-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
perusingdoc
Full Member
212kindofgal
Full Member
Already withdrew here but i keep checking this thread anyway lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
This needs to be adapted for half the schools I interviewed at 😭
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Every night someone here gets a feeling for the next day, and then we hit 8:30 pm 😩Tomorrow is the day I can feel it
beepbeep197
Full Member
What is so significant about 8:30 pm I do not understandEvery night someone here gets a feeling for the next day, and then we hit 8:30 pm 😩
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Last year Downstate released decisions at 8:30 pm and considering they sent out II's yesterday around 6:30 pm, it wouldn't be a surprise if we got decisions that late eitherWhat is so significant about 8:30 pm I do not understand
For those that interviewed September/October, did you ever send an update/interest letter? Nothing much has changed for me since but I thought I might as well since I've worked as a scribe for 1k hours since. Cheers friendoes.
PreMed1786682
Full Member
I called them to ask earlier this week and they said I can upload it to the portal if I want but there is no need (which made me think the committee has already met and they are not really gonna look at any new updates). Still does not hurt to upload it I thinkFor those that interviewed September/October, did you ever send an update/interest letter? Nothing much has changed for me since but I thought I might as well since I've worked as a scribe for 1k hours since. Cheers friendoes.
D
deleted1129200
MSAR says Feb 15, website says mid-February, some were told "love week," and some were told the 21st.I doubt they're going to release decisions on a Friday, but who knows. Monday is also Presidents day so let's hope the admission's committee meets on a federal holiday.
Yea I sent an update/interest letter early January. Not sure if these letters make any difference at downstate tho.For those that interviewed September/October, did you ever send an update/interest letter? Nothing much has changed for me since but I thought I might as well since I've worked as a scribe for 1k hours since. Cheers friendoes.
Maybe admissions is so entertained that they were going to release this week then said oooh free entertainment time to get back at the neurotic pre mess and laugh at them
Good morning yall, I am sensing positive chakra from my carnelian crystal today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i hope we all get in y'all seem chill lol, good ppl to get thru med school w!! good vibes ONLY!!! 🙂
applicant117
Full Member
Yea, ik they talk about culture being a good fit and it's kinda hard to tell on zoom, but yall r funny asf lmao (if not a bit STRESSED)i hope we all get in y'all seem chill lol, good ppl to get thru med school w!! good vibes ONLY!!! 🙂
that's too vague, maybe not releasing it today will make ur weekend more enjoyable if it's an R![]()
Pls downstate, let this be an enjoyable long weekend
I've decided I won't be pooping until Downstate releases their first wave of decisions. I welcome you all to join me in this poop retention endeavor, maybe we will learn more about ourselves and perhaps each other.
I'm at my limit....DOWNSTATE PLEASE
Downstate: you're full of sht
D
deleted1111654
This thread must be immortalized
Breathing exercises. We believe in you! Hope this sends a message to the adcom overlords.
A or R I just want to be able to start planning for where I'll be come August 😩that's too vague, maybe not releasing it today will make ur weekend more enjoyable if it's an R
anonny1234331
New Member
has anybody called today to politely ask
PreMed1786682
Full Member
I just called them, the guy on the line was super nice and said their initial plan was to release them this week but due to some problem, it is looking like later next week. He also said they always tried to tell students to expect them anytime between mid to late Feb, and never said this week specifically.
If anyone else is interested in calling them, they answered on 718-270-2446 on one ring.
If anyone else is interested in calling them, they answered on 718-270-2446 on one ring.
beepbeep197
Full Member
Y'all this thread is so fun. I hope I get an II just so I can stick around lmao
D
deleted1129200
Why are they gaslighting usI just called them, the guy on the line was super nice and said their initial plan was to release them this week but due to some problem, it is looking like later next week. He also said they always tried to tell students to expect them anytime between mid to late Feb, and never said this week specifically.
If anyone else is interested in calling them, they answered on 718-270-2446 on one ring.
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Lmao I did not wanna say that but that is exactly what it was. 'Sorry for the delay but we did always say mid to late Feb'Why are they gaslighting us
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
RIPI just called them, the guy on the line was super nice and said their initial plan was to release them this week but due to some problem, it is looking like later next week. He also said they always tried to tell students to expect them anytime between mid to late Feb, and never said this week specifically.
If anyone else is interested in calling them, they answered on 718-270-2446 on one ring.
applicant117
Full Member
im ROLLING LMAOOOOOOWhy are they gaslighting us
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
i think monday, some did say on the 21stWell folks... I guess we'll see each other on Tuesday again 😪
Monday is a holiday, don't expect them to release anything until end of next weeki think monday, some did say on the 21st
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Yeah the person I called very clearly said it could just be end of next weekMonday is a holiday, don't expect them to release anything until end of next week
I would plan up to 2 hours. It’s only supposed to be one hour and unlikely that it will last that long, but mine was about 1.5 hours and others have reported close to 2 hours. No need to add extra stress to the interview because you’re worried it will go over an hour and you’ll be late to work.How long should I expect the interview/interview day to last y’all? Just want to know if I should take the full day off or half a day from work 🤔
Only about an hour for me
Thank you guys! Does the writing assignment come during or right after the interview? I want to make sure that I can complete it before returning to work since I regularly get back after 6PMI would plan up to 2 hours. It’s only supposed to be one hour and unlikely that it will last that long, but mine was about 1.5 hours and others have reported close to 2 hours. No need to add extra stress to the interview because you’re worried it will go over an hour and you’ll be late to work.
I received the writing assignment at 6:15am EST and submitted it before my interview.Thank you guys! Does the writing assignment come during or right after the interview? I want to make sure that I can complete it before returning to work since I regularly get back after 6PM
I’m still subscribed to this thread because I applied, but I haven’t gotten an II… Wish schools would go ahead and send the R’s so I can move on.
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
its all about the element of surpriseMonday is a holiday, don't expect them to release anything until end of next week
applicant117
Full Member
Bro go outside frrrr lmaoooo (all love just dont want u stressin for no reason)its all about the element of surprise
D
deleted1111654
It’s brick thoughBro go outside frrrr lmaoooo (all love just dont want u stressin for no reason)
Anomalous-Anki
Full Member
thats my secret captain, im always stressedBro go outside frrrr lmaoooo (all love just dont want u stressin for no reason)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applicant117
Full Member
I’m on LI for the weekend it isn’t bad here, this weekend lookin nice in the cityIt’s brick though
applicant117
Full Member
I hear u man haha, good luckthats my secret captain, im always stressed
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Me going into tomorrow like:
Happy Monday y'all. Hope downstate keeps edging me 😩😩🤤🥴