You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cempasuchil
Full Member
Got the A email today too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What time did they send the A emails on Tuesday yesterday? 😋🙂And congrats y'all! 🙂
I hope they send some more acceptances for the month of February . . .
I hope they send some more acceptances for the month of February . . .
Got mine just before 5pm ESTWhat time did they send the A emails on Tuesday yesterday? 😋🙂And congrats y'all! 🙂
I hope they send some more acceptances for the month of February . . .
didi868
Full Member
Got mine just before 5pm EST
+1
Just got the A via email 😀 interviewed 11/18. Wow what a rush of emotions
Omg . . . Do they send them all at once? Probably . . . 🥺Just got the A via email 😀 interviewed 11/18. Wow what a rush of emotions
So you got yours around 10 am EST? o:
>.< I hope they also send out acceptances to the October interviewees too . . .
Edit: Congrats btw!! 🥺🎉
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
Just got the A email! Interviewed 11/18
Man, I'm sorry you're still waiting. That is so frustrating! I believe I read in last year's thread that Toledo's turnaround time can be a little unpredictable because it depends on your faculty reviewer and when they complete their review.Omg . . . Do they send them all at once? Probably . . . 🥺
So you got yours around 10 am EST? o:
>.< I hope they also send out acceptances to the October interviewees too . . .
Edit: Congrats btw!! 🥺🎉
future_is_the_future
New Member
Congrats to all the acceptances!! I sent this earlier too, but dm for the link to the GroupMe for accepted students🙂
catlover814
New Member
I'm in the same boat... interviewed 10/18 and still haven't heard anything. Hopefully soon!Omg . . . Do they send them all at once? Probably . . . 🥺
So you got yours around 10 am EST? o:
>.< I hope they also send out acceptances to the October interviewees too . . .
Edit: Congrats btw!! 🥺🎉
I interviewed on that day as well! -sigh-I'm in the same boat... interviewed 10/18 and still haven't heard anything. Hopefully soon!
I emailed them just now about something (just email communications) since I needed to update my AMCAS email . . . (I might have trouble logging into the previous email I listed, so I needed to update it.)
Is there a way to update on AMP of email preferences? I did not see a way to change email preferences per se upon a cursory look, but oh well, I hoped my email to them sufficed . . .
Thank you . . . I'll just keep myself busy and productive in the mean time!Man, I'm sorry you're still waiting. That is so frustrating! I believe I read in last year's thread that Toledo's turnaround time can be a little unpredictable because it depends on your faculty reviewer and when they complete their review.
I appreciated your kind words very much and understand that they are certainly busy and stuff -- I will just be patient for sure while I wait 😔🥺 . . .
Has anyone who has been accepted been able to find the choose your medical school tool on AAMC?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much! I'm asking for my partner who recently got accepted! We both wish you good luck!It opens tomorrow as today is Presidents’ Day (not accepted btw 🥲)
orgosad
Full Member
Hi! I have my first MMI upcoming, what does all mmi mean? like they’re all scenario based acting or we will still be given traditional prompts such as why physician? thank you!All MMI
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
Hello! The MMI consists of 8 different scenarios; no traditional prompts from what I remember. They won’t ask you to act anything out. You will just give your thoughts on the prompt and the interviewers will engage with follow-up questions. They will explain all of this in more detail prior to the start of the MMI.Hi! I have my first MMI upcoming, what does all mmi mean? like they’re all scenario based acting or we will still be given traditional prompts such as why physician? thank you!
Anyone know when orientation is for this school?
July 25-27Anyone know when orientation is for this school?
Any 10/18 results yet?
Last edited:
Pre II R just now
II this morning!
Looking at the post-II acceptance numbers—is it really like 90%? Lol
Looking at the post-II acceptance numbers—is it really like 90%? Lol
When we had orientation last August for this year's M1 class, we were told 440 people were interviewed and around 240 were accepted or so. I think the most recent spreadsheet was from the cycle before that so I imagine it changed!How’s it possible that Toledo interviews 382 candidates (according to previous post-ii rates spreadsheet) and assigns 150-200 candidates to their waitlist according to aamc data? Idk these number aren’t quite adding up imo
From what I remember, the spreadsheet was based off the year where Toledo didn't send out any interviews until January (Also a great thread to read if you're bored)When we had orientation last August for this year's M1 class, we were told 440 people were interviewed and around 240 were accepted or so. I think the most recent spreadsheet was from the cycle before that so I imagine it changed!
Yeah that was the 2020-2021 admissions cycleFrom what I remember, the spreadsheet was based off the year where Toledo didn't send out any interviews until January (Also a great thread to read if you're bored)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm keeping myself busy in the meantime and checking the portal almost every day / every other day on the weekdays. . . I'll keep y'all posted 🙏.📚Any 10/18 results yet?
scrubbydubdub
Full Member
is toledo done interviewing?
DOn't think so someone just got an interview invite this monday.is toledo done interviewing?
They interview pretty late into the cycle! A couple of my friends here at UT now got their IIs in March, interviewed in April and got accepted soon after thatis toledo done interviewing?
DocShamrock
New Member
I haven't been able to activate mine. I'm glad I'm not the only one...Anyone else not able to activate their student accounts?
alwaysdreaming
Full Member
Have you all received the Certiphi Background Check Request for Toledo? Also is it like a one time thing that you fill out, or do you have to do it for each school separately?
alwaysdreaming
Full Member
I just tried to activate mine. I am not sure if it worked. It says something about having to wait 24 hours before you can login, so I can't really check for now.Anyone else not able to activate their student accounts?
I don't even get to that point.. It says there's an error in locating mine. Were you able to open the PDF instructions in the portal? Because I also cannot do thatI just tried to activate mine. I am not sure if it worked. It says something about having to wait 24 hours before you can login, so I can't really check for now.
alwaysdreaming
Full Member
The portal link for the pdf instructions did not open for me either. I found this on the first year page. (https://www.utoledo.edu/med/md/admissions/pdfs/UpdatedactivatingUT.pdf).I don't even get to that point.. It says there's an error in locating mine. Were you able to open the PDF instructions in the portal? Because I also cannot do that
Alwaysthesecondary
Full Member
First Friday of the month... fingers crossed for everyone that today is the day
Right there with you. 6 weeks since 1/20 interviews. Any other dates besides 10/18 waiting?First Friday of the month... fingers crossed for everyone that today is the day
I ended up having to email admissions to fix my ID. Don’t even worry about calling help desk bc they can’t help either lol. Just email admissions and they should email back within the same day if it’s still not workingI don't even get to that point.. It says there's an error in locating mine. Were you able to open the PDF instructions in the portal? Because I also cannot do that
Alwaysthesecondary
Full Member
Hi! Do you know how heavily interviews are weighed in the final decision here?We met with admissions recently and they gave us August 15th as a tentative date. They're hoping to start sending II's by then but no guarantees!
worm compost
Full Member
Does anyone know when they notify you about institutional financial aid? It looks like the deadline for applying for aid is May 1. Does that mean aid packages aren't released until after CYMS commit to enroll?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've moved your post to the main Toledo thread to see if any other applicants applied to the Medstart program. It appears that from last year's thread that decisions came out at the end of March.did anyone that applied to toledo's medstart program hear back? i got an interview but anxious about when decisions will come out..
Did this... No response yet 😢I ended up having to email admissions to fix my ID. Don’t even worry about calling help desk bc they can’t help either lol. Just email admissions and they should email back within the same day if it’s still not working