2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have pretty good stats (LM 74), research, volunteering and still on waitlist there is no clear formula to this madness. I have friends with significantly lower stats that were accepted here so its clearly not the only factor. Best of luck
Their MCAT range on MSAR is 505-519. So it’s definitely more than stats. But it does look like people with higher stats are getting off the list faster (based on SDN only, which is heavily biased). There’s still a month of movement ahead so don’t give up!! Good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get a scholarship on the financial aid package? Im not sure if downstate does scholarships... When I asked them, they just sent me a bunch of links with basically no clear info.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I got an A off the AL? Did you guys also get vague wording in the email like "preliminary notification that the College of Medicine Admissions Committee has reviewed your application favorably for acceptance"?
 
Hi all!

I was wondering if you all received your financial aid packages as of yet? I'm also wondering how much they allocated for housing? Their estimate online seems super low, so just wanted to make sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad