2021-2022 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How is everyone responding to the prompt "Please indicate in the space below any other recommended coursework you have completed with a grade of C or above"? It gives us 500 words so should be be using complete sentences vs just listing courses? What format is best for this type of question?

Members don't see this ad.

How is everyone responding to the prompt "Please indicate in the space below any other recommended coursework you have completed with a grade of C or above"? It gives us 500 words so should be be using complete sentences vs just listing courses? What format is best for this type of question?
I just listed courses for each of the "recommended courses" they list on their website.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So i'm OOS with 0 ties to The University of Toledo, the UToledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences, the city of Toledo, or the region of Northwest Ohio. However; I have a lot of family in northeast Ohio (akron, cleveland, cuyhoga falls) and some from Cincinnati and Columbus.

Is it worth applying to this school? I'm a pretty strong applicant for this school but they aren't very OOS friendly from what i've gathered.

Why does Toledo have a large word count? Is everyone using up all 600 words for the first prompt or filling out close to half of the count?

Why does Toledo have a large word count? Is everyone using up all 600 words for the first prompt or filling out close to half of the count?
I just typed until I said what I needed to say. My responses are 400-500 words but if you can get your message across with less words I think that’s ok

I'm not sure where to post this because I'm a rising junior and I just wanted to try applying this year. I'm applying to the Medstart program now, does anyone who applied to the medstart program know where we were supposed to upload our personal statements? Like we have the 4 supplementary essays + 1 covid essay, but I don't see a place to submit our personal statement into the AMP portal. Is there not a personal statement anymore for the Medstart program this year?

"We invite you to briefly discuss any other connections you may have to The University of Toledo, the UToledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences, the city of Toledo, or the region of Northwest Ohio or to provide additional information about the affiliations you noted above"

Are yall answering this if you are from another region of Ohio? Since they just said Northwest, I'm not sure If I should write anything at all in this prompt. They prob don't want to see a "why us" essay in this space either. Thoughts? Thanks :)
Yeah I’ve lived in northeast ohio all my life so i kinda talked about my connection to ohio in general and then drew parallels between my experiences/environment in northeast ohio to toledo if that makes sense

is it worth it to apply here if you're OOS with no ties?

EDIT: OOS/international

Members don't see this ad :)
is it worth it to apply here if you're OOS with no ties?

EDIT: OOS/international
It's pretty hard to say. According to MSAR, only 4 international applicants applied last year, but none were accepted or even interviewed. It's hard to draw conclusions from such a small sample size.

Has anyone not received a secondary from here yet? My primary was transmitted 6/25 and still no word from Toledo.

I was verified in late July and got my secondary the first week of August.

Hey all current med student here, just wanted to share the review I did for Toledo for last year's Toledo sdn forum:

2020-2021 Toledo

Hopefully you guys can find this useful. DM me if you have questions!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey all current med student here, just wanted to share the review I did for Toledo for last year's Toledo sdn forum:
2020-2021 Toledo
Hopefully you guys can find this useful. DM me if you have questions!
That is a lot of info... Thanks for taking the time!

Got an II earlier today!! IS, ties to northwest Ohio, complete 8/4

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anybody else watching this Toledo vs ND football game later? lol

Reactions: 1 user
II received today! Complete 8/2, IS with ties to the school, ORM, RD

Reactions: 3 users
II received!! LM 75, complete 8/5, IS with big school ties

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats. What are the available dates?
In October I saw 10/12 and 10/13, none in sept, and I didn’t check November rip

edit: the email says “We will open new interview slots on the 15th and 25th of each month”.

II received. 3.7 GPA 510 MCAT. IS with light ties to Toledo. Complete late July

Had anyone interviewed here yet? How was the MMI format? 2 hours seems draining

I am IS so that doesn’t make me feel better 😪
I would imagine it's not even all IS just yet.

Among the IS people, UToledo seems to give preference to those with ties to Northwest OH according to their class profile page. I don't have high stats but I think I got my II this "early" based on my connections to the area. Also Toledo seems like it was pretty slow to the interview game so don't lose hope!

• Care
I would imagine it's not even all IS just yet.

Among the IS people, UToledo seems to give preference to those with ties to Northwest OH according to their class profile page. I don't have high stats but I think I got my II this "early" based on my connections to the area. Also Toledo seems like it was pretty slow to the interview game so don't lose hope!
I definitely don’t have connections to Northwest Ohio! Thank you for your response 🙂

• Care
When I got my II last week, I saw the first available date to interview was tomorrow (9/29). I'm not taking mine until October but for whoever is interviewing tomorrow, best of luck boos!!!!!

@ everyone who has already interviewed, how was your experience? Did it seem to drone on forever, was it chill?