2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else neurotically checking this thread just hoping to hear something šŸ˜‚ this waiting is by far worse than waiting the months and months for interview invites to come in lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else neurotically checking this thread just hoping to hear something šŸ˜‚ this waiting is by far worse than waiting the months and months for interview invites to come in lol
Me too! The silence is killing me... What are the chances someone not on SDN has gotten off the waitlist??? Lol
Waitlist purgatory is the worst!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the chances Penn state hasnā€™t started pulling people off the waitlist just yet?

What are the chances Penn state hasnā€™t started pulling people off the waitlist just yet?
This is what

This is the mentality thatā€™s kept me sane for the last two weeks.
Me too! My current theory is that this year's applicant pool was much bigger, so they're taking longer to pull applicants off the WL.

Reactions: 2 users
Any updates in terms of how many people are in the PSUCOM GroupMe now? Their Facebook had +6 users in the last week :/

As a PSA, bc Iā€™m sure there are other people as antsy as I amšŸ˜…- I called admissions today to ask if they have any information on waitlist movement. A very nice woman told me that she believes they have already started pulling people off the waitlist, to not expect any waitlist correspondence emails (ie. ā€œChecking in to see if youā€™re still interested to remain on said WLā€), to keep your contact information up to date, that it will probably be a phone call if accepted, and that anything can happen until July.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how to ensure our contact info is up to date? My anxious brain now needs to ensure they have the right phone number lol

Thanks for sharing! I canā€™t recall if I ever provided my phone number on my AMCAS. Iā€™m also not seeing a section where I can add that now, would anyone be able to help?

Members don't see this ad :)
Itā€™s under Biographic Information > Preferred Address > Day Phone

Reactions: 1 user
That's what I'm seeing too! I see my email, but no phone option.
Should be there in your old app by your email. I wouldnā€™t worry though bc Iā€™m sure they will email you about an acceptance if they canā€™t find your phone number. That would be too mean if they just skipped over you for that reason šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1 users
Was a very very difficult decision, but I just withdrew my acceptance from here. Good luck to those on the WL, this is an amazing school that I really fell in love with.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I second the above. I would have loved to go to Penn State, but I got into the same school as my husband and have to consider what is best, not just for our careers, but for us as a family. So I withdrew my acceptance today. I hope that spot goes to one of you and that you take advantage of every opportunity PSU offers. We are šŸ’™

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
End of Feb interview, accepted today off the waitlist! What a relief...

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Can anyone tell me what the OOS interview invite rate is for this school please?

Just got the A over the weekend! I've been at this for a couple years and I'm so excited to have finally made it to my dream school. Would someone be able to add me to the GroupMe?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! Got accepted off the waitlist last Friday, and sent my deposit in today. Does anyone happen to know if there is a GroupMe or somewhere to connect with other incoming members of the class (and if so, can I please be added)? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Just accepted off the waitlist today!!!!!! Interviewed 10/11, WL'd 1/6.

Can someone send me the info for the GroupMe?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I forgot to write this, but...

Interviewed 11/22; Waitlisted 1/27; Accepted 6/14 off the waitlist!!

First acceptance of the cycle when I had already accepted taking two gap years following undergrad!! So excited to join such a great institution! Literally unbelievable even two days later...

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if Penn State drug tests incoming students? Wondering if this is something I'll need to schedule. They provide a bunch of forms for a physical exam and labs on the "student health" page of the applicant portal but I don't see anything about a drug test. I know this is something some schools do. Thanks!