Quantcast

2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Thank you to @hadv3r fr sharing this year's questions!

2021-2022 Penn State Secondary Essay Prompts:

1) If not currently enrolled in a full-time academic program, please summate your activities from the time of graduation from your baccalaureate program through the time of this application, as well as your plans between now and your matriculation to medical school. (Maximum 75 words)
    2) Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)
    3) Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine. (Maximum 75 words)
    4) Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting. (Maximum 250 words)
    5) Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations. (Maximum 250 words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Last edited:

kbRD2MD84

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Does anyone know if they have a recency requirement for prerequisites? I reached out but haven't heard anything back.

Reactions: 1 user

L242

Reaction score
    Would anyone who is currently in the University Park Program be able to talk about their experiences so far?
    Do you take classes with all of the other medical students or is it just with the 12 students that get chosen? In your opinion, do you think it hurts or helps being with such a small group?
    Is there a certain GPA/MCAT cut off to be accepted into the program?

Sorry for so many questions :D

justin55

5+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Everyone still waiting for a secondary from this school? Wondering if this school has always been a little late sending them out or if there's an email issue?
    I was verified 7/1 OOS

Reactions: 1 users

MrPankow

Reaction score
    Everyone still waiting for a secondary from this school? Wondering if this school has always been a little late sending them out or if there's an email issue?
    I was verified 7/1 OOS
    Verified day one and im still waiting

Reactions: 1 users

Kamill

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    During my first time, I got their secondary on 07/18, if that helps

ASV444

Reaction score
    Anyone know how they take the Casper exam into consideration when reviewing applications? Like is there a certain percentile cutoff you need to hit or anything like that?

justin55

5+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Just got my casper results back today (3rd quartile) hoping that’s good enough 😅

Reactions: 4 users

tennisstar201

Reaction score
    Um, did anyone have the chance to email admissions for duet and snapshot. I'm really not tryna take those.

RamsUp

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Secondary received, IS

hadv3r

Reaction score
    Just received secondary. The prompts are @wysdoc :

1) If not currently enrolled in a full-time academic program, please summate your activities from the time of graduation from your baccalaureate program through the time of this application, as well as your plans between now and your matriculation to medical school. (Maximum 75 words)
    2) Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)
    3) Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine. (Maximum 75 words)
    4) Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting. (Maximum 250 words)
    5) Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations. (Maximum 250 words)

Reactions: 6 users

HeartyRD

Reaction score
    +1 Secondary, OOS
    Completed and submitted this morning 🙌

Last edited:

byokemyst

Reaction score
    The "read me" section of the secondary says that applicants need to do a VITA interview before scheduling an interview.
    Are applicants only supposed to complete VITA upon receiving an interview invitation or should we preemptively do that now?

serotonin1

Reaction score
    Received and submitted, notification says complete email will be sent in several weeks!

winter_Ad3030

Reaction score
    The "read me" section of the secondary says that applicants need to do a VITA interview before scheduling an interview.
    Are applicants only supposed to complete VITA upon receiving an interview invitation or should we preemptively do that now?
    I believe you receive an invite to complete VITA once you are invited for an interview at a school that uses VITA

Throwawayaccount777

Reaction score
    I believe you receive an invite to complete VITA once you are invited for an interview at a school that uses VITA
    didn't vita end last year? i think they didnt update their secondary because it also says "entering class of 2021"

fingerscrossed1085

Reaction score
    How strict are they with the LOR requirement from non-science faculty?
    I think the specific requirements were only if you did not submit a letter packet or committee letter? I might be wrong but that is what it seemed like to me. So if you did submit one of those two then there is no exact requirement as to who your letters are from.

HeartyRD

Reaction score
    15B29547-5FFF-4F88-8042-D89E598C19A5.jpeg

Snoop32

Reaction score
    Submitted application but still says incomplete on the status page? Anyone else having this problem?