2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @hadv3r fr sharing this year's questions!

2021-2022 Penn State Secondary Essay Prompts:

1) If not currently enrolled in a full-time academic program, please summate your activities from the time of graduation from your baccalaureate program through the time of this application, as well as your plans between now and your matriculation to medical school. (Maximum 75 words)
2) Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)
3) Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine. (Maximum 75 words)
4) Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting. (Maximum 250 words)
5) Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations. (Maximum 250 words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone this cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if they have a recency requirement for prerequisites? I reached out but haven't heard anything back.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone who is currently in the University Park Program be able to talk about their experiences so far?
Do you take classes with all of the other medical students or is it just with the 12 students that get chosen? In your opinion, do you think it hurts or helps being with such a small group?
Is there a certain GPA/MCAT cut off to be accepted into the program?

Sorry for so many questions :D

Everyone still waiting for a secondary from this school? Wondering if this school has always been a little late sending them out or if there's an email issue?
I was verified 7/1 OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone still waiting for a secondary from this school? Wondering if this school has always been a little late sending them out or if there's an email issue?
I was verified 7/1 OOS
Verified day one and im still waiting

Reactions: 1 users
During my first time, I got their secondary on 07/18, if that helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how they take the Casper exam into consideration when reviewing applications? Like is there a certain percentile cutoff you need to hit or anything like that?

Just got my casper results back today (3rd quartile) hoping that’s good enough 😅

Reactions: 4 users
silence...?

Reactions: 3 users
Um, did anyone have the chance to email admissions for duet and snapshot. I'm really not tryna take those.

Secondary received, IS

+1 Secondary, OOS
Completed and submitted this morning 🙌

Last edited:
The "read me" section of the secondary says that applicants need to do a VITA interview before scheduling an interview.
Are applicants only supposed to complete VITA upon receiving an interview invitation or should we preemptively do that now?

Received and submitted, notification says complete email will be sent in several weeks!

The "read me" section of the secondary says that applicants need to do a VITA interview before scheduling an interview.
Are applicants only supposed to complete VITA upon receiving an interview invitation or should we preemptively do that now?
I believe you receive an invite to complete VITA once you are invited for an interview at a school that uses VITA

I believe you receive an invite to complete VITA once you are invited for an interview at a school that uses VITA
didn't vita end last year? i think they didnt update their secondary because it also says "entering class of 2021"

How strict are they with the LOR requirement from non-science faculty?
I think the specific requirements were only if you did not submit a letter packet or committee letter? I might be wrong but that is what it seemed like to me. So if you did submit one of those two then there is no exact requirement as to who your letters are from.

Even though this is a private school, are PA residents favored heavily?

15B29547-5FFF-4F88-8042-D89E598C19A5.jpeg

Submitted application but still says incomplete on the status page? Anyone else having this problem?

hey! does anybody know if the accelerated pathways are for like the tip top students (high stats), I am really interested in one, but definitely not super high stat applciant so wondering if its even worth putting my interest down.