2021-2022 New York Med

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no complete email

I had someone from their admissions department contact me to clarify my letter of recs before they marked me as complete. Maybe check your spam/promotions/etc. folders to see if you might have missed an email like that?
 
I had someone from their admissions department contact me to clarify my letter of recs before they marked me as complete. Maybe check your spam/promotions/etc. folders to see if you might have missed an email like that?
Hey thanks for letting me know. Yeah I have nothing in spam either which is weird.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you checked your junk mail?
Still nothing. Think I should message them about it? To clarify, I submitted my primary app, received an email to complete the secondary, and submitted that on 6/28. I have not received a confirmation email after that.
 
Last edited:
Still nothing. Think I should message them about it? To clarify, I submitted my primary app, received an email to complete the secondary, and submitted that on 6/28. I have not received a confirmation email after that.
I wouldn’t be concerned because I also have not received any email and submitted it the same day as you and have everything in
 
Still nothing. Think I should message them about it? To clarify, I submitted my primary app, received an email to complete the secondary, and submitted that on 6/28. I have not received a confirmation email after that.
Submitted secondary on 06/25, and received application complete email on 07/05.

Edit: I had a hold on my app processing cause of a LOR, but sorted it out and got the app complete email 4 days later.
 
My application is shown as finished in the portal but still no email. Hesitant to reach out because it says in the portal not to ask about application status. However, this is a really important school for me and I cannot bear the thought of having my application not be reviewed for some stupid technical issue.
 
My application is shown as finished in the portal but still no email. Hesitant to reach out because it says in the portal not to ask about application status. However, this is a really important school for me and I cannot bear the thought of having my application not be reviewed for some stupid technical issue.
I believe the app finished on the student portal is just saying you submitted your secondary app. They still need to take some time to verify your LORs etc. App complete email took 10 days to get to me, so check to see if it comes in sometime this coming week!
 
Still haven't got the complete email. Does the NYMC portal show that you are complete?
It's so weird how some people are complete faster than others and it doesn't matter when you submitted. Think it's worth reaching out to the school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i submitted 6/25 but admissions emailed me about my graduate courses 6/29 - sorted out the issue that day and got the complete email 6/30. i think it might have happened so quickly bc someone had manually checked my application, so i wouldnt be too concerned about it not being complete yet
 
I thought people here were receiving a secondary before they were verified? I was verified today and still have not received one
 
i received a phone call from someone at admissions to confirm my LOR, anyone else receive one as well?

edit: specifically, they just asked me which ones are my science and which are my non-science
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i received a phone call from someone at admissions to confirm my LOR, anyone else receive one as well?

edit: specifically, they just asked me which ones are my science and which are my non-science
No phone call for me, but they reached out over email to confirm my letters, especially my grad letter since I pursued a master's.
 
Is it worth calling this school? If you're still not marked as complete and you submitted a while ago.
 
I got an email saying that I need to submit a letter from my major to be marked as complete. Has anyone gotten around this requirement or is it absolutely required?
 
I got an email saying that I need to submit a letter from my major to be marked as complete. Has anyone gotten around this requirement or is it absolutely required?
I emailed the adcom and they said that if you somehow cannot ask for a letter from your major (this was me bc I have already been out of school for a while and the virtual switch from COVID and stuff made it much harder to reach out to my professors), you must send in a formal letter stating why and such. This will let your app moves on to be reviewed without the requested major LOR. Hope that makes sense!
 
Do you guys think they will send out IIs soon? In 2019-2020, they began at around July 16th... hmm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the requirement to have a recommendation letter from someone in your major department still applies if your premed advisor submits a letter packet, not a committee letter? Their instructions only say that it's required if submitting three individual letters.