-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
Thanks..OOS, but my dad did his residency there, thought maybe it would make a difference. Complete 8/5Dang sorry to hear, are you IS? When were you complete?
beepbeep197
Full Member
I feel like MSTP usually has its own acceptance timelineI know one person who got into the MD/PhD program on Friday... so maybe they are releasing joint degree programs before
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've decided I won't be pooping until Downstate releases their first wave of decisions. I welcome you all to join me in this poop retention endeavor, maybe we will learn more about ourselves and perhaps each other.
Me rn
D
deleted1129200
Congrats!! Joint program or regular MD?ACCEPTED!! Thank you to everyone on this page for making me laugh as I anxiously waited this decision lol
+1Pre-II R
Maybe Downstate is trying to edge us even more with the few As they trickled out 😉
supersleepy
Full Member
I got into the MD/MPH program but I’m confused bc I didn’t apply to it?? 😭 idk what’s going on now lolCongrats!! Joint program or regular MD?
but did you apply to downstate tho?I got into the MD/MPH program but I’m confused bc I didn’t apply to it?? 😭 idk what’s going on now lol
PreMed1786682
Full Member
This school is so messy. I guess this does mean that they are only releasing joint degree decisions right nowI got into the MD/MPH program but I’m confused bc I didn’t apply to it?? 😭 idk what’s going on now lol
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
For the love of god, check ur dang CYMS on AMCAS and stop giving us hypertension. It's probably the quickest (and possibly surest) way of finding out if you got in.I got into the MD/MPH program but I’m confused bc I didn’t apply to it?? 😭 idk what’s going on now lol
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
Better yet, send us a screenshot of that A. We've got enough real things to worry about not including imaginary ones.
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Let the person breathe haha. I’m sure she’s more stressed after this confusion than we areBetter yet, send us a screenshot of that A.
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
When in doubt, call admissions directly and ask. Just say, you got an A, and you just wanted to make sure they didn't make the mistake a la Mayo.Let the person breathe haha. I’m sure she’s more stressed after this confusion than we are
**Will only work if you actually got an email saying you got an A. Don't try it if you didn't get an A cuz that might blow up in your face.**
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1111654
Downs yall got any more A's
supersleepy
Full Member
I definitely got the A into the MD/MPH program so I think they’ve only released joint program decisions so far, I will have to call admissions after my shift at work to see if they’ll accept me even if I just want one degree lolLet the person breathe haha. I’m sure she’s more stressed after this confusion than we are
Attachments
D
deleted1129200
Downstate:
Attachments
supersleepy
Full Member
I definitely got the A into the MD/MPH program so I think they’ve only released joint program decisions so far, I will have to call admissions after my shift at work to see if they’ll accept me even if I just want one degree lol
Also it’s not on CYMSFor the love of god, check ur dang CYMS on AMCAS and stop giving us hypertension. It's probably the quickest (and possibly surest) way of finding out if you got in.
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Didn't they pull this **** last year too where they sent out one or two A's before actually sending out a wave of As the next day? I think we are all panicking for no reason yet. Like someone else said, joint degree decisions work on a separate timeline.
downstateplztakeme
Full Member
Sorry for being super-impatient! Everyone's antsy, so when someone gets an A, there's a blizzard of activity in response to the post.
More importantly, congratulations!
More importantly, congratulations!
You should call lolAlso it’s not on CYMS
beepbeep197
Full Member
well, I joined this thread to feel something, and I am certainly getting my money's worth. Seriously though, I wish you all luck tomorrow. I'm holding onto getting that pre-II R email tomorrow but it is so stressful how they are releasing these decisions! I am certain that tons of you will get As tomorrow if not later this week 😀
so surprised but II just now! dates available from end of february through mid march
beepbeep197
Full Member
congrats!!! esp cos i see you on some of my other threads so this is v exciting 🙂so surprised but II just now! dates available from end of february through mid march
if you don't mind indulging me, did you receive the "confirmation of interview interest" email from Downstate at the end of Jan?
Good luck on your interview and I am rooting for you
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Downstate sending out interview invites while only accepting 2 students in their class of 2026.
Congratulations though!!!!
Congratulations though!!!!
thank you!! we are taking over the NY school threads haha and no, I haven't heard anything from Downstate since I was complete in early July LOLcongrats!!! esp cos i see you on some of my other threads so this is v exciting 🙂
if you don't mind indulging me, did you receive the "confirmation of interview interest" email from Downstate at the end of Jan?
Good luck on your interview and I am rooting for you
btw good luck to anyone waiting! this thread gives me entertainment
beepbeep197
Full Member
so they're gonna ask me if I want an interview and then not give me an interview
what 😭
what 😭
another piece of evidence that downstate just loves edging usso they're gonna ask me if I want an interview and then not give me an interview
what 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I get notifications you’ve commented on this thread, I always hope you’re announcing your interview invitation.so they're gonna ask me if I want an interview and then not give me an interview
what 😭
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
its almost 8 fellas
Same I literally was like omg did beep beep get an II no jokeWhen I get notifications you’ve commented on this thread, I always hope you’re announcing your interview invitation.
beepbeep197
Full Member
When I get notifications you’ve commented on this thread, I always hope you’re announcing your interview invitation.
I love my fans ❤️Same I literally was like omg did beep beep get an II no joke
Obligatory 8:30 has passed post
D
deleted1111654
I hope Nachmocheese is alright.
I'm alright, irreversible damage to my bowels, but alright.I hope Nachmocheese is alright.
Just waiting for more A's just like everyone else :/
Same boatLol wth is going on in here? It’s been silence for me since July. Can’t wait for that pre-II R.
Same... i thought i'd be a great fit at DS but i guess they don't feel the same lolSame boat
candyman1997
Full Member
I'm sorry to hear that I hope you find success elsewhere. Was the R pre II or post?R yesterday 🙁 rip. good luck to everyone else!
Lol well that was quick. Pre-II R just now. Peace out ✌️.Lol wth is going on in here? It’s been silence for me since July. Can’t wait for that pre-II R.
Brb guys, going to march over to their offices and reject their rejection if any fellow Brooklynites want to join 😌
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same 🙁Same... i thought i'd be a great fit at DS but i guess they don't feel the same lol
I just got that pre II R lmao
Haven't gotten it yet but I'm waiting for it!!!Same 🙁
I just got that pre II R lmao
Just copped the A!