2021-2022 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AYYYYY got the acceptance! Interviewed late september

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Are all A's being released at the same time? I didn't get R or A or anything. Did anyone from Late Oct. get accepted or are we in the Jan. wave?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are all A's being released at the same time? I didn't get R or A or anything. Did anyone from Late Oct. get accepted or are we in the Jan. wave?
not sure, i interviewed in sept but i will say to check your spam because that's where my email ended up

Accepted!!!!! Interviewed late October!!! As a Bay Area native this is a dream come true :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just to clarify, accepting the offer is not binding right? The wording of "plan to matriculate" is throwing me off

Just to clarify, accepting the offer is not binding right? The wording of "plan to matriculate" is throwing me off
correct, it's not binding. after you accept they acknowledge that you are considering other offers as well

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats everyone! Do we think that they've stopped sending out IIs? Complete 7/28 still haven't heard anything

So if we didn't hear back, is this most likely waitlist/R? Or are you still actually in the running? Just trying to gauge what my chances might be like here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does UCSF offer merit based scholarships? If so, when do decisions for those come out?

Congrats everyone! Do we think that they've stopped sending out IIs? Complete 7/28 still haven't heard anything
there were II's being sent out through January (though of course maybe these were interviews for the WL) according to last year's thread so I guess all we can do is hold out and see :/

Got the A 😭😭😭😭 definitely thought this was my worst interview! Welp I'm withdrawing all my other apps for this one

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
When do y’all think December interviewees will hear back?

Interviewed second week of November and was bummed to get the alt list email last night. Congrats to all the As!

Last edited:
  • Care
Still in limbo, got the A yesterday. Interviewed in October. Congrats to everyone else getting As

• Love
Got the acceptance email yesterday, interviewed 10/28, still feel like I'm in shock. I really thought my interview didn't go well since my med student interviewer was so mean omfg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
For anyone who has already interviewed or gotten their decision email, did you send an update letter aside from the course update form? It seems like they don't really emphasize sending updates so I'm not sure if it's something I should consider if my biggest update is my fall 2021 grades that I put on my course update form.

For anyone who has already interviewed or gotten their decision email, did you send an update letter aside from the course update form? It seems like they don't really emphasize sending updates so I'm not sure if it's something I should consider if my biggest update is my fall 2021 grades that I put on my course update form.
I was accepted and did not send an update letter

A on 12/15! Check your spam/trash bc that's where mine went to. The portal page also doesn't seem to be loading for me...anyone else have that issue?

Does anyone know if UCSF accepts letters of interest/takes them into account?

What do you think it means if we received nothing at all?
IIRC I thought they mentioned on interview day during the second week of nov that some people would be reviewed in the first decision wave if their reviewers submitted their material early enough--otherwise we would hear back in the second decision wave

IIRC I thought they mentioned on interview day during the second week of nov that some people would be reviewed in the first decision wave if their reviewers submitted their material early enough--otherwise we would hear back in the second decision wave
I'm from last week of Oct. though. Regardless seems like I'll have to wait for 2nd wave haha

Does anyone know if you need to submit a fee payment to hold your spot at UCSF? I can't find this information anywhere, let me know!

No mention of Rs/IIs for a little bit—strange.

Does anyone know if you can be accepted to JMP and UCSF separately (i.e. choose between the programs)?

Conversely, did anyone who interviewed not get that? Wondering if it was sent out by mistake to everyone post II

was accepted and didn’t get this email

Reactions: 2 users
Last year, it appears that they had one wave of IIs in the first half of January. Is that probably the last one?