2021-2022 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Final review email recieved today, anyone know if this usually leads to an II or interview waitlist?
I received both Final Review email and ll this morning. Under Review email was received last week of December.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For any current/past students: how do you feel about the grading system? Hesitant because true pass/fail is pretty important to me!

Members don't see this ad :)
got a final review email but nothing after that so far :(
Weird!! My final review email basically said that I was on the interview waitlist, and the peeps I know who got IIs received an email right after that final review email.

II this week. Complete late November LM 72. Received final review same day.

Just got an II! Super excited!

edit: earliest available date is the last few days of March.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Weird!! My final review email basically said that I was on the interview waitlist, and the peeps I know who got IIs received an email right after that final review email.
just got the II ! Haha, I was stressing out for no reason, super excited now!!

• Love
Also got II today! Complete 12/6. Under review 12/28. Final review 2 days ago.
Edit: there were 2 dates available in end of March and first week of April.

Last edited:
For any current/past students: how do you feel about the grading system? Hesitant because true pass/fail is pretty important to me!
They switched from letter grade to P/F during Covid and according to current students there’s no plan on going back to graded system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what their post interview acceptance rate is?

Honestly I love it, lol. All that's on your transcript is a P (and even if you fail, it's marked as U - unsatisfactory until you pass the remediation, in which case it'll be a U/P). They do keep grades for GPA purposes to rank students and to put on the MSPE but programs won't see what grades you got in which courses.

I recieved under review email in late october but never got the final review email. It's been over the 6-8 weeks that they estimated for the review process. I know they said we don't need to call or email the department but I'm wondering if I should since it's reaching the 14 week mark. Maybe this is just a pre-ii rejection. Anybody in a similar situation?

Is there a FB or group me for accepted students?

Reactions: 3 users
how heavily is the interview weighed in the admission decision? I feel like I bombed my interview…

how heavily is the interview weighed in the admission decision? I feel like I bombed my interview…
Also felt horrible after my interview, but I was accepted! I think my stats and activities were solid so maybe the interview isn't weighted too much? You have 2 weeks to submit your deposit.

Reactions: 1 users
AHH Congrats!! Do they tell you how soon you have to give them the deposit after the acceptance?
AHH Thank you!
You have 2 weeks from the date on the official admission letter to turn in deposit. So, I got the official admission letter on 2/9. I have until 2/23 to submit the deposit.

Last edited:
Is there a FB or group me for accepted students?
There is a FB group for accepted students. I believe you’ll get an email about it after you pay your deposit. At least I did a couple weeks after I paid my deposit.

4th year here. It was graded system till covid hit. Not sure what they gonna do because I'm in my rotations.

4th year here. It was graded system till covid hit. Not sure what they gonna do because I'm in my rotations.
How would you say the quality of the rotations are over there? I just did my interview with TUNCOM yesterday and want to know more info on the rotations?

Interviewed on February 1st and received an email today saying I was waitlisted… a bit disappointed , but grateful it was not a flat out rejection.
Does anyone know how their waitlist is? Or has anyone gotten off the waitlist already for this application cycle ?

How would you say the quality of the rotations are over there? I just did my interview with TUNCOM yesterday and want to know more info on the rotations?
Rotations are great and I would say one of the best because all rotations are within 30 miles radius so in your 3rd/4th year you don't need to move anywhere. Once you start med school here you are good for next 4 years.

Reactions: 3 users
if your stats are good it's not a big deal because they know people get nervous during interview.

I had my interview and my interviewer wasn’t disrespectful or anything, but just kind of weird. They would ask me very basic and general questions (it was obvious they didn’t read my file) and would comment on my answers like it was a conversation. But whenever I tried to contribute something to the conversation, they would basically ignore me lol? I thought I was answering relatively well but idk it was kind of intimidating

Can someone tell me if they had a similar interview experience? I’m just not sure how to feel about it

OMS-IV at Touro Nevada anxiously waiting for Match Day, if you guys have any questions please DM me and I'll try and help you as I can.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the A! Do you know when the orientation for this school is?
(Current OMS1) If the schedule is the same as last year's, orientation should be the week before class begins on 8/1, so 7/25-7/29.

I had my interview and my interviewer wasn’t disrespectful or anything, but just kind of weird. They would ask me very basic and general questions (it was obvious they didn’t read my file) and would comment on my answers like it was a conversation. But whenever I tried to contribute something to the conversation, they would basically ignore me lol? I thought I was answering relatively well but idk it was kind of intimidating

Can someone tell me if they had a similar interview experience? I’m just not sure how to feel about it
My file was closed! So yours might have been too. I was talking about my GPA and they were shocked cause obviously they couldn't see it lol

Withdrew my II that was scheduled for the end of the month. Hope it goes to someone else!

I didn't have my interview yet. Isn't it supposed to be closed file though?

Is there a FB group for accepted students?
Yes, look up TUNCOM DO26 on FB. Only issue is you have to pay the deposit to get accepted and even from there they have to verify :/