving it by as early as the end of August.
D
deleted1073602
seems like you're looking at the secondary for the DO school! This is the sdn page for michigan state's MD school 🙂'm only seeing 3 questions in the "Profile" section of the portal. These questions are much simpler than the ones in this thread talking about a watershed moment and whatnot.
What skills and traits do you think are essential in becoming an effective osteopathic physician?
As a student, how do you see yourself contributing to the educational community and diversity of MSUCOM?
Is there any aspect of medicine you think you do not like? If so, what, and why not?
Am I supposed to answer these questions, pay, and then receive the ones mentioned in this thread?
Am I missing something hahaha why are my questions not the same as your guys?
Did anyone else apply to any of the certificate programs? LRM/LMU? Are they competitive?
does anyone understand why the median stats for OOS acceptees are significantly lower than IS on MSAR?
My theory would be that the ones with better stats may have been admitted to their in-state school and chosen to attend there because of in-state tuition at a lower cost.does anyone understand why the median stats for OOS acceptees are significantly lower than IS on MSAR?
does anyone understand why the median stats for OOS acceptees are significantly lower than IS on MSAR?
Maybe I'm just naïve but MSU's website says that they believe OOS students help contribute to diversity of the school. Maybe the stats are an extension of that. In other words, perhaps the most diverse OOS students just happened to have lower stats. On MSAR, the average MCAT of OOS ACCEPTEES (not matriculants) is 504. I think it's even more plausible because they only interviewed about 150 OOS applicants out of well over 6000: if they were worried about stats alone then their average would be much higher. They also seemed to REALLY hammer diversity and inclusion on their website so I'm inclined to believe that mission alignment is their biggest factor when assessing who to interview.My theory would be that the ones with better stats may have been admitted to their in-state school and chosen to attend there because of in-state tuition at a lower cost.
Last edited:
serotonin1
Full Member
II just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, ISII just now!
II just now!
Congrats!!! When were you guys complete?+1, IS
serotonin1
Full Member
7/12!Congrats!!! When were you guys complete?
Ooh nice and early. Did they say anything about potential dates for the interview?7/12!
Forwarded to review 7/22 (submitted 7/19)Congrats!!! When were you guys complete?