2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m IS but I still haven’t heard back yet 7/28 :/ keeping the faith!
Don't get psyched out friend. Long cycle, people get interviews every month. If you're not in the first batch its ok.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II IS LM 70

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I unfortunately got rejected from the MD/PhD program. Does anyone know if they will still consider me for MD only?

I unfortunately got rejected from the MD/PhD program. Does anyone know if they will still consider me for MD only?
I think that schools typically do still consider you for MD only! Sorry to hear this, keep your head up :)

II today! OOS but went to a Penn State branch for undergraduate. Interviews are M, W, F and the earliest dates were beginning in October

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
II today! OOS but went to a Penn State branch for undergraduate. Interviews are M, W, F and the earliest dates were beginning in October
Congrats! Do you mind me asking for stats and when you submitted your secondary?

For the letters of rec, they note:

"My college or university does not have a Pre-health Committee or Pre-Health Office that submits recommendation letter(s). Accordingly, I confirm that the letter(s) of recommendation submitted to AMCAS include:

1. At least two letters from faculty in science disciplines.
  2. At least one letter from faculty in a non-science discipline.
  3. At least one remaining letter from college faculty, community leader, employer, or others in positions of responsibility that know the applicant well."
and

"I have completed one or more years of graduate study or full time employment at the time of this application and confirm that the letter(s) of recommendation submitted to AMCAS include at least one additional letter of recommendation from a member of the graduate faculty or work supervisor."

I was planning on using my employer letter as my fourth letter to meet criteria #3. Would this be alright, or would a fifth letter be needed to apply in my case.

Members don't see this ad :)
II OOS today morning! I have no ties with PA at all, but I am in a nearby state. LM 70, Casper: 25th to 49th percentile, ORM

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Do you get a complete email here, typically? I submitted 9/4, and had everything else complete!

Still haven't heard anything!! But I hope the cycle is going well for everyone ☺️

• Care
Interested to see what penn state has in store for us this cycle, relatively quiet so far!

Does this school require snapshot?
No, I didn't do it and I have an interview here next month. I also did pretty bad on casper, so take it easy. Don't let these things stress you out. Make sure u have strong primary and secondary applications, that's what matters the most.

Reactions: 2 users
No, I didn't do it and I have an interview here next month. I also did pretty bad on casper, so take it easy. Don't let these things stress you out. Make sure u have strong primary and secondary applications, that's what matters the most.
When were you complete? Thanks!

does PSU take updates?

Anyone know about the interview length, now that it's virtual? I tend to have long interviews, so it'd be nice to know if there's a hard cut off at 30 minutes. On their portal where they have the interview schedule, they leave 2 hours for "Two 30-minute faculty interviews", which leaves a whole extra hour of empty time on the schedule...

Complete 7/29 and haven’t heard anything 😅 I hope they’re not just ghosting me

Reactions: 3 users
Question for people who have interviewed:
I had my interview this morning and immediately after, it showed a green check mark next to the interviewer's name to indicate that the interview was done on my portal. I just went back to check and the check marks have disappeared. Did that happen with anyone else or should I email admissions about it?
Also, there was no VITA this year right? I got no info about that but their interview page still says VITA will be required before the interview.

Last edited:
Anyone know about the interview length, now that it's virtual? I tend to have long interviews, so it'd be nice to know if there's a hard cut off at 30 minutes. On their portal where they have the interview schedule, they leave 2 hours for "Two 30-minute faculty interviews", which leaves a whole extra hour of empty time on the schedule...
I had mine today. It ran for about 40-45 minutes each with two individual faculty members-although both my interviewers were done asking questions after 30 minutes and we just had a nice chat about a netflix show. You do have some time left over at the end (I had about 30 minutes left before the presentation). They seemed pretty accommodating and give you enough time to answer the questions and didn't seem to be in a rush to end the zoom call as soon as you hit the 30 minute mark.

Reactions: 1 users
Should I assume a soft R? I'm IS and was complete around 7/29 and have heard nothing

they interview through the spring so I don't think all hope is lost tbh
I talked to an M1 in the OAPPS program at this school and I don't think he interviewed or was accepted until Marchish but it was def in the spring.

Finished mid September, didn’t realized I hadn’t actually submitted till September 30. No II yet rip

Very little action on the tracker and pretty quiet here. Hopefully Penn State has a later cycle and not just a ton of non-SDN-posting applicants.

Reactions: 9 users
It's been so quiet here, anyone know if they send interviews out in batches?

Reactions: 1 users