2021-2022 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the acceptance email yesterday!! Incredibly excited!! :) I interviewed on 12/9

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hey everyone, big congratulations to those who have been accepted or invited to interview thus far!

This account is run by UTCOMLS Ambassadors, a group of medical and graduate students at The University of Toledo. We work with the Dean's Office and the Office of Admissions to help bridge the gap between current and prospective students on the Health Science Campus. As we're in the second half of the cycle and many of you are making big decisions in the coming months, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have related to our school. Please feel free to reach out to us on this thread, through private message, or at our e-mail and we will be happy to help. Go Rockets!

Email: [email protected]
Facebook: University of Toledo COMLS Ambassadors
Instagram: @utcomls.ambassadors
Thanks so much!! Do y'all know yet if you're planning any info sessions for the spring?

Thanks so much!! Do y'all know yet if you're planning any info sessions for the spring?
Yes, I believe we are. Nothing is set in stone with dates yet, but it will likely be sometime in April or May. We also have a few upcoming meet and greets with current students, for which dates should’ve been sent out to interviewing/accepted applicants!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am an Ohioan.... but from the south-east region with no ties to Toledo or the area. Is it worth applying?
Definitely! We want to learn about your story and your why. Ties to the Toledo area help tell us the picture of why you want to attend medical school at UTCOMLS, but they are certainly not necessary to apply!

Reactions: 1 users
Had anyone interviewed here yet? How was the MMI format? 2 hours seems draining
Regarding this and other questions about interviews, I would say that they are pretty chill! I did not think that it was draining or that it "droned on forever". Once the MMI format begins, the time flies! Good luck to all applicants!

Regarding this and other questions about interviews, I would say that they are pretty chill! I did not think that it was draining or that it "droned on forever". Once the MMI format begins, the time flies! Good luck to all applicants!
I already interviewed quite a few months ago and I totally agree! I had so much fun in my interview :)

Got the A yesterday! If there are any current students lurking around on this thread who are willing to answer some questions I have, let me know!
Hello! This account is run by current students at UTCOMLS. I would be happy to help answer some questions!

• Care
Hello! This account is run by current students at UTCOMLS. I would be happy to help answer some questions!
Hello current students, do you guys know if I will be receiving and interview anytime soon?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Do you have an idea of how many interviews are left to be given out? Does this school reject at the end of the cycle or throughout as well?

Hey everyone, big congratulations to those who have been accepted or invited to interview thus far!

This account is run by UTCOMLS Ambassadors, a group of medical and graduate students at The University of Toledo. We work with the Dean's Office and the Office of Admissions to help bridge the gap between current and prospective students on the Health Science Campus. As we're in the second half of the cycle and many of you are making big decisions in the coming months, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have related to our school. Please feel free to reach out to us on this thread, through private message, or at our e-mail and we will be happy to help. Go Rockets!

Email: [email protected]
Facebook: University of Toledo COMLS Ambassadors
Instagram: @utcomls.ambassadors
Hello! What does the COMLS Student Ambassador meet and greet entail? (There is one scheduled this evening, and one scheduled for Sunday, does it make a difference which one we attend?)

Do you have an idea of how many interviews are left to be given out? Does this school reject at the end of the cycle or throughout as well?
To you and others asking about interviews: Unfortunately, I do not know about how many interviews will still be given out. However, I can tell you that I did not interview until March, and I was accepted in April, which can be considered pretty late. I know several students who were in the same boat, so if you're still waiting to hear, stay positive! Also, I believe rejections are sent throughout the cycle.

If you have other questions I can answer, please let me know! Good luck to all and congratulations to those who have been accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! What does the COMLS Student Ambassador meet and greet entail? (There is one scheduled this evening, and one scheduled for Sunday, does it make a difference which one we attend?)
Hello! So the Meet and Greets are an opportunity for you to speak with a few current students and ask any questions you may have about UTCOMLS and we will do our best to answer them! It is an opportunity for you to learn more about us as a school, as students, etc. Also, you should attend whichever works better in your schedule!

Members don't see this ad :)
I noticed that in last year's thread people received interview invitations in April. Is that common for Toledo/something that could happen this cycle? Also, what are odds of an OOS student (aka me) receiving an interview at this point?

I noticed that in last year's thread people received interview invitations in April. Is that common for Toledo/something that could happen this cycle? Also, what are odds of an OOS student (aka me) receiving an interview at this point?
A lot of places can still give out a few IIs in April (I feel like I saw some schools outside the top 40 do this at least). But for Toledo it's a little different; last cycle IIs didn't start going out until February, it was really disorganized. Therefore, their main body of IIs went out closer to the end of the cycle. This year, they started going out in September so I wouldn't imagine so many go out in April. But I could be wrong! I feel like so far three waves of IIs have shown up on this thread so there's still the potential for a lot more.

Some OOS people without any ties got IIs very early on so I wouldn't imagine you're out of contention. That said, it's a public school so if you have state ties (especially to northwest OH), school ties, or a really good fit, more power to you. The odds of an OOS interview at all (not just "at this point") are going to be low but still not impossible!

A lot of places can still give out a few IIs in April (I feel like I saw some schools outside the top 40 do this at least). But for Toledo it's a little different; last cycle IIs didn't start going out until February, it was really disorganized. Therefore, their main body of IIs went out closer to the end of the cycle. This year, they started going out in September so I wouldn't imagine so many go out in April. But I could be wrong! I feel like so far three waves of IIs have shown up on this thread so there's still the potential for a lot more.

Some OOS people without any ties got IIs very early on so I wouldn't imagine you're out of contention. That said, it's a public school so if you have state ties (especially to northwest OH), school ties, or a really good fit, more power to you. The odds of an OOS interview at all (not just "at this point") are going to be low but still not impossible!
This is really helpful, thank you!

• Care
Anyone else already interview and still waiting to hear back? If so, when was your interview? The waiting is so hard!

Seeking some guidance here... I haven't received II but haven't been rejected either. With respect to Toledo, is it safe to say I should move on? I'm OOS.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone,

In regards to questions about interview invites, the admissions office has told ambassadors that they will be extending invites through the end of March, and interviews will continue through May. If you haven't yet received a decision, it is still possible to be invited to interview. We know the application cycle is long and requires a lot of patience, but continue to check your status through the application portal!

Wishing all of you the best of luck!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
So I opened up the CYMS tool today so I could click "plan to enroll" at Toledo. I was accepted on 11/16 but apparently the AAMC didn't receive it until 1/28. @ the other accepted peeps, y'all might wanna check to see if your acceptance is there, especially if your A came in January. "Please contact the medical schools if there are any discrepancies with the information below."

Maybe they sent all the acceptances they had thus far all at once, but you can't be too careful!

1645548707940.png

So I opened up the CYMS tool today so I could click "plan to enroll" at Toledo. I was accepted on 11/16 but apparently the AAMC didn't receive it until 1/28. @ the other accepted peeps, y'all might wanna check to see if your acceptance is there, especially if your A came in January. "Please contact the medical schools if there are any discrepancies with the information below."

Maybe they sent all the acceptances they had thus far all at once, but you can't be too careful!

View attachment 350666
I was accepted 12/3... mine said the same thing

any other IS applicant's that have been under review since mid-august? starting to lose hope ... :(

Reactions: 2 users
OOS here placed on AL (hoping for that A haha)
Anyone have any idea when UToledos last interview date is? —I noticed how it ran until mid-May last year:/
Last cycle was an anomaly since they didn't start until February with IIs. That said, in an above post, someone said that IIs would be issued until the end of March and that the interviews themselves would run until the end of May though.

Were you put on AL today?

For those of you still waiting to hear back after your interview, when was your interview date? I've been waiting about 6.5 weeks now :')

For those of you still waiting to hear back after your interview, when was your interview date? I've been waiting about 6.5 weeks now :')
It took a little over 8 weeks to hear back for me, but that's because I interviewed right before winter break so hopefully you hear back a little sooner!

Took me about 5 but that's probably because I interviewed early and didn't really have any major holidays during my wait. Hoping you get that A soon!

Took me about 5 but that's probably because I interviewed early and didn't really have any major holidays during my wait. Hoping you get that A soon
I think we manifested some good energy...got my A this morning! Hope to see you in a few months future doctor :)

• Love
Congratulations to you all! There will indeed be a Facebook group, but it also would be a good idea to make a GroupMe for your class! Looking forward to meeting you all this summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! Has anyone heard any info regarding MedStart or Bacc2MD decisions being released?