-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Pennsylvania State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Musty_Surgeon742
Admitted-MD
This is what
This is the mentality that’s kept me sane for the last two weeks.What are the chances Penn state hasn’t started pulling people off the waitlist just yet?
CircleOfWillis39
Full Member
What are the chances Penn state hasn’t started pulling people off the waitlist just yet?
Me too! My current theory is that this year's applicant pool was much bigger, so they're taking longer to pull applicants off the WL.This is what
This is the mentality that’s kept me sane for the last two weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Musty_Surgeon742
Admitted-MD
Any day now….
Musty_Surgeon742
Admitted-MD
Any updates in terms of how many people are in the PSUCOM GroupMe now? Their Facebook had +6 users in the last week :/
123 members on GroupMe c/o 2026.Any updates in terms of how many people are in the PSUCOM GroupMe now? Their Facebook had +6 users in the last week :/
As a PSA, bc I’m sure there are other people as antsy as I am😅- I called admissions today to ask if they have any information on waitlist movement. A very nice woman told me that she believes they have already started pulling people off the waitlist, to not expect any waitlist correspondence emails (ie. “Checking in to see if you’re still interested to remain on said WL”), to keep your contact information up to date, that it will probably be a phone call if accepted, and that anything can happen until July.
CircleOfWillis39
Full Member
Does anyone know how to ensure our contact info is up to date? My anxious brain now needs to ensure they have the right phone number lol
Keep it updated on AMCAS 🙂Does anyone know how to ensure our contact info is up to date? My anxious brain now needs to ensure they have the right phone number lol
mission_complete
New Member
Thanks for sharing! I can’t recall if I ever provided my phone number on my AMCAS. I’m also not seeing a section where I can add that now, would anyone be able to help?
It’s under Biographic Information > Preferred Address > Day Phone
CircleOfWillis39
Full Member
That's what I'm seeing too! I see my email, but no phone option.Thanks for sharing! I can’t recall if I ever provided my phone number on my AMCAS. I’m also not seeing a section where I can add that now, would anyone be able to help?
Should be there in your old app by your email. I wouldn’t worry though bc I’m sure they will email you about an acceptance if they can’t find your phone number. That would be too mean if they just skipped over you for that reason 😂That's what I'm seeing too! I see my email, but no phone option.
Was a very very difficult decision, but I just withdrew my acceptance from here. Good luck to those on the WL, this is an amazing school that I really fell in love with.
I second the above. I would have loved to go to Penn State, but I got into the same school as my husband and have to consider what is best, not just for our careers, but for us as a family. So I withdrew my acceptance today. I hope that spot goes to one of you and that you take advantage of every opportunity PSU offers. We are 💙
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed5ever
New Member
End of Feb interview, accepted today off the waitlist! What a relief...
Did you hear back via phone call?End of Feb interview, accepted today off the waitlist! What a relief...
premed5ever
New Member
Yes!Did you hear back via phone call?
Can anyone tell me what the OOS interview invite rate is for this school please?
For recent waitlist acceptances, can I ask when you interviewed?
Thanks!
Thanks!
CircleOfWillis39
Full Member
Just accepted off the waitlist today!!!!!! Interviewed 10/11, WL'd 1/6.
Can someone send me the info for the GroupMe?
Can someone send me the info for the GroupMe?
bsiddiqui0211
Full Member
I forgot to write this, but...
Interviewed 11/22; Waitlisted 1/27; Accepted 6/14 off the waitlist!!
First acceptance of the cycle when I had already accepted taking two gap years following undergrad!! So excited to join such a great institution! Literally unbelievable even two days later...
Interviewed 11/22; Waitlisted 1/27; Accepted 6/14 off the waitlist!!
First acceptance of the cycle when I had already accepted taking two gap years following undergrad!! So excited to join such a great institution! Literally unbelievable even two days later...
Does anyone know if Penn State drug tests incoming students? Wondering if this is something I'll need to schedule. They provide a bunch of forms for a physical exam and labs on the "student health" page of the applicant portal but I don't see anything about a drug test. I know this is something some schools do. Thanks!