2021-2022 TCU

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all current MS1. They usually release the decision later in the afternoon at the end of the workday (from my memory). The committee meets every 2 weeks and decides on applicants. During the cycle continued consideration (CC) means they will look at your application at the next meeting with the other interviewed applicants so you are not out of the running. They create a waitlist at the very end of the cycle after the final committee meeting. So everyone who got CC, you still have a good chance (tons of my classmates were on CC for a while including myself) so don't give up hope!
 
Got that CC 2x,
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF
 
Can you submit a letter of interest before you get an interview invite?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you submit a letter of interest before you get an interview invite?
They already know you're interested since you applied. I guess you could submit one but it'll most likely just go to the garbage bin. They're going through a lot of applications rn, best you can do is be patient.
 
Current MS1 -- I'll post this periodically, but to those of you on continued consideration: there is absolutely still a good chance you get accepted! To echo above posters, MANY of our classmates were on CC before acceptance. It's definitely not like WL or hold at other schools, where WL is essentially a silent rejection. Best of luck to all of you, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the best way to prepare for MMI-based interviews? So far I have just been planning on going through prompts from youtube/google
 
For those that have interviewed here, did you have to attend the Empathetic Scholar panel on the Friday after your interview? What was it like…formal? Did you have to stay for the whole 90 minutes? I’m wondering if I have to take a day off to attend.
 
For those that have interviewed here, did you have to attend the Empathetic Scholar panel on the Friday after your interview? What was it like…formal? Did you have to stay for the whole 90 minutes? I’m wondering if I have to take a day off to attend.
You will be well served to attend
 
I haven't even gotten the CC email yet. Starting to get scared lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the post II R as well. I’m devastated. I have family and friends in Fort Worth and wanted to stay here. I thought interview went well as well… good luck to everyone else tho I hope y’all get in
Drink a beer and move onto the next one. Caught the post interview R two weeks ago. Was meant to be! Good luck the rest of the way.
 
Drink a beer and move onto the next one. Caught the post interview R two weeks ago. Was meant to be! Good luck the rest of the way.
You’re right. I’ll chill with my friends this weekend and forget about it. Here’s to the next opportunity! Thanks for the kind words and hope it works out for you as well.
 
Have interview tomorrow! Any quick tips? IS. 🙂

(Also, I have insight from another school for those in "deferred decision" - usually means you will be kept in applicant pool and compared with other groups across the cycle, not A/R/WL yet.)
 
Have interview tomorrow! Any quick tips? IS. 🙂

(Also, I have insight from another school for those in "deferred decision" - usually means you will be kept in applicant pool and compared with other groups across the cycle, not A/R/WL yet.)
Just be yourself! It sounds so basic but it is what they are trying to achieve. Best of luck!!
 
Did anyone messed up on their secondary, but still got an II? I didn't get to finish my answer for 1 question and im internally crying and thinking maybe that's why I dont have an II yet LOL
 
Did anyone messed up on their secondary, but still got an II? I didn't get to finish my answer for 1 question and im internally crying and thinking maybe that's why I dont have an II yet LOL
I thought my secondary responses were awful and still got II. Don't worry about it too much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What was the time frame after the secondary that people received interview invites?