You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys, I want to congratulate those who have been accepted or invited to interview thus far!
I want to reiterate this post again, in case some of you have not seen it, but this account is run by UTCOMLS Ambassadors, a group of medical and graduate students at The University of Toledo. We work with the Dean's Office and the Office of Admissions to help bridge the gap between current and prospective students on the Health Science Campus. As we're in the second half of the cycle and many of you are making big decisions in the coming months, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have related to our school. Please feel free to reach out to us on this thread, through private message, or at our e-mail and we will be happy to help. Go Rockets!
Email: [email protected]
Website: UTCOMLS Ambassador Program
Facebook: University of Toledo COMLS Ambassadors
Instagram: @utcomls.ambassadors
I want to reiterate this post again, in case some of you have not seen it, but this account is run by UTCOMLS Ambassadors, a group of medical and graduate students at The University of Toledo. We work with the Dean's Office and the Office of Admissions to help bridge the gap between current and prospective students on the Health Science Campus. As we're in the second half of the cycle and many of you are making big decisions in the coming months, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have related to our school. Please feel free to reach out to us on this thread, through private message, or at our e-mail and we will be happy to help. Go Rockets!
Email: [email protected]
Website: UTCOMLS Ambassador Program
Facebook: University of Toledo COMLS Ambassadors
Instagram: @utcomls.ambassadors
Should I lose hope for getting an II
Keep your head up! The admissions office has told ambassadors that they will be extending invites through the end of March, and interviews will continue through May. If you haven't yet received a decision, it is still possible to be invited to interview. We know the application cycle is long and requires a lot of patience, but continue to check your status through the application portal!
Sending you lots of luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! As of now the admissions office has not given us a hard deadline as to when interview invitations will discontinue. However, I know several other M1 students in my class that did not interview until late March and accepted 6-8 weeks later around April and May. Keep your head up and good luck with the rest of your application cycle; you got this!They update their available dates frequently (like every couple weeks) so the last day probably hasn't been posted yet
If you have other questions I can answer, please let me know!
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
Congratulations!!!Got the A this morning via email!! So excited!
Thank you!!Congratulations!!!
dragonboi232
New Member
is someone working on an accepted GroupMe?
postbaccstudent2021
Full Member
There's a discord and fb page if you're interested I can drop the linkis someone working on an accepted GroupMe?
Mind sending me a pm with the FB group link?There's a discord and fb page if you're interested I can drop the link
Hello Everyone! A huge congratulations to those who have been accepted or invited to interview so far! Reaching this point in your journey is an accomplishment of its own. As students, we all know how taxing this process can be, so we're here to help where we can.
As many of you are making big decisions in the coming months, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have related to our school. Please feel free to reach out to us on this thread, through a private message, or at our e-mail and we will be happy to help. Go Rockets!
Email: [email protected]
Website: UTCOMLS Ambassador Program
Facebook: University of Toledo COMLS Ambassadors
Instagram: @utcomls.ambassadors
As many of you are making big decisions in the coming months, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have related to our school. Please feel free to reach out to us on this thread, through a private message, or at our e-mail and we will be happy to help. Go Rockets!
Email: [email protected]
Website: UTCOMLS Ambassador Program
Facebook: University of Toledo COMLS Ambassadors
Instagram: @utcomls.ambassadors
cheetolover14
Full Member
+1Pre-II R just now. ✌️
Pre-II R just now. Complete early august OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Pre-II R just now. Complete early august OOS
May I ask what you wrote for the secondary that asked about ties to toledo and Ohio? I also don't have any ties to Ohio and hope to apply here in the future!II yesterday morning. IS, no ties to school
dragonboi232
New Member
May I ask what you wrote for the secondary that asked about ties to toledo and Ohio? I also don't have any ties to Ohio and hope to apply here in the future!
If no ties to ohio then you can leave it blank.. if you have ties to ohio but not northwest ohio then you can write about that. But no ties I say leave it blank
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
my application is still under review, is there any hope for II still going out?
BadHombreMD
New Member
I left that section blank since I had no ties to Toledo or Northwest Ohio!May I ask what you wrote for the secondary that asked about ties to toledo and Ohio? I also don't have any ties to Ohio and hope to apply here in the future!
tryingtobeadoc
Full Member
I sent in the apps a couple of months ago and haven't heard anything back yetAny accepted students who sent in scholarship apps hear anything back?
BananaMangoLemonParty
Full Member
Interview Invite today around 5pm. Out of state (Michigan).
Congrats! That's exciting to hear Toledo is still sending them out, when is your interview scheduled for?Interview Invite today around 5pm. Out of state (Michigan).
BananaMangoLemonParty
Full Member
Thank you, my interview is the 25th.Congrats! That's exciting to hear Toledo is still sending them out, when is your interview scheduled for?
Has anyone had any luck directly emailing admissions with updates? I added one to my portal about 2 months ago with no response.
Uploading an update to the AMP portal didn't get me a response either but I assume the adcom has access to itHas anyone had any luck directly emailing admissions with updates? I added one to my portal about 2 months ago with no response.
premed dad
Full Member
At Facebook gp, group me , do you think there are accepted students ( class of 2026) only or there are other medical students also
Last edited by a moderator:
dbswjd1030
Full Member
any interview updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
agent_frost
Full Member
Received acceptance today! Interviewed 2/21
In the GroupMe and Discord, there are all incoming M1s and a couple ambassadors to supervise us more or less. In the Facebook, there's our incoming class, more ambassadors, and people looking to sell furniture/housing or find roommatesAt Facebook gp, group me , do you think there are accepted students ( class of 2026) only or there are other medical students also
I know a few people who got their interview invites on Monday, one had an interview day yesterday. They're not done sending out IIs!any interview updates?
dbswjd1030
Full Member
do the interviews also consist of standard interview questions or are they mostly ethical questions?
dbswjd1030
Full Member
thank you so much!! just one more question: how often did you incorporate your personal experiences into the answers?Closed file MMI. No standard interview questions, it's just lots of scenarios (not necessarily ethical ones either!) Personally had a lot of fun during my interview
As you see fit! I feel like I have a wide breadth of non clinical experiences so I felt okay talking with the interviewer about experiences outside of healthcare.thank you so much!! just one more question: how often did you incorporate your personal experiences into the answers?
I maybe brought up personal experiences 4-5 times but if you don't feel that need then you can choose a response more in line with you. I will say I only had maybe 2 prompts that were clinically related but my follow up questions were a bit more so. It was hard to answer the follow ups with personal experiences because I couldnt prepare for that with the 2 minute time window and I don't think they'll expect you to.
BananaMangoLemonParty
Full Member
Does anyone know where on the website the tuition is listed? I found it once but now I cant remember where it is. (EDIT: I found it)
Also, it seems like the tuition gets less expensive after year 1. Can anyone confirm this? My interview is in a week btw.
Also, it seems like the tuition gets less expensive after year 1. Can anyone confirm this? My interview is in a week btw.
Last edited:
Got my federal financial aid offers, you need to file FAFSA. For the scholarship awards you submitted an application for, we have to wait until after April 30th presumably. But Toledo's CTE date is pretty lenient, not until late June 🙂Has anyone gotten financial aid offers? I’ve still heard absolutely nothing. Would really like to get some info to help make a decision before April 30…
BananaMangoLemonParty
Full Member
My interview is tomorrow. Anyone have any last minute advise? Thanks!
dbswjd1030
Full Member
same!My interview is tomorrow. Anyone have any last minute advise? Thanks!
My interview is tomorrow. Anyone have any last minute advise? Thanks!
Have some fun with it! I personally had a blast during my session, and being in a happy mental state can go a long way. Also don't feel compelled to respond to something that isn't there. A lot of the prompts I had on interview day were non medical related but the follow ups had more ties to medicine and what you think about different aspects of it.same!
Go hang out with your people or do what makes you smile for tonight, get some sleep, stay calm and go for it!
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
Is Toledo still sending out II? I feel like I read somewhere on this thread that they're interviewing until the end of May??? Also can anybody whos been accepted share the number of people who have joined the Groupme/FB group??
They still seem to be giving IIs. I know someone who got her II 2 weeks ago and interviewed later that week.Is Toledo still sending out II? I feel like I read somewhere on this thread that they're interviewing until the end of May??? Also can anybody whos been accepted share the number of people who have joined the Groupme/FB group??
The Facebook group has 131 people but that includes people who have been accepted as well as ambassadors and other students looking for roommates/freshies to take over their leases or furniture. The GroupMe has 87 accepted students and 2 ambassadors. Some people HAVE left our chat, probably in favor of other acceptance offers, and I don't have an exact number on that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
thank you for such a detailed response i appreciate you!! Guess ill just have to keep my hope alive for now and keep praying for a miracleThey still seem to be giving IIs. I know someone who got her II 2 weeks ago and interviewed later that week.
The Facebook group has 131 people but that includes people who have been accepted as well as ambassadors and other students looking for roommates/freshies to take over their leases or furniture. The GroupMe has 87 accepted students and 2 ambassadors. Some people HAVE left our chat, probably in favor of other acceptance offers, and I don't have an exact number on that.
You're welcome! Fingers crossedthank you for such a detailed response i appreciate you!! Guess ill just have to keep my hope alive for now and keep praying for a miracle
premed dad
Full Member
You're welcome! Fingers crossed
Do you know when orientation/classes start ?You're welcome! Fingers crossed
Tentative dates we got at a recent in person event were July 26-29 was orientation and the white coat ceremony, classes start August 1stDo you know when orientation/classes start ?
Edit: I said June instead of July on accident
Last edited: