2021-2022 Toledo

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Why does Toledo have a large word count? Is everyone using up all 600 words for the first prompt or filling out close to half of the count?
 
Why does Toledo have a large word count? Is everyone using up all 600 words for the first prompt or filling out close to half of the count?
I just typed until I said what I needed to say. My responses are 400-500 words but if you can get your message across with less words I think that’s ok
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure where to post this because I'm a rising junior and I just wanted to try applying this year. I'm applying to the Medstart program now, does anyone who applied to the medstart program know where we were supposed to upload our personal statements? Like we have the 4 supplementary essays + 1 covid essay, but I don't see a place to submit our personal statement into the AMP portal. Is there not a personal statement anymore for the Medstart program this year?
 
"We invite you to briefly discuss any other connections you may have to The University of Toledo, the UToledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences, the city of Toledo, or the region of Northwest Ohio or to provide additional information about the affiliations you noted above"

Are yall answering this if you are from another region of Ohio? Since they just said Northwest, I'm not sure If I should write anything at all in this prompt. They prob don't want to see a "why us" essay in this space either. Thoughts? Thanks 🙂
Yeah I’ve lived in northeast ohio all my life so i kinda talked about my connection to ohio in general and then drew parallels between my experiences/environment in northeast ohio to toledo if that makes sense
 
is it worth it to apply here if you're OOS with no ties?


EDIT: OOS/international
It's pretty hard to say. According to MSAR, only 4 international applicants applied last year, but none were accepted or even interviewed. It's hard to draw conclusions from such a small sample size.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am IS so that doesn’t make me feel better 😪
I would imagine it's not even all IS just yet.


Among the IS people, UToledo seems to give preference to those with ties to Northwest OH according to their class profile page. I don't have high stats but I think I got my II this "early" based on my connections to the area. Also Toledo seems like it was pretty slow to the interview game so don't lose hope!
 
I would imagine it's not even all IS just yet.


Among the IS people, UToledo seems to give preference to those with ties to Northwest OH according to their class profile page. I don't have high stats but I think I got my II this "early" based on my connections to the area. Also Toledo seems like it was pretty slow to the interview game so don't lose hope!
I definitely don’t have connections to Northwest Ohio! Thank you for your response 🙂
 
When I got my II last week, I saw the first available date to interview was tomorrow (9/29). I'm not taking mine until October but for whoever is interviewing tomorrow, best of luck boos!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@ everyone who has already interviewed, how was your experience? Did it seem to drone on forever, was it chill?