2021-2022 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When were you complete and did you have an 'under review message before this?
Nice! Just got an II. Complete on Sept 27. (I think since I got a 'We received your supplemental application" email on that day.) Under review message was given on Nov 4th.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
For those who have been accepted or received II, what were you stats?

516 and 3.85...but I'm pretty sure you don't need my stats to get into here. I think the average is like a 506, 3.4 or something. The main crux is that TUN handed out interviews early af this year

Members don't see this ad :)
516 and 3.85...but I'm pretty sure you don't need my stats to get into here. I think the average is like a 506, 3.4 or something. The main crux is that TUN handed out interviews early af this year
wish I had applied in July instead of aug/sept CRIES

Does anyone know what the interview format is like?
I had one 20 minute interview. I was told that they try to have it 2-on-1, but they were short staffed so mine was 1-on-1. My interviewer told me that she had received my file prior to my interview, so I assume it's at least partially open file.

Been under review since early Nov and haven't heard back either way yet.. anyone else in the same boat? There was a period of time where there was a quick turnaround from under review to II or "Interview Waitlist"
same boat, I was told I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks to wait for an update. It's almost 4 weeks for me since I've heard from them.

Been under review since early Nov and haven't heard back either way yet.. anyone else in the same boat? There was a period of time where there was a quick turnaround from under review to II or "Interview Waitlist"
+1, early Nov under review, no word yet

Accepted!! OOS, MCAT 507, GPA 3.6

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted here 🤩 OOS, MCAT 510, GPA 3.4x, interviewed 11/16.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
What is the interview format and how long is it?
Did it yesterday; the interview format is either one-on-one or one-on-two interview depending on who you are paired with. The interview itself takes about 20 minutes but the informational session is one long-ass session (5 hours for me).

Got Pre II WL email. Idk how to interpret this, but maybe they'll review apps again after grade updates are sent in.

Got Pre II WL email. Idk how to interpret this, but maybe they'll review apps again after grade updates are sent in.
Waiting to be on the Pre II WL list since I've heard nothing but Rs and II holds from other schools. Cries

I bet they will! when were you "under review"?
+1 yesterday; last year I got flat-out ghosted until the end so this is nice :)
Dog Flapping GIF by MOODMAN

• Love
Just got my acceptance email. My first A, I'm ecstatic :D

Reactions: 3 users
Ready for review on 11/02, marked under review 12/15, hoping for good news ✌

Adcoms, all I want for Christmas is an A. Plz 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Just received under review email. R4R on 11/2 as well.

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students FB page?
I did an extensive search through this forum, google, and FB but didn't see anything. They seem to be private groups. From previous years, they go live in February.

Last edited:
Anyone know if lecture is mandatory? Is flexibility offered for students who prefer self-study / small group?

If any current TUNCOM students (or anyone else here) knows the answers, may I ask:
  • How much time is dedicated per week for OMM?
  • Is lecture attendance mandatory?
  • Are preclinical grades Pass/Fail?
  • Do you get time off to study for COMLEX/USMLE Step?
  • How is rotation quality; are rotations all within close distance to Henderson?
  • Is Touro NV specialty-friendly, or is it heavily Primary Care oriented?
Thank you for any insight!!

Marked under review yesterday, hoping for good news soon, this is a top choice for me.

• Care
II on 12/28/21! marked under final review the same day

Does anyone know if TUNCOM accepts non-academic update letters?

Does TUNCOM drug test before matriculation?
I'm OMS-2 here and no one in my grade was drug tested before matriculation.

Interestingly, NV has a newish law protecting the employment of folks who test positive for marijuana on a drug screen, with the exception of certain professions for safety reasons. Healthcare is almost certainly an included profession though, so it is probably not wise to smoke during rotations here. Just included the info to demonstrate that the regional attitude is lax.

Update: learned a random drug test occurs sometime 2nd semester, 2nd year, before rotations. Again just FYI.

Last edited:
Can any third or fourth years speak about the clinical rotations? I have a couple of questions.

II yesterday! Was complete at the end of August!