2022-2023 Toledo

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know when they notify you about institutional financial aid? It looks like the deadline for applying for aid is May 1. Does that mean aid packages aren't released until after CYMS commit to enroll?
Interested in learning this this as well! Haven't been able to find any info on it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wonder how many people Toledo Medstart interviwed this year, i heard they interview about 35 people and accept about 15?
 
For anyone who submitted update laters, what do you usually include in that? Im applying this upcoming cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received an II, scheduled for 3/24! Does anyone have any advice for the interview?!?
Outside of practicing conversational skills just don’t stress too much about it. Very straight forward and there isn’t really a good way to prepare for the day itself. Just get good sleep and eat something beforehand because it is a pretty long day. Everyone is super nice and most interviewers will make it somewhat conversational and attempt to get to know you. Good luck!
 
Outside of practicing conversational skills just don’t stress too much about it. Very straight forward and there isn’t really a good way to prepare for the day itself. Just get good sleep and eat something beforehand because it is a pretty long day. Everyone is super nice and most interviewers will make it somewhat conversational and attempt to get to know you. Good luck!
Sounds good! Also in the email they sent they said I would get a confirmation email after scheduling, but I have not received an email yet. Does it take some time for that email to arrive? On the portal it doesn't say exactly what date I selected (although I remember), so I just want to make sure that it got scheduled correctly!
 
Sounds good! Also in the email they sent they said I would get a confirmation email after scheduling, but I have not received an email yet. Does it take some time for that email to arrive? On the portal it doesn't say exactly what date I selected (although I remember), so I just want to make sure that it got scheduled correctly!
It has been a couple of months so I don’t remember exactly. I think mine came through pretty fast, but doesn’t ever hurt to email the staff and confirm!
 
10/26 interview definitely feeling this right now lol
I can’t believe you guys still haven’t heard yet… Obviously I understand why people wouldn’t want to contact them aggressively, but you guys definitely deserve a full explanation for that. Regardless of the “unforeseen circumstances” that’s unacceptable.
 
Just received an II, scheduled for 3/24! Does anyone have any advice for the interview?!?
Adding onto the other advice, I found it really helpful to practice some MMI scenarios just to get comfortable with the format. I found YouTube videos really helpful. There are a ton of resources out there for practice. Congrats on the II. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
10/18 interview here...I feel this. Has anybody tried reaching out to them? I don't want them to get annoyed especially after the unforeseen circumstances email, but I feel like this wait is becoming excessive.
Did you decide to reach out? I think it would be perfectly reasonable to ask for an expected decision date at this point. Just an update on my end I have not received any email about "taking longer than expected" and I interviewed on 1/20.

Update at I received an acceptance letter at around 3:40 today. Still crying.
 
Last edited:
Did you decide to reach out? I think it would be perfectly reasonable to ask for an expected decision date at this point. Just an update on my end I have not received any email about "taking longer than expected" and I interviewed on 1/20.

Update at I received an acceptance letter at around 3:40 today. Still crying.
Email or a physical letter?
 
Did you decide to reach out? I think it would be perfectly reasonable to ask for an expected decision date at this point. Just an update on my end I have not received any email about "taking longer than expected" and I interviewed on 1/20.

Update at I received an acceptance letter at around 3:40 today. Still crying.
Do you mind sharing if you're IS or OOS?
 
OOS, but strong ties to the area graduated from Eastern Michigan and went to high school near Detroit. Non trad, so my stats are a little Wonky but I am happy to share. Undergrad GPA - 2.98 Post Bach - 3.6 Grad School 4.0 MCAT - (like 10 years ago 30) 507

also email not a letter, but it portal allows me to accept
Thank you for sharing. Will probably be calling at the end of the week to ask for an explanation of some kind if I don’t hear anything by then
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad