2021-2022 Rutgers, RWJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is it a requirement to include parents financial information on the FAFSA? per the rwjms website, it says we need to but i just am hoping for confirmation on that. thanks!
I can confirm that you should follow what any school specifically says on its website over what some anonymous person posts in an internet forum. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I can confirm that you should follow what any school specifically says on its website over what some anonymous person posts in an internet forum. :cool:
i agree except their website also says fill out the FAFSA 2016-2017 so I'm concerned it is out of date/hasn't been updated in a while!

Reactions: 1 user
i agree except their website also says fill out the FAFSA 2016-2017 so I'm concerned it is out of date/hasn't been updated in a while!
Fair enough!! :)

I was just trying to say that people do sometimes hide behind anonymity to lie, so SDN is best used to source information you cannot find anywhere else, as opposed to confirming what you receive from an official source.

With respect specifically to the FAFSA, as you probably know, parent information is not required for federal loans, but is required by just about every school to be considered for institutional, need-based aid. Some schools substitute their own form, or CSS, but I don't think any school doesn't require something, unless, sometimes, if you are married, your parents are deceased, or you are above a certain age. In any event, with something as important as this, it's always best to get your information directly from the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if the MMI has roleplay/acting-based stations?
No role play, team-based, or writing activities. Pretty standard, straightforward prompts that you will verbally discuss with your interviewer at each station (really a one sided discussion, mostly.) Good luck!

It was a direct email from admissions committee. Not sure how I feel about sharing it before they do.
I have a student one with student names on it so I will not be linking that for privacy.

Members don't see this ad :)
RWJMS & NJMS Match is usually strong, and compares to most solid mid-tier programs outside of the top 20

RWJMS & NJMS Match is usually strong, and compares to most solid mid-tier programs outside of the top 20
I feel like both schools' Match Lists punch above their weight according to US News Rank (70, 66)!

• Care
I feel like both schools' Match Lists punch above their weight according to US News Rank (70, 66)!
1) we have a very involved student body
2) faculty are unbelievable at teaching clinical skills and content
3) clinical sites train us well

That makes that for those specialties that require we also interview rotations, we do very well too :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any update on when March interviews will hear back?

A this morning as well!!! First A in 2 cycles, honestly means the entire world :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
A this morning as well!!! First A in 2 cycles, honestly means the entire world :)
Love hearing stories like this!! I’m glad you finally got the recognition you likely worked so hard for. Congrats to you and everyone else accepted today!! To those who don’t get the answer they wanted, keep your head up!

Reactions: 5 users
Love hearing stories like this!! I’m glad you finally got the recognition you likely worked so hard for. Congrats to you and everyone else accepted today!! To those who don’t get the answer they wanted, keep your head up!
That definitely made me tear a little haha thank you so much for your kind words

• Care
Do you guys think that calls are still being made?

Reactions: 2 users
HPWL too, interviewed early march. Does anyone know how many people are accepted off of this HPWL historically? Is this a soft R?
Super sad as this was my top choice.

HPWL, interviewed 2/28. Stay positive everyone!

HPWL too, interviewed early march. Does anyone know how many people are accepted off of this HPWL historically? Is this a soft R?
Super sad as this was my top choice.

According to the info above, it seems they anticipate 20 or so acceptances off the waitlist. They probably took the average of the past few years to get this number. It could be more or less, of course; it’s really impossible for them to accurately predict how many people will commit to enroll or say thanks but no thanks from their original acceptance group. Best of luck!!

• Love

According to the info above, it seems they anticipate 20 or so acceptances off the waitlist. They probably took the average of the past few years to get this number. It could be more or less, of course; it’s really impossible for them to accurately predict how many people will commit to enroll or say thanks but no thanks from their original acceptance group. Best of luck!!
Dang...isn't 20 a super small amount

What are the waitlist classifications? Is there a highest priority waitlist? What is the high priority alternate list?

I guess the real question is, how many people are placed on the HPWL then