Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you able to see the choose your med school option on amcas?Just received it as well! Just curious, have you received an ii? I'm just trying to figure out if this email is a sign of an A or not lol
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Are you able to see the choose your med school option on amcas?Just received it as well! Just curious, have you received an ii? I'm just trying to figure out if this email is a sign of an A or not lol
I am not able to see that option on amcas. I received a background check earlier today though from a school participating in AMCAS. It claims that either I have been accepted or waitlisted somewhere but even I don't know what school that is at so I am very confused LOLAre you able to see the choose your med school option on amcas?
Same! I went ahead and submitted the form. Could be from Ponce.I am not able to see that option on amcas. I received a background check earlier today though from a school participating in AMCAS. It claims that either I have been accepted or waitlisted somewhere but even I don't know what school that is at so I am very confused LOL
Yeah it probably is from Ponce! I really hope this means an A for both of us! It is still really strange that they did not notify us of a decision beforehand thoughSame! I went ahead and submitted the form. Could be from Ponce.
I also got the background check and choose your school email and Ponce was my only amcas ii. Hope this means good news for all of us!Yeah it probably is from Ponce! I really hope this means an A for both of us! It is still really strange that they did not notify us of a decision beforehand though
When did you interview?The curiosity is making me super anxious, I really wish they could just tell us our decision instead of doing all this 🙁
I interviewed on 12/5. Wbu?When did you interview?
Open or closed ? How was it ?I interviewed on 12/5. Wbu?
It was a group interview format. For my day the questions were pretty generic, so I'm not fully sure if it was open or closed file.Open or closed ? How was it ?
Ponce PR or St. Louis ?It was a group interview format. For my day the questions were pretty generic, so I'm not fully sure if it was open or closed file.
St. LouisPonce PR or St. Louis ?
yes secondary. Any suggestions with my decision making?ii is interview invite.
i think you mean secondary??
It depends if the secondary fee is worth the chance of an interview/acceptance from Ponce to you. It is later in the cycle but you have a 0% chance of an acceptance if you never submit it. I saw the secondary application deadline is 1/31 on msar but I am not sure if that is just for PR or also applies to STL.yes secondary. Any suggestions with my decision making?
Nope.Has anyone who received a background check heard back with a decision?
Hopefully lol@sharkshack @Penguin535 @CookieMonsta
Have you guys tried reaching out yet? If you look at the email titled, "PHSU- STL Secondary Application Received", it says that
"An AMCAS CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK (by Certiphi Screening, Inc.) will be conducted once the applicant is accepted. If felonies/misdemeanors appear in the background check, the acceptance will be revoked."
I am guessing this means you guys were accepted?
YesHave anyone gotten interviews at other places?
They said they are done interviewing in march just got an email response smhHave anyone gotten interviews at other places?
Does that mean they do interviews until March? I thought they would interview for much longer since they start so late.They said they are done interviewing in march just got an email response smh
SameDoes that mean they do interviews until March? I thought they would interview for much longer since they start so late.
Is that for general applicants or alumni’s? Because they dint start reviewing alumni apps until feb and didnt send out interview invites until march with interviews conducted in april may and even june
No clueIs that for general applicants or alumni’s? Because they dint start reviewing alumni apps until feb and didnt send out interview invites until march with interviews conducted in april may and even june
The guy above said they stop interviewing in march. They already accepted above 30 students. people get accepted elsewhere and decline the ponce-stl acceptance but msms alumni’s havent even been interviewed yet many of them are given interview requests in march . So whoever is general its a narrow chance you will get an interview at this point.Has anyone even gotten accepted yet?
How do you know they already accepted above 30 students? I don't think a single person on the thread said they got an A/WL decision yet.The guy above said they stop interviewing in march. They already accepted above 30 students. people get accepted elsewhere and decline the ponce-stl acceptance but msms alumni’s havent even been interviewed yet many of them are given interview requests in march . So whoever is general its a narrow chance you will get an interview at this point.
I am an alumni of the MSMS program and the network of alumni and MD students are closeHow do you know they already accepted above 30 students? I don't think a single person on the thread said they got an A/WL decision yet.
Damn well that kind of sucks for the MSMS alumni then. At this point they are basically just interviewing for WL spots.I am an alumni of the MSMS program and the network of alumni and MD students are close
I guess you can look at it but really not really because they purposely accept close to double the amount of spots available because nearly tons accepted get accepted elsewhere. because it is only February and they been accepting people before feb.Damn well that kind of sucks for the MSMS alumni then. At this point they are basically just interviewing for WL spots.
Are they waiting to send the acceptance emails to everyone all at once?The guy above said they stop interviewing in march. They already accepted above 30 students. people get accepted elsewhere and decline the ponce-stl acceptance but msms alumni’s havent even been interviewed yet many of them are given interview requests in march . So whoever is general its a narrow chance you will get an interview at this point.
Don’t go here. I posted this in the main pre-MD forum, but I thought all of you could benefit as well.
![]()
News 4 Investigates: St. Louis medical ethics professor on probation for Medicare fraud
Students at a St. Louis medical school are questioning why they were never informed that their medical ethics professor had a felony conviction for something unethical.www.kmov.com
Also, if you decide to apply anyway, know that there are way more shady things going on at this school than this article posts. I have recordings and other proof that I am planning to pursue now that this Medicare fraud article came out.
Did you get an acceptance email?do you attend ponce? and can you tell us about what you’ve seen? if you’re more comfortable you can message me, i was considering ponce since i got the choose your medical school email but now im not so sure
When'd you receive the choose your medical school email and when was your interview?do you attend ponce? and can you tell us about what you’ve seen? if you’re more comfortable you can message me, i was considering ponce since i got the choose your medical school email but now im not so sure
Did you get an acceptance email?
When'd you receive the choose your medical school email and when was your interview?
Did you get a background check?No I didn’t but I’m pretty sure it either means that I’m accepted or waitlisted
Did you get a background check?
Shady things like whatDon’t go here. I posted this in the main pre-MD forum, but I thought all of you could benefit as well.
![]()
News 4 Investigates: St. Louis medical ethics professor on probation for Medicare fraud
Students at a St. Louis medical school are questioning why they were never informed that their medical ethics professor had a felony conviction for something unethical.www.kmov.com
Also, if you decide to apply anyway, know that there are way more shady things going on at this school than this article posts. I have recordings and other proof that I am planning to pursue now that this Medicare fraud article came out.
IdkAre they waiting to send the acceptance emails to everyone all at once?
Message me toodo you attend ponce? and can you tell us about what you’ve seen? if you’re more comfortable you can message me, i was considering ponce since i got the choose your medical school email but now im not so sure
Since you have gone to the school how do you feel about the school? Have you heard about any shady things?Shady things like what
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.