You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 TCU
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
in-jail_out-soon
Full Member
just got an II! does anyone know if this school will accept you before completing their prereqs? I've already graduated and haven't taken genetics yet but I can take genetics at my community college, debating whether I should just do that or not...but then I also don't wanna take an entire course just to get rejected LOL
I would postpone that thought until later in the cycle because the Spring semester is still several months away, and you can always take it then.just got an II! does anyone know if this school will accept you before completing their prereqs? I've already graduated and haven't taken genetics yet but I can take genetics at my community college, debating whether I should just do that or not...but then I also don't wanna take an entire course just to get rejected LOL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MedHopeful8513
Full Member
Just out of curiosity, any in-state students gotten an II yet?
D
deleted1058525
Hi current MS1 after your interviews they usually meet every 2 weeks and makes decisions on your application. So you could find out, but I had several friends who took it during their spring semester prior to matriculating. Hope that helps!just got an II! does anyone know if this school will accept you before completing their prereqs? I've already graduated and haven't taken genetics yet but I can take genetics at my community college, debating whether I should just do that or not...but then I also don't wanna take an entire course just to get rejected LOL
mangosports
Full Member
Hi! how religious is the school are they anti-choice? Does the new Texas law change what the teach about abortionsHello hello! MS2 here. Congrats to those who have gotten interviews so far!! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😊
Hey there. The school may be called Texas Christian University; however, religion is not taught nor discussed at all in our curriculum-except for discussing the importance of treating all equally regardless of religious beliefs or not. The school teaches students to follow the 4 medical ethics principles and to always act in the patient's best interest. The school does not endorse a political side. I hope this helps!Hi! how religious is the school are they anti-choice? Does the new Texas law change what the teach about abortions
MedHopeful8513
Full Member
When were you complete? If you don’t mind me askingI'm IS and I got my II.
guest112233
Full Member
Has anyone interviewed here yet? Interested in any insight on the interview day + Friday session!
Next Monday is the first day of interviews.Has anyone interviewed here yet? Interested in any insight on the interview day + Friday session!
Thank you so much! OOS 3.5 cGPA 514Congratulations!! Stats?
in-jail_out-soon
Full Member
does anyone know the oos/is ratio of their class? or do they follow the tx guidelines with >90% IS
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
According to MSAR, there is more of a 60/40 split, favoring OOS matriculants.does anyone know the oos/is ratio of their class? or do they follow the tx guidelines with >90% IS
There is no separate instate tuition which makes it hard to designate higher number of students for IS. If someone got into another state school in Texas, they would be forced to choose the other school due to cost alone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1058525
Hi, current MS1 TCU is not part of TMDSAS and is a private school so they are not bound to the 90% in-state rule that the other texas medical schools are. I can't remember the statistic off the top of my head but there are more OOS than IS students! Hope that helpsdoes anyone know the oos/is ratio of their class? or do they follow the tx guidelines with >90% IS
in-jail_out-soon
Full Member
anyone already interview here? what was it like?
D
deleted1058525
Hi, I don't think people are allowed to discuss the contents of the question that are asked but the interview is a MMI format ( they will go over the logistics the day of). The interview includes 2 parts: Monday is the actual interview and Friday is an open house to allow y'all to ask any questions. Hope this helps!anyone already interview here? what was it like?
in-jail_out-soon
Full Member
thanks! and how important is the event on sunday?Hi, I don't think people are allowed to discuss the contents of the question that are asked but the interview is a MMI format ( they will go over the logistics the day of). The interview includes 2 parts: Monday is the actual interview and Friday is an open house to allow y'all to ask any questions. Hope this helps!
D
deleted1058525
It's optional and your attendance is not mandatory. It's more of an opportunity for you to talk to current students and ask them any questions you may have about the school, curriculum, etc... I would recommend going if you have the time to meet current students but do whatever is best for you!thanks! and how important is the event on sunday?
D
deleted897683
Is there a screen for the supplemental application? How fast did y’all get the application after you were processed?
I got mine a week after I was verifiedIs there a screen for the supplemental application? How fast did y’all get the application after you were processed?
stardust12
Full Member
Really thought I was a good fit here but I haven't heard anything back yet and I was complete mid-July. Does anyone know if they send out under review emails/holds/anything before getting an II?
D
deleted897683
Is the supplemental the same as the secondary?I got mine a week after I was verified
YupIs the supplemental the same as the secondary?
It's still early. They're very holistic in how they review apps from what I've experienced (interviewed last week). Just give it some time.Really thought I was a good fit here but I haven't heard anything back yet and I was complete mid-July. Does anyone know if they send out under review emails/holds/anything before getting an II?
D
deleted897683
Does counseling classes count as a social science?Hello! For social sciences, we accept coursework from psychology, cultural anthropology, sociology, economics, health care administration, public policy, public health, family studies, history, political science, social work and behavioral health. Your statistics course can come from various departments, such as psychology, business or mathematics. Missing these courses at the time of application does not mean you are out, for you have until June 1, 2022 to complete all pre-requisite coursework. Please contact our office if you have any further questions!
stardust12
Full Member
Yes I am aware that I'm neurotic and that it is still early. You didn't answer my question though 🤣It's still early. They're very holistic in how they review apps from what I've experienced (interviewed last week). Just give it some time.
Whoops. No, I had no communication after I got the email after submitting my secondary.Yes I am aware that I'm neurotic and that it is still early. You didn't answer my question though 🤣
sunflower1234
Full Member
Hey guys! Does anyone know if they accept application updates? Like activity updates? If so, is it by email? I don’t see a section on the portal. I forgot if they mentioned anything during the interview so thought I’d ask if anyone knew before I email them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do not- but if they have any questions for you or need clarification they will contact you.
D
deleted1075526
II. First interview of the cycle after two months of waiting!
International, complete 08/08.
International, complete 08/08.
Will they open more interview dates up? So far only 11/22 is available and I can't make that date. I just got the interview offer today. Would you guys recommend waiting or contacting the office of admissions?
Godhelpmegetintoschool
Full Member
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing MCAT/Stats?II today; OOS; complete 8/14
Just wait. They fill up dates first before they add more. Just keep checking back periodically over the next couple of days.Will they open more interview dates up? So far only 11/22 is available and I can't make that date. I just got the interview offer today. Would you guys recommend waiting or contacting the office of admissions?
D
deleted897683
When were you complete?II invite today! Instate ; mcat 510, gpa 3.9
oh gosh, forever ago. the day the application opened!When were you complete?
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
Just finished my interview. I really like this school. It was very well organized , MMI format, they gave couple of 20 min breaks in between which helped. Took 5 hrs , I was running out of gas towards the end. 🙂. Friday is just an info session.
The MMI process took 5 hours or the whole interview dayJust finished my interview. I really like this school. It was very well organized , MMI format, they gave couple of 20 min breaks in between which helped. Took 5 hrs , I was running out of gas towards the end. 🙂. Friday is just an info session.
D
deleted1075526
Wow. GL. Manifesting that A for you. I have my interview soon. If you don't mind, was it heavily scenario-based?Just finished my interview. I really like this school. It was very well organized , MMI format, they gave couple of 20 min breaks in between which helped. Took 5 hrs , I was running out of gas towards the end. 🙂. Friday is just an info session.
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
The whole interview day. Sorry should have been more specific.
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
Yes, each MMI was a different scenario.Wow. GL. Manifesting that A for you. I have my interview soon. If you don't mind, was it heavily scenario-based?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sunflower1234
Full Member
Hi! Does anyone know if they’re releasing decisions 10/15? Or later? I forgot if they mentioned during interviews
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
We were told decisions would come 10/22 for usHi! Does anyone know if they’re releasing decisions 10/15? Or later? I forgot if they mentioned during interviews
The whole day. The MMI is about 2.5 hours.The MMI process took 5 hours or the whole interview day
First decisions will come out Friday from what I remember.Hi! Does anyone know if they’re releasing decisions 10/15? Or later? I forgot if they mentioned during interviews
in-jail_out-soon
Full Member
did they ask follow up questions for each scenario or are we supposed to fill the entire allotted time with our answer? and how much time do we get for each answer?Yes, each MMI was a different scenario.