2021-2022 Ponce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II St. Louis on Friday for 2/11

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Just got the official acceptance from PHSU main campus! Interviewed a couple of times in October 2021.

Is there a current student that I could talk to about student life in Ponce? I would greatly appreciate your time!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Just got the official acceptance from PHSU main campus! Interviewed a couple of times in October 2021.

Is there a current student that I could talk to about student life in Ponce? I would greatly appreciate your time!
Let me know if you find out anything, I'm trying to decide between this school and others in PR still

Reactions: 1 user
radio silence from here, not even a hold. anyone else?

I completed the MSMS program at PHSU STL in May 2021. For the medical school, it was our understanding that interviews wold be in march.
I just read an article that was released September 2021 where an already accepted student for the STL campus entering 2022 was interviewed.

A today!
  • Interview date: 12/9
  • Obligatory stats: OOS, ORM, cGPA: 3.1x, MCAT: 513

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invite to interview for the St. Louis campus Friday 2/18! I'm so excited, since Ponce-STL is my top choice. :)

Did they say how long it would take for a decision?
they were a bit vague when someone asked that question. basically, they said they will gather their notes and send them to the admissions team in PR for them to decide but that they meet "regularly."

How did it go?
I think it went well! We had 3 interviewees in our group with 2 interviewers. Similar to what’s already been said, interview questions were straightforward and interview style was friendly. Eager to hear back, though they didn’t mention how soon.

Just got a II for St. Louis but it’s very likely I’ll be declining my II. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Does anyone here have any insight regarding choosing between the PR schools? Namely, Ponce, UCC, and SJB. I suspect that they are all comparable but I'd love to hear how anyone else with those options is deciding.

Any acceptance from Ponce ? I can’t believe I haven’t hear anything. I did 3 interviews since October ....

• Sad
For those already accepted there is a facebook group

Interviewed for Ponce in PR sin October I Haven’t heard anything 😟

Interviewed for Ponce in PR sin October I Haven’t heard anything 😟
I’m in the same boat. I’m just planning on going elsewhere at this point. Is ponce much better than other schools on the island or is it pretty much equal?

Did the say anything about residency? Do you have to stay in St Louis?
They did not say anything about residency. I figure you can apply anywhere since it is an LCME accredited MD program that participates in the MATCH program like all other schools. But the last 2 years of clinical rotations are for sure in STL since they're only doing it with the local Mercy Hospital.

Reactions: 3 users
Same. Haven’t heard anything yet and interview invites are still being sent out.
would you be willing to speak to the structure of the STL interview? it sounds like everyone’s on the zoom call together at least at the beginning, but are you asked to answer questions in front if other students, or do they split you out individually? how long would you say the whole thing went from start to finish?

They did not say anything about residency. I figure you can apply anywhere since it is an LCME accredited MD program that participates in the MATCH program like all other schools. But the last 2 years of clinical rotations are for sure in STL since they're only doing it with the local Mercy Hospital.
Agree. LCME accredited, clerkships will be with Mercy affiliated hospitals in the St. Louis area for the St. Louis campus, and residency match will be the same as any other accredited schools. Ponce-PR campus has a ~86% match rate from what I’ve seen, which is very slightly lower than the national average.

would you be willing to speak to the structure of the STL interview? it sounds like everyone’s on the zoom call together at least at the beginning, but are you asked to answer questions in front if other students, or do they split you out individually? how long would you say the whole thing went from start to finish?
@nanoreeflover can add, but we started out at a group of ~12 for the 10 minute presentation, then broke out into groups of 3 interviewees, where we chatted for another 10 minutes or so. After that, 2 interviewees joined us and asked questions for about 2.5 hours. They would ask a question, then call on individual interviewees to answer. They took turns picking one of the three of us to go first. At the end, we had the opportunity to add anything that we wanted them to know and ask any questions we had.

@nanoreeflover can add, but we started out at a group of ~12 for the 10 minute presentation, then broke out into groups of 3 interviewees, where we chatted for another 10 minutes or so. After that, 2 interviewees joined us and asked questions for about 2.5 hours. They would ask a question, then call on individual interviewees to answer. They took turns picking one of the three of us to go first. At the end, we had the opportunity to add anything that we wanted them to know and ask any questions we had.
sweet that's so helpful! thanks so much!

Yup! So keep in mind everyone hears your answers and sometimes you go first, other times you don't. It is closed file. They did ask a lot about our applications and typical scenario questions. Someone PMd me asking if there was one-on-one time with interviewers and I just want to let everyone else know that may be curious that there isn't any one-on-one time, sadly. @Ellesandra319

Hello all, Does Ponce send rejections post interview or only acceptances and waitlists? Thanks!