2021-2022 SUNY, Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Js, I would do a lot 😏😏

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess I will just withdraw from the WL and commit to the other school, I don't want to be waiting any longer 🙁

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
if we are in the AL and haven't completed the health clearance, where do i find out the list of blood works that need to be done since the health portal is down?

if we are in the AL and haven't completed the health clearance, where do i find out the list of blood works that need to be done since the health portal is down?
You def can call the studenthealth office and ask them but I don't think there is another place to find that stuff except when it was on the pre-matriculation list

You def can call the studenthealth office and ask them but I don't think there is another place to find that stuff except when it was on the pre-matriculation list
Maybe they deleted it cause everyone was sending in the completed health forms 😂😂

Maybe they deleted it cause everyone was sending in the completed health forms 😂😂
That is pretty plausible lol. I'm sure they don't want to sift through everyone who is on the WL to find the people who were accepted to file their health forms.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an A today evening, I have not completed anything off of the pre-marticulation list. their email said "you must complete the reply form and return it within five business days from the date of this acceptance email" what exactly is the reply form? I also am not getting the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I just got an A today evening, I have not completed anything off of the pre-marticulation list. their email said "you must complete the reply form and return it within five business days from the date of this acceptance email" what exactly is the reply form? I also am not getting the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS
Congrats on the A! Pretty sure reply form is the CYMS tool. I would give it the day to update and if it doesn’t update by tomorrow at like noon, then call DS admissions.

congrats anki! you earned it!

i got this A very late so you very much could be next on that list, dont lose hope but def reapply as a backup plan. I had my primaries sent so im not sure if that played a difference or not

Reactions: 1 users
i got this A very late so you very much could be next on that list, dont lose hope but def reapply as a backup plan. I had my primaries sent so im not sure if that played a difference or not
I think you certainly took the A from the other guy who withdrew his so congrats!!! Have fun in ds haha

Thank you for your positivity! It’s a tough road, but seeing fellow SDN users get picked up one by one gives me hope. Praying I’m not one of the july 29th-ers but even if I am, I’d still go!

• Care
Thank you for your positivity! It’s a tough road, but seeing fellow SDN users get picked up one by one gives me hope. Praying I’m not one of the july 29th-ers but even if I am, I’d still go!
I’m there w u. We’ll see what ultimately happens but we just gotta keep moving forward and if it happens great, and if not there is always next cycle

• Care
same honeslty same.

It's on the applicant portal for downstate where it says application decision or something along those lines. You just accept ur spot and pay the deposit

Anybody know if this school has a med school prom or formal?

was a good run guys, congrats to those who got in but its over for sure :/

had to withdraw from this school today (deadline for state md). Very disappointed and jealous of those accepted. Hopefully, someone else can get off the AL

did anyone on the alternate list just get an email from suny downstate about a clearance reminder?

did anyone on the alternate list just get an email from suny downstate about a clearance reminder?
I got it too. I am enrolled in a masters program, signed a lease and got a job. I'm supposed to move August 1st. Honestly hoping its just over at this point for me, and nervous for what I will do if it is not!

I am on the AL and just got an email that they updated my health forms. they asked me to send some additional missing information. did anyone else receive this email?

I am on the AL and just got an email that they updated my health forms. they asked me to send some additional missing information. did anyone else receive this email?
Yes I also received this. I had reached out yesterday to let them know I submitted a while ago but it still was not updated in the portal.

but with school starting soon, are they really asking everyone on the AL to complete health forms?
I would be interested to know if all remaining WL applicants received this email or not? I saw in past years threads there did not seem to be a correlation between health updates and acceptance, but who knows

I would be interested to know if all remaining WL applicants received this email or not? I saw in past years threads there did not seem to be a correlation between health updates and acceptance, but who knows
I received an email yesterday that my AMP was updated and what else I needed. I asked if they were giving out more acceptances and they said we don't know, but if they do it would be in the two days.

I received an email yesterday that my AMP was updated and what else I needed. I asked if they were giving out more acceptances and they said we don't know, but if they do it would be in the two days.
So to clarify, if I do not receive an acceptance by end of day tomorrow, I am officially done being considered for the cycle?