2021-2022 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my response from Dr. Perry:

"Greetings, (Conics98).

All admissions decisions have been delayed. Our next round of decisions will be in approximately two weeks. I do apologize for the stress this delay is causing!

Take care!"

At least it's something!
I asked what Dr. Perry meant by "next round of decisions" aka if anyone had heard back yet. She responded saying that the people who did early assurance through MedStart and Bacc2MD have gotten decisions.

In the meantime though, channeling swift decisions for everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have a heart attack with the email they just sent? Nice of them to give us a timeline though!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get an email (which is probably not a good sign, idk) can someone tell me what it said?

I didn't get an email (which is probably not a good sign, idk) can someone tell me what it said?
Basically there have been some delays in decisions and we should hear the next batch via email on wed-Fri

Did you interview yet?
nope, so if it was something about that it makes sense! I didn't know if it was like a general email to all applicants, but thanks for letting me know guys!

Does anyone who has already interviewed have advice on how to prep? This will be my first MMI and to say I am nervous is a huge understatement.

Does anyone who has already interviewed have advice on how to prep? This will be my first MMI and to say I am nervous is a huge understatement.
don't be, it is a very chill MMI. Just practice using prompts online and creating good responses under time while recording yourself. watch back you videos to make sure coming across the way you want. try to relax during the actual interview, the interviewers for mine were very friendly and not intimidating at all. You won't have to worry about completing a monologue for the entire time duration, they will ask you elaborative questions after your initial response.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
don't be, it is a very chill MMI. Just practice using prompts online and creating good responses under time while recording yourself. watch back you videos to make sure coming across the way you want. try to relax during the actual interview, the interviewers for mine were very friendly and not intimidating at all. You won't have to worry about completing a monologue for the entire time duration, they will ask you elaborative questions after your initial response.
Thank you so much! This is so helpful.

II just now! IS with very strong Toledo ties (born and raised)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning, complete 8/28! No ties to Toledo specifically, but live in Ohio

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got an acceptance!!! I am literally sobbing.. I never thought this day would come

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Just got an acceptance!!! I am literally sobbing.. I never thought this day would come
congratulations!!! what was the date of your interview? I am currently waiting to hear back and am wondering if it will happen this week 😬

congratulations!!! what was the date of your interview? I am currently waiting to hear back and am wondering if it will happen this week 😬
Thank you!! I interviewed on 10/18 😁

I really don’t like how unorganized and slow this school is. I’m thinking about withdrawing my app
They told us to expect things from today to Friday, and even sent out a few decisions a day earlier. They communicated when they were behind this year and besides, an admissions cycle does not determine the quality of the education. Sure historically they are not the best with timing but in no way, shape, or form is this an objective evaluation of Toledo presently. Chill.

• Inappropriate
I really don’t like how unorganized and slow this school is. I’m thinking about withdrawing my app
Unless you're sitting on a nest of A's, withdrawing for this reason might be rather foolish.

That’s my opinion!!! You’re entitled to yours
Why so snappy? If you wanna withdraw, withdraw. Don't come here being snappy towards someone who is trying to give you a perspective so you don't make rash decisions that, might I add, may be the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot.

Why so snappy? If you wanna withdraw, withdraw. Don't come here being snappy towards someone who is trying to give you a perspective so you don't make rash decisions that, might I add, may be the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot.
I see you on every page that I'm on because we applied to basically to all the same schools, any luck so far?

I see you on every page that I'm on because we applied to basically to all the same schools, any luck so far?
I feel like it's time for a profile pic change... too many people are recognizing me :lol: But nah, I'm on the alt list at one place and haven't heard back from anywhere else. Hbu?

I feel like it's time for a profile pic change... too many people are recognizing me :lol: But nah, I'm on the alt list at one place and haven't heard back from anywhere else. Hbu?
It is probably the profile pic ahahah. And 2 D.O. schools right now, all IS schools have been SILENT :) can barely sleep.

• Care
It is probably the profile pic ahahah. And 2 D.O. schools right now, all IS schools have been SILENT :) can barely sleep.
I totally feel ya. I have other stuff I'm working on that takes my mind off the cycle, but my inbox has been pretty sad..... oh well. Hoping we both hear back with something good by the end of this year!

Been refreshing my email like crazy these past 24 hours but I’m pretty sure Toledo’s offices are closed today so we have a better chance of hearing back tomorrow… hope everyone is hanging in there and staying busy!!

Been refreshing my email like crazy these past 24 hours but I’m pretty sure Toledo’s offices are closed today so we have a better chance of hearing back tomorrow… hope everyone is hanging in there and staying busy!!
Are they? What for?

Has anyone else been aggressively refreshing their email every 10 minutes? 😅

Logging into the application portal everyday this week to see that my “application is under review” still:

AE88FEFC-56DE-4577-944A-41D586B33600.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
accepted!!! got the email 30 minutes ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed Oct 18th and haven’t received anything, anyone else in the same boat?