You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just interviewed with them Tuesday and I felt it was very relaxed for an MMI. Its not a monologue style where the interviewers won't interact with you, they act follow-up questions and engage. just show you are able to analyze situations from multiple viewpoints/perspectives and you'll be fineI am interviewing here Monday! Any advise from anyone who’s interviewed previously?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't be shaken if they don't give you emotion. They'll try to engage with follow ups but (and they'll tell you this again in the pre-MMI debriefing) getting an emotional connection with your interviewers is not the point. There's also only 8 minutes to answer the main prompt and follow ups so there's not exactly time to ask your interviewers about Toledo so don't worry!I am interviewing here Monday! Any advise from anyone who’s interviewed previously?
They also say to send collective thank you letters to the admissions office, they'll open them all up at the end of the admissions cycle and apparently the interviewers get a kick out of it
D
deleted1073602
Did anyone hear back today?
Does anyone know if status “your application is under review” is they are actively reviewing your application at that time (or have read it) or if it is just the way they notate complete? Is there a ”ready for review” prior to “under review”?
I think they are actively reviewing it and keeping it in their sightsDoes anyone know if status “your application is under review” is they are actively reviewing your application at that time (or have read it) or if it is just the way they notate complete? Is there a ”ready for review” prior to “under review”?
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything yet? Interviews?, acceptances? It’s been dead silence over here
When were you complete? I was complete around mid-August and have yet to hear back with anything.Has anyone heard anything yet? Interviews?, acceptances? It’s been dead silence over here
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
Complete 08/06.When were you complete? I was complete around mid-August and have yet to hear back with anything.
Based on past year's threads, this school moves a little slower than the rest. Just be patient, everyone.
refreshingdaily24/7
New Member
Anyone miss the post interview meet and greet yesterday? And any one know how they will let us know when the next one is
Last edited:
I was complete 09/07 and just interviewed this week. I would give it some more time!Complete 08/06.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
refreshingdaily24/7
New Member
Yup that’s the one! Just worried that missing the one yesterday would look bad and if they would just send us update emails for when they plan moreAre you referring to the one where the current students talk to the people who interviewed? I think they're having more of those at some point
When did they say you would hear back on a decision? Something like 3-4 weeks?I was complete 09/07 and just interviewed this week. I would give it some more time!
only 7/16 people from my interview day made it to the one 2 days after it, 6.5 if you count the fact I had tech issues and had to dip early lol don't worry about itYup that’s the one! Just worried that missing the one yesterday would look bad and if they would just send us update emails for when they plan more
Yes! Basically said we would hear back by the end of NovemberWhen did they say you would hear back on a decision? Something like 3-4 weeks?
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
Will I be shooting myself in the leg if I call the admissions office today and ask them when they plan to release acceptances, or more interview invites?
loosecriminal
Full Member
nah do it #yolo!!! and report back to us 😀Will I be shooting myself in the leg if I call the admissions office today and ask them when they plan to release acceptances, or more interview invites?
II just received! IS
Congrats! When were you complete?II just received! IS
Thank you! 8/5Congrats! When were you complete?
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
Congratulations. What dates are offered? Stats?II just received! IS
II! First Ohio school!! Yay!
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
Congratulations !!! What dates are offered ? Complete date?II! First Ohio school!! Yay!
New dates are rolled out the 15th and 25th of every month. When I got my II the only dates available were for the 3 weeks after so I wouldn't worry too much about dates currently being offered, though that happened a while ago for me so I could be wrong. From what I understand though, it's not like other schools where you need to be worried about them being close to the end of offered dates.Congratulations !!! What dates are offered ? Complete date?
Toledo seems to be really slow, people who interviewed on 9/29 and 10/4 are supposed to hear back about decisions anywhere from 10/15 to either today or tomorrow. I interviewed 10/8 and was told I would hear back by either today, tomorrow, or first week of November at the latest. News is scheduled to come! I wouldn't worry too much for the moment 🙂Will I be shooting myself in the leg if I call the admissions office today and ask them when they plan to release acceptances, or more interview invites?
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
Thank you. The wait is killing me. I don’t work or do anything so I keep refreshing my email every second like a psycho. I need to lay off sdn😂New dates are rolled out the 15th and 25th of every month. When I got my II the only dates available were for the 3 weeks after so I wouldn't worry too much about dates currently being offered, though that happened a while ago for me so I could be wrong. From what I understand though, it's not like other schools where you need to be worried about them being close to the end of offered dates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's a couple before and after thanksgiving!!Congratulations !!! What dates are offered ? Complete date?
I'm sorry but I don't share my stats. They are above the averages though but not by much.
So did I read that right... we have a 2 hour MMI session?!
Yeah it's two hours but I genuinely thought I didn't have enough time, I had so much fun during my MMI. It's a 10 minute response, 5 minute break, 8 times. They'll tell you this during your interview as well, but of that 10 minutes, it's actually supposed to be 8. They give an extra 2 minutes in case you have tech issues since they had to move their MMI online. If you don't have tech issues, you can use the extra 2 minutes to talk or get an extension on your break!So did I read that right... we have a 2 hour MMI session?!
awesome this is helpful !Yeah it's two hours but I genuinely thought I didn't have enough time, I had so much fun during my MMI. It's a 10 minute response, 5 minute break, 8 times. They'll tell you this during your interview as well, but of that 10 minutes, it's actually supposed to be 8. They give an extra 2 minutes in case you have tech issues since they had to move their MMI online. If you don't have tech issues, you can use the extra 2 minutes to talk or get an extension on your break!
hellodoc321
Full Member
Nope9/29 and 10/4 interviewees... Anything?
Tried emailing UToledo to ask about the status of the interview results, got an automated response (they will respond manually within two business days apparently tho) with an FAQ that says:
"If you are seeking information about the status of your application, you may find your current status in the application portal. Interview invitations are extended via email on a rolling basis form September through late March or early April. Once you have completed your interview, you will be notified about your admissions decision generally 4-7 weeks following your interview."
I guess interviewees wait a little longer to hear back then :/
"If you are seeking information about the status of your application, you may find your current status in the application portal. Interview invitations are extended via email on a rolling basis form September through late March or early April. Once you have completed your interview, you will be notified about your admissions decision generally 4-7 weeks following your interview."
I guess interviewees wait a little longer to hear back then :/
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
They will respond a little later. They told me the end of the this weekTried emailing UToledo to ask about the status of the interview results, got an automated response (they will respond manually within two business days apparently tho) with an FAQ that says:
"If you are seeking information about the status of your application, you may find your current status in the application portal. Interview invitations are extended via email on a rolling basis form September through late March or early April. Once you have completed your interview, you will be notified about your admissions decision generally 4-7 weeks following your interview."
I guess interviewees wait a little longer to hear back then :/
Remind me again what day you interviewed?They will respond a little later. They told me the end of the this week
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
I haven’t yet. But my friend interviewed 10/4Remind me again what day you interviewed?
Ah gotcha, what was the exact wording in the email they sent you/your friend?I haven’t yet. But my friend interviewed 10/4
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
« We expect more decisions by the end of next week » that was last Friday
Thanks so much!« We expect more decisions by the end of next week » that was last Friday
kaylaMyDear
Full Member
Oh wow!!! That’s a bummerGot my response from Dr. Perry:
"Greetings, (Conics98).
All admissions decisions have been delayed. Our next round of decisions will be in approximately two weeks. I do apologize for the stress this delay is causing!
Take care!"
At least it's something!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked what Dr. Perry meant by "next round of decisions" aka if anyone had heard back yet. She responded saying that the people who did early assurance through MedStart and Bacc2MD have gotten decisions.Got my response from Dr. Perry:
"Greetings, (Conics98).
All admissions decisions have been delayed. Our next round of decisions will be in approximately two weeks. I do apologize for the stress this delay is causing!
Take care!"
At least it's something!
In the meantime though, channeling swift decisions for everyone!!!
loosecriminal
Full Member
Anyone have a heart attack with the email they just sent? Nice of them to give us a timeline though!
hellodoc321
Full Member
That email made me so nervous at first glance 😭😭
premed1199
Full Member
I didn't get an email (which is probably not a good sign, idk) can someone tell me what it said?
loosecriminal
Full Member
Basically there have been some delays in decisions and we should hear the next batch via email on wed-FriI didn't get an email (which is probably not a good sign, idk) can someone tell me what it said?