2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hate to ask again but was wondering if anybody on the waitlist has received the email regarding "continued interest" where we can send updates/letters of intent? I haven't received anything and want to make sure I didn't miss it. Thanks! :)
Just received this email a few minutes ago! The April 25th estimate was right on target.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
on the portal it says

we do not accept
  • A "letter of intent" or "letter of interest" - these do not impact our review of your application
soooo we cant??

on the portal it says

we do not accept
  • A "letter of intent" or "letter of interest" - these do not impact our review of your application
soooo we cant??
If you are on the WL, they sent out an email today saying 1) to accept the email on the application portal and 2) they are prepared to receive updates (i.e. letters of intent) from WL applicants

Hate to ask again but was wondering if anybody on the waitlist has received the email regarding "continued interest" where we can send updates/letters of intent? I haven't received anything and want to make sure I didn't miss it. Thanks! :)
Got mine today!

Hey y’all’s I withdrew my A yesterday. Wishing everyone on the waitlist the very best of luck, but remember, if you get in, it’s not luck - you earned it.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I haven't got any email from UCSD medical school yet. Does everyone got email regarding"continued interest?

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't got any email from UCSD medical school yet. Does everyone got email regarding"continued interest?
I randomly checked my application portal and saw there was an option to accept my position on the waitlist (before there was only the option to decline), I accepted the WL and got the email ~20 minutes later. Not sure if the timing was coincidental but worth a shot to check your portal. My understanding was that everyone on the waitlist gets the email about continued interest

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance from this amazing school and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed.

Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist ! I know you will all go on to do amazing things in life.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I have a question regarding the CTE deadlines and waitlist movement. I saw on older threads that some students got into UCSD in June but also had acceptances at other schools. Are you able to keep the PTE option after May 31st without having to commit so you can stay on waitlists?

I have a question regarding the CTE deadlines and waitlist movement. I saw on older threads that some students got into UCSD in June but also had acceptances at other schools. Are you able to keep the PTE option after May 31st without having to commit so you can stay on waitlists?
Yes, you can select the plan to enroll option for one school while staying on waitlists for other schools.

However, once you select the commit to enroll option you have agreed to no longer be on any other waitlists or have any other acceptances. I believe selecting this option is binding. Just make sure you select the commit to enroll option according to your number one school's deadline.

If you want more clarification you can google "AMCAS choose your medical school tool", click the first link, and scroll to the bottom where you will see a chart explaining all the different options.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how I can remove myself from
the waitlist here? I wanted to CTE a different school and it seems like there’s no option to remove myself from the waitlist in their portal?

Does anyone know how I can remove myself from
the waitlist here? I wanted to CTE a different school and it seems like there’s no option to remove myself from the waitlist in their portal?
You can probably just email them and let them know. That's all you're required to do besides selecting CTE for the other school through the CYMS tool according to the AMCAS guidelines.

Anyone know approximately how many people they usually take off the wailist here?
I've seen ~30-35 out of 300 on websites that seem to track this stuff...but not sure. I really hope we find out soon so I can move on :( this is so tough lol

I've seen ~30-35 out of 300 on websites that seem to track this stuff...but not sure. I really hope we find out soon so I can move on :( this is so tough lol
I feel you 100%, this process is so gut-wrenching :cryi: Wishing you the best outcome!

• Care
Hello all,

Quick q regarding coming off waitlists etc. If we are on the waitlist at UCSD how late can we de-commit from another school if we get the A from UCSD?

Also, when does orientation start at UCSD this year?

TIA!

Hello all,

Quick q regarding coming off waitlists etc. If we are on the waitlist at UCSD how late can we de-commit from another school if we get the A from UCSD?

Also, when does orientation start at UCSD this year?

TIA!
My understanding is that if you select "commit to enroll" on the CYMS tool, you have agreed to attend said school. This is from the AAMC website:

"Commit to Enroll: I am confirming my commitment to matriculate to the medical school selected above.
By selecting "Commit to Enroll," I am indicating that I have made my final selection and withdrawn all other applications, including waitlist positions."

If you selected "plan to enroll" you would basically just email the other school to let them know that you want to withdraw your application and select "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll" for UCSD on the CYMS tool. Hopefully, you selected the "plan to enroll" option at the other school and not the "commit to enroll"option. Otherwise, you may be stuck attending the other school.

Anyone have any idea at all whether the class is full or waitlisted students still have a shot?

• Hmm
around a dozen or so people have been pulled off the waitlist so far based on the fb group. its probably going to slow down as we get further into May, but as long as other schools keep giving waitlist offers, logically UCSD should give a few as well.

Anyone have any idea at all whether the class is full or waitlisted students still have a shot?
Essentially the class is always technically "full" at this point. But that's not a reason to despair. When people get offers from alt lists elsewhere, they give up their spot, "emptying" the class. This is what the last dozen waitlist pulls have stemmed from. The class was full in April, but we have still been seeing movement.

just got off the waitlist holy sh**!!!! THIS WAS MY DREAM SCHOOL U GUYS

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 20 users
has anyone heard of any movement happening recently?
No :( I was talking to someone credible about UCSD movement and they said that they didn't anticipate much more this cycle. So if you're holding out hope I would try and move forward with other decisions...at least that's what I'm trying to do!!! Sending good vibes to everyone tho.

• Sad
Hi all, any news on WL movement and does anyone know if the CTE for UCSD is still June 1 or did it change? Last year it apparently changed from June 1 to June 15...

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Good morning all! Can anyone kindly confirm that the CTE for UCSD is today June 1?

(Please excuse the “probationary status” I posted another question in two relevant forums and didn’t know that wasn’t allowed, this will be coming off this week per a moderator.)

TIA!

Good morning all! Can anyone kindly confirm that the CTE for UCSD is today June 1?

(Please excuse the “probationary status” I posted another question in two relevant forums and didn’t know that wasn’t allowed, this will be coming off this week per a moderator.)

TIA!
May be best to email UCSD