You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So overwhelmed rn. First II about 20 minutes ago! IS Forwarded for review on 07/27. LM 76 but with lower GPA
serotonin1
Full Member
Yes! They gave me an assigned date a couple weeks from nowOoh nice and early. Did they say anything about potential dates for the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II about 30 min ago!!! IS
Congratulations!!! I'm OOS and I completed mine on 8/5 but hopefully I'll be right there with everyone landing IIs next wave! Best of luck in your interviews, you're gonna kill it!So overwhelmed rn. First II about 20 minutes ago! IS Forwarded for review on 07/27. LM 76 but with lower GPA
Are you comfortable sharing your gpa and mcat?So overwhelmed rn. First II about 20 minutes ago! IS Forwarded for review on 07/27. LM 76 but with lower GPA
Hey everyone! Does anyone know how Casper is used in admissions decisions? Is it heavily weighted?
Do you mind sharing your statsForwarded to review 7/22 (submitted 7/19)
Seems like it for now at leastSo they’re only doing IS interviews rn it seems?
what does IS stand forSo they’re only doing IS interviews rn it seems?
In-State (OOS means Out Of State)what does IS stand for
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
serotonin1
Full Member
For those who have interviewed, did they say we would hear back the first release date 10/6 or that it could be any of the listed dates?
Telmisartan
Full Member
+1; also wondering how much weight is put on CASPer, if any... it sounds like some schools are collecting data but not yet using it for application scoringHey everyone! Does anyone know how Casper is used in admissions decisions? Is it heavily weighted?
Telmisartan
Full Member
From my understanding, they require CASPer as well as new MCAT scores prior to reviewing your application and granting an interviewHey guys, does anyone know if CASPER is required to be granted and interview? Or am I able to take CASPER after the interview?
Congrats!!!!! What were your stats?II IS earlier this afternoon! complete 7/27!!!! 🙂
thank you so much!! stats are 4.0 gpa and 51X mcat 🙂Congrats!!!!! What were your stats?
Telmisartan
Full Member
Does Michigan state send out an email notifying you when your secondary application has been reviewed? Or do they only contact you if invited for an interview?
I've seen you ask this is several different threads...... are you wanting to receive a rejection? Chill man, stay positive..... remember The Secret? Negative thinking attracts negative results 🤣Anyone knows when they start sending rejections?
O
I can’t stay + when I haven’t heard anything from any of the schools that i have applied to.
I rather to receive a rejection earlier in the cycle than later. I just need to know if i have to study for the mcat again or not 😅. Sorry if that makes you feel bad .
I've seen you ask this is several different threads...... are you wanting to receive a rejection? Chill man, stay positive..... remember The Secret? Negative thinking attracts negative results
I can’t stay + when I haven’t heard anything from any of the schools that i have applied to.
I rather to receive a rejection earlier in the cycle than later. I just need to know if i have to study for the mcat again or not 😅. Sorry if that makes you feel bad .
All I'm saying is that a school might send out 100 rejections tomorrow, but remain silent about your application and not reject you until January or even later (god forbid they decide to reject you in the first place). Schools don't care whether you'd like to be rejected early or later. All I'm saying is that you don't have any control over it. If they start rejecting, we will know because someone will post it. But in the meantime, take a breather. Stressing out won't help snag that II or A, so why spend time being miserable? That during an already soul-sucking time? If it makes you feel better and if you're that anxious, just do some MCAT review for 1-2 hours a day to keep up with the material.I can’t stay + when I haven’t heard anything from any of the schools that i have applied to.
I rather to receive a rejection earlier in the cycle than later. I just need to know if i have to study for the mcat again or not 😅. Sorry if that makes you feel bad .
😣. I hope everyone hears something good in the next few days. Best of luck to everyone ❤All I'm saying is that a school might send out 100 rejections tomorrow, but remain silent about your application and not reject you until January or even later (god forbid they decide to reject you in the first place). Schools don't care whether you'd like to be rejected early or later. All I'm saying is that you don't have any control over it. If they start rejecting, we will know because someone will post it. But in the meantime, take a breather. Stressing out won't help snag that II or A, so why spend time being miserable? That during an already soul-sucking time? If it makes you feel better and if you're that anxious, just do some MCAT review for 1-2 hours a day to keep up with the material.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just hang in there! I haven't heard a peep from any school I've applied to either. I had one DO ii, which turned into a WL. I felt sad for a day and thought meh. It's October, so send in updates if you have any! But most importantly, take a breather.😣. I hope everyone hears something good in the next few days. Best of luck to everyone ❤
serotonin1
Full Member
ACCEPTED just now! Got a call from the Dean I could faint
ACCEPTED! I had a voicemail (I missed the phone call). I heard the message during clinic and basically everyone in the clinic was cheering and dancing in celebration! This is a day I’m never going to forget.
This is so touching, congrats!!! 🙂
JRabotnick
Full Member
ACCEPTED 🙌 I got the call just after 1pm. Was with my fiance when I got the call, she screamed so loudly in public that everyone around us got scared. 😭 so many emotions, mostly tears of joy, disbelief, and shock.
fortifiedfrontier
Full Member
Was not expecting that, having interviewed only 11 days ago. They called me and accepted me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope, OOS no ties, bordering stateAnyone OOS get an interview here yet?
Hello,
I have been searching and haven't found an answer to my question. Please forgive my ignorance.
Are either the one-on-one or MMI interviews open-file? Meaning do the people conducting them have my application with them, or are they in any way familiar with me as an applicant? I know it may seem odd given the format of MMI's and the fact that it's a current student doing the one-on-one for them to have my application, but in preparing this would impact how I answer questions.
Any feedback is appreciated.
I have been searching and haven't found an answer to my question. Please forgive my ignorance.
Are either the one-on-one or MMI interviews open-file? Meaning do the people conducting them have my application with them, or are they in any way familiar with me as an applicant? I know it may seem odd given the format of MMI's and the fact that it's a current student doing the one-on-one for them to have my application, but in preparing this would impact how I answer questions.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Michiganbtw
New Member
Hello! Did my interview for MSU CHM on 9/24 and the one-on-one interview was open file, but I'm not sure about the MMIHello,
I have been searching and haven't found an answer to my question. Please forgive my ignorance.
Are either the one-on-one or MMI interviews open-file? Meaning do the people conducting them have my application with them, or are they in any way familiar with me as an applicant? I know it may seem odd given the format of MMI's and the fact that it's a current student doing the one-on-one for them to have my application, but in preparing this would impact how I answer questions.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Hello,Hello! Did my interview for MSU CHM on 9/24 and the one-on-one interview was open file, but I'm not sure about the MMI
Thank you, in doing more research I've found quite a bit of supplementary information to go through and it's answering a lot of questions.
doctorwannabe252
Full Member
OOS, complete 9/13, just got the R, good luck to everyone else!
Aw ****, so it's starting huh..... best wishes for your other applications, friend.OOS, complete 9/13, just got the R, good luck to everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait, had they only reviewed IS up until now?I guess theyre finally starting to review OOS apps?
And there is the R, good luck friends! Complete 7/29/2021
+1OOS pre-II R, complete late july